Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: American Airlines Group, Inc.: Solid Q4 Earnings, but ...

  1. #1
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,322
    Level
    100
    Points: 49,148, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 131/36
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    American Airlines Group, Inc.: Solid Q4 Earnings, but ...


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,547
    Level
    55
    Points: 6,991, Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/11
    Given: 20/83

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    How can AA increase capacity significantly ?

    They don’t have the pilots, they don’t have the aircraft and once their house-of-cards regional system starts faltering, they will LOSE capacity due to relinquished market share. The most perilous future resource are pilots, even more so then aircraft and compared to AA’s competitors, AA is hands down the least lucrative pilot employer with the worst pilot contract (STILL a “bankruptcy” contract) and a large retirement schedule that cannot likely be replaced at equal rate. Add to that a massive reliance on RJ’s which are even more risky then anything else and huge debt and AA could very well be set up for the perfect storm if timing is right and it IMO is shaping up that way.

    If you’re flowing to AA, live well within your means and save your cash. Don’t become intoxicated looking at yourself in that AA uniform or assume all will remain well based on the current view out the windshield. A LOT of red flags are out there for AA compared to their competitors.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 01-28-2018 at 11:10 PM.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    DeathStar
    Base
    MIA
    Job
    Drink Coffee, Battle VNAV/FMS
    A/C Flown
    737
    Divorces
    1/2 , still ugly and a sad man.
    Posts
    244
    Level
    42
    Points: 4,497, Level: 42
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/1
    Given: 21/7

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    2017 Delta will recognize their employees with a profit payout 441% higher than American. Money talks and BS walks. Good advice, I live very below my means given the current LTD AA pilot plan. The stories by some AA pilots on Long Term Disability (approximately 1000) are sobering.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Posts
    49
    Level
    11
    Points: 551, Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    live, eat well. MCD's will do that too you.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    62
    Level
    40
    Points: 4,022, Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/2
    Given: 2/2

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    How can AA increase capacity significantly ?

    They don’t have the pilots, they don’t have the aircraft and once their house-of-cards regional system starts faltering, they will LOSE capacity due to relinquished market share. The most perilous future resource are pilots, even more so then aircraft and compared to AA’s competitors, AA is hands down the least lucrative pilot employer with the worst pilot contract (STILL a “bankruptcy” contract) and a large retirement schedule that cannot likely be replaced at equal rate. Add to that a massive reliance on RJ’s which are even more risky then anything else and huge debt and AA could very well be set up for the perfect storm if timing is right and it IMO is shaping up that way.

    If you’re flowing to AA, live well within your means and save your cash. Don’t become intoxicated looking at yourself in that AA uniform or assume all will remain well based on the current view out the windshield. A LOT of red flags are out there for AA compared to their competitors.
    Wouldn’t you be better served posting all your AA pessimism on the American forum on APC for all the prospective AA new hires to read? Why are you not there trying to scare off all the guys on that board clamoring to get hired at AA? Seems that would be just as enjoyable for you as always trying to just scare people away from Envoy.

  6. #6
    Registered User DolphinsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    97
    Level
    22
    Points: 1,524, Level: 22
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/33
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by C140pilot View Post
    Wouldn’t you be better served posting all your AA pessimism on the American forum on APC for all the prospective AA new hires to read? Why are you not there trying to scare off all the guys on that board clamoring to get hired at AA? Seems that would be just as enjoyable for you as always trying to just scare people away from Envoy.
    It's because he's a f***king psycho that's why. What would think of someone at Envoy constantly on a chat board bashing their old flight school at which they instructed. Constantly trying to get people to stay away. Yet he was here at Envoy, for 20 plus years and now wants to pull up the ladder behind him. It's a mute point though because he just 65ed out.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,547
    Level
    55
    Points: 6,991, Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/11
    Given: 20/83

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by C140pilot View Post
    Wouldn’t you be better served posting all your AA pessimism on the American forum on APC for all the prospective AA new hires to read? Why are you not there trying to scare off all the guys on that board clamoring to get hired at AA? Seems that would be just as enjoyable for you as always trying to just scare people away from Envoy.
    Scaring people away from a Envoy ?

    Well gee............if that was my goal, considering the new-hire classes of late, it would seem I’ve failed, yes ?

    Regardless of what you think, that isn’t my goal. Besides, don’t you think it rather silly ANY pilot would base their employment decisions on what one person says on any pilot forum ? Are you really that stupid ? Not likely. Emotional and misguided, yes. Stupid, no.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,547
    Level
    55
    Points: 6,991, Level: 55
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/11
    Given: 20/83

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    It's because he's a f***king psycho that's why. What would think of someone at Envoy constantly on a chat board bashing their old flight school at which they instructed. Constantly trying to get people to stay away. Yet he was here at Envoy, for 20 plus years and now wants to pull up the ladder behind him. It's a mute point though because he just 65ed out.
    Now here we have stupid. When anger, delusion, paranoia and defending a con are mixed, one becomes stupid.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •