Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Ex eagle pilot Seeking advice

  1. #1
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    Ex eagle pilot Seeking advice


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I am an ex eagle guy. I resigned a few years back for personal/family matters. I was on leave at the time of my resignation and was told I had to return or would be terminated. Apparently leave was unsubstantiated? I was recently told that I am ineligible for rehire at envoy and I assume within AA company as a whole. I would like to return to a flying career but am concerned with reason for being ineligible and how that will play into future with another airline. Short back ground. Clear driving record. Busted oral on ATP. Retook and passed. Hold ATP and typed in 145. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    24
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,857, Level: 39
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Need more info on ya bud. But my quick judgement, try and get on with Spirit, frontier or endeavor.

  3. #3
    Registered User schmuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    557
    Level
    50
    Points: 6,060, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    I am an ex eagle guy. I resigned a few years back for personal/family matters. I was on leave at the time of my resignation and was told I had to return or would be terminated. Apparently leave was unsubstantiated? I was recently told that I am ineligible for rehire at envoy and I assume within AA company as a whole. I would like to return to a flying career but am concerned with reason for being ineligible and how that will play into future with another airline. Short back ground. Clear driving record. Busted oral on ATP. Retook and passed. Hold ATP and typed in 145. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    That is correct. AA or any WO carrier will be a no go.

  4. #4
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobs98tlr View Post
    Need more info on ya bud. But my quick judgement, try and get on with Spirit, frontier or endeavor.
    I am interested in Spirit or frontier. I am not current. Would a type in airbus help?

  5. #5
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    That is correct. AA or any WO carrier will be a no go.
    Am I innelgible because of resignation?

  6. #6
    Registered User schmuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    557
    Level
    50
    Points: 6,060, Level: 50
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    Am I innelgible because of resignation?
    If you are designated un-rehireable at any AAG carrier, then you are ineligible for employment at any AAG carrier. I'm obviously not fully familiar with all of the semantics of your situation so I don't know the details. But from talking to several of guys in recruiting here in the past, when your employment ends at Envoy, through resignation or termination, there is a box that they check on paperwork that goes into your file. The box is something along the lines of "Rehireable". If that box has a no checked, then that applies to all the AAG carriers going forward. If I were you, I'd seek clarification from recruiting.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    24
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,857, Level: 39
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    I am interested in Spirit or frontier. I am not current. Would a type in airbus help?
    Wouldn't hurt but I don't think you'd need it. Not sure what your resame looks like though. Get current than apply anywhere. Where do you live?

  8. #8
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobs98tlr View Post
    Wouldn't hurt but I don't think you'd need it. Not sure what your resame looks like though. Get current than apply anywhere. Where do you live?
    I'm near ORD. 3000 tt 2500 turbine. No turbine pic. Haven't flown in 4 years

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,442
    Level
    77
    Points: 14,268, Level: 77
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/33
    Given: 45/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Belizeme22 View Post
    I'm near ORD. 3000 tt 2500 turbine. No turbine pic. Haven't flown in 4 years
    Go jet street captain. Trans states street captain. Skywest. You'll go over with your years of service for pay and upgrade quick.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    16
    Level
    39
    Points: 3,913, Level: 39
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    No offense but I donít want someone who hasnít flown in 4 years being a street captain

  11. #11
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,220
    Level
    95
    Points: 24,909, Level: 95
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 556/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    you better find out if your resignation made it to anyone's desk and what they said, because if you are on leave and told to return or be terminated, sending your resignation in instead is iffy. Spirit, Frontier and allegiant, go there and no one cares about the rest if you move on from there.

    question to all, after leaving do we have any rights to our personal file and what is in the company records, to get copies?
    Sir, can I have another.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    33
    Level
    13
    Points: 667, Level: 13
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotman520 View Post
    No offense but I donít want someone who hasnít flown in 4 years being a street captain
    Agree. And the Ďpilotí who suggests it like itís no big deal, shame on you.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    477
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,182, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 73/17
    Given: 71/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotman520 View Post
    No offense but I donít want someone who hasnít flown in 4 years being a street captain
    I don't want 90% of the experienced FOs I fly with being captains.

  14. #14
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
    I don't want 90% of the experienced FOs I fly with being captains.
    Im satisfied with right seat. No problems with that.

  15. #15
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    6
    Level
    1
    Points: 88, Level: 1
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    you better find out if your resignation made it to anyone's desk and what they said, because if you are on leave and told to return or be terminated, sending your resignation in instead is iffy. Spirit, Frontier and allegiant, go there and no one cares about the rest if you move on from there.

    question to all, after leaving do we have any rights to our personal file and what is in the company records, to get copies?
    I would like to see my file. Was told by some, close with others in union, that had I not resigned and let them terminate, I would have gotten my job back.
    Several of my immediate family members were in auto accident and loss of life occurred and I was simply not fit for duty at that time. Now, you would think the company would extend condolences and give me all the time I needed? No. So now ineligible. I can tell you this, I may not have been the perfect employee, but when I worked in that airplane I was 110% every time and any captain I flew with will agree with that.
    Last edited by Belizeme22; 01-01-2018 at 10:08 AM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    109
    Level
    16
    Points: 911, Level: 16
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Itís damn near impossible to be a perfect employee here and keep you home life in line. Iím always skirting attendance discipline actions so I can have more time at home. Not bc I donít wanna Work, but bc I want to keep my wife and kids happy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •