Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/11
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I’ll bet many of their trips don’t do that anymore. Much of SWA’s Domestic footprint isn’t all that different from AA’s and they’re seriously ramping up their Caribbean flying. Besides, AA is littered with crap trips that start early and finish late, more backside flying and red-eye’s. Total compensation is better for narrow body too, last I figured.
    More BS from the BS artist