Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/2
    Given: 24/19

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Until flow is NOT metered, it is being hindered. The contract states that the company can meter flow for staffing reasons - a caveat that was extremely poorly defined by the MEC at the time. Thus, more planes = harder to staff the airline. You can scream "FLOW! FLOW! FLOW!" at the top of your lungs as much as you like, but until metering stops, it will continue to hobble along and slow the advancement of pilots' careers while they stay at Envoy.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

^^^dis guy gets it. *

*the overall reason it’s bullshevic, not sex. *

*my jokes suck
    Last edited by Pinkvisual; 10-31-2017 at 05:10 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Already rumors of NEW 4-5 month delays on flowing. I will attempt to ask the MEC of anything they know or can share next week at the MEC Meeting.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by stillageek View Post
    Already rumors of NEW 4-5 month delays on flowing. I will attempt to ask the MEC of anything they know or can share next week at the MEC Meeting.
    What the heck is up with hiring over at AA if that's the case??

Company
    Rebel alliance
    Base
    Hoth
    Job
    Push pull bang blow
    A/C Flown
    Falcon..xwing...and ac with the fish looking guy
    Divorces
    Is this really a question
    Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Picking only 13 after skipping 2 two months.....its like watching paint dry

Level
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 61/1
    Given: 23/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
    What the heck is up with hiring over at AA if that's the case??
    900 next year, at least, that's what they have claimed to be their target.

Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Sounds like a "potential" solution to this would be to revisit the flow language and rewind to some of the details that were included in the original Letter 3 supplement W.
    If all parties would agree to a seniority number on the AA list that begins on a certain date, withholding or delaying one's transfer would become less of an issue and easier to swallow for those affected.
    The original agreement called for a two year lock in the Captain's seat upon completion of IOE. During the lock, seniority was being accrued for bidding, and vacation.
    Not saying that the two year lock language would be applicable this time around, I was just using it as an example.
    I think the biggest hurdle would be getting APA to sign off on this.
    Not sure why the Union leadership didn't attempt to include this when working on the "fix" that included the 824 and protected pilots.
    Just a thought.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 196/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Sounds like a "potential" solution to this would be to revisit the flow language and rewind to some of the details that were included in the original Letter 3 supplement W.
    If all parties would agree to a seniority number on the AA list that begins on a certain date, withholding or delaying one's transfer would become less of an issue and easier to swallow for those affected.
    The original agreement called for a two year lock in the Captain's seat upon completion of IOE. During the lock, seniority was being accrued for bidding, and vacation.
    Not saying that the two year lock language would be applicable this time around, I was just using it as an example.
    I think the biggest hurdle would be getting APA to sign off on this.
    Not sure why the Union leadership didn't attempt to include this when working on the "fix" that included the 824 and protected pilots.
    Just a thought.
    IMO, AAG management probably doesn’t want to return to the old problems of Letter 3, but even if they did APA and especially AA pilots would have no interest in solving Parker’s self-induced regional conundrum considering how they have and continue to get the shaft in compensation, other contractual provisions and treatment relative to their peers.

“Culture change” has proven to have been a farce and so absent massive changes at AA in regards to the pilots, any assistance solving any problems of management is IMO, a non-starter, so yes that is for all intents and purposes, the gauntlet. If only the culture had indeed been changed, who knows what could have been accomplished ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 11-01-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

If you delay a month of pay in year one Your actually missing out on a month of 777 captain pay just before you retire. I vote not to delay my flow for anything less than 20k a month

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by BOHICA View Post
    900 next year, at least, that's what they have claimed to be their target.
    That's what I've heard too, I'm curious what the delays would be, regarding what the above poster said.

Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

But we have flow....flow hasn't stopped......heard that from someone.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/0
    Given: 6/5

Ignore User

From VP of Operations:
    All of this, coupled with hiring projections of about 900 pilots next year makes for some positive growth for many of you.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Did he define growth?

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/0
    Given: 6/5

Ignore User

Network Planning Update from Chuck Schubert

A Message from Chuck Schubert, Vice President, Operations & Crew Performance

When I last wrote to you in June regarding the October vacancy bid, I shared upcoming changes from our Network Planning team, in particular how they plan to deploy aircraft and likely impacts for pilot basing. As an example, in June we talked about how we expected to see an increase in B787 flying for ORD and LAX and a decrease at DFW, along with upcoming retirements of the B767-300ER that would reduce system wide flying on that aircraft by about 30% next summer. The point of sharing all of it was to be true to a commitment I made to you to provide as much information regarding fleet changes and associated pilot basing decisions as early as possible.

In that same vein of transparency, what follows is fleet-specific context around what you will see with the March 2018 vacancy bid, our first multi-month vacancy bid, posted today. Our crew basing is driven primarily by three changes: fleet simplification by hub (or isolating certain fleet types to certain hubs to improve reliability); retirements of the MD80 and B767 fleets; and deliveries of B787 and B737 aircraft. All of this, coupled with hiring projections of about 900 pilots next year makes for some positive growth for many of you.

Here’s what you’ll see in today’s vacancy bid, consistent with prior information we’ve shared.

B757/767 – The B767 bid status for CLT and ORD will close effective with the March 2018 vacancy bid. We don’t anticipate the overall size of the CLT or ORD bases to change, however. There is more than enough opportunity with the remaining schedule or growth on other fleet types to absorb these smaller bid statuses, should pilots desire. But the level of flying on the B757/767 in each of these hubs has diminished to the point that we simply can no longer support the B767 bid status. As we continue to reduce the level of B767 flying in the coming months, we’ll likely continue to see reductions in DFW, MIA and LGA, as well. PHL meanwhile will grow as more flying moves in to support new markets like Budapest and Prague.
    A330 – Expect levels of flying on this fleet to remain stable through summer 2018 with CLT and PHL as primary A330 hubs.
    B777 – Overall, flying levels will continue to grow slightly into next summer. We anticipate about a 10% increase in overall flying versus summer 2017, with DFW growing the most, small growth in MIA and significant reductions in LAX and ORD.
    B787 – Given the delivery of eight new B787s by this time next year, you guessed it – this is the fleet with the most flying growth. The level of flying should increase by about 25% year-over-year in LAX and ORD. In fact, based on the information we have from Network Planning, we expect the B787 to be the sole widebody aircraft in ORD by next summer.
    A320 – We took delivery of our last classic A320 aircraft in September. As a result, levels of flying at crew bases and the structure of those bases should remain stable through 2018. A320 NEO deliveries are scheduled to begin in 2019.
    B737 – With B737 flying growing somewhat, and the B737 MAX8 deliveries fueling that growth, we don’t anticipate material changes to the structure or size of our existing bases.
    S80 – This fleet, a workhorse for us since the ‘80s, is well on its way to retirement. At the end of last year, we had about 60 planes in our fleet. Today, that number is closer to 45 and by the end of summer 2018 the fleet plan shows 25 will remain. As a result, levels of flying and staffing in both DFW and STL will continue to shrink. Some of those changes are foreshadowed in the vacancy bid outlook.

Job
    2.5-3 Star Hotel Connoisseur
    A/C Flown
    Voyager of the Seas
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/1
    Given: 50/2

Ignore User

Sauce?

Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/18
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by cousin eddie View Post
    sauce?
    bbq

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    bbq
    If ever you get a long EVV overnight, there is a killer BBQ join just behind the hotel in that strip mall area. I think its called like "Shylers".

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

If you ever get a job at Envoy, there's good chance you're career progression is killed by this group called the "Shysters"

Registered User No Tuna In Cockpit's Avatar
    Job
    Button Pusher
    Level
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/2
    Given: 24/19

Ignore User

Although delays to flow have plagued career advancement this year especially, there is little evidence to substantiate this rumor. Given the number of new hires AA is projecting next year, and the number of pilots AA is going to need over the next 10-15 years, they cannot afford to cancel and/or not hold classes certain months the way they have been doing. Now I am just as upset as anyone else at Envoy given the flow delays we've had this year and the tens of thousands of dollars I've lost as a result of it, but I really find it hard to believe that there will be a 4-5 month hiatus on flow at any point in the near future.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/6
    Given: 2/1

Ignore User

Talked to several AA crews and based on what was forecasted this time of year and the fact they had backup in training to get instructors through ..none of what we are seeing surprises me. It really doesnÂ’t phase me. People get their panties in a wad over minor stuff.

Thread Information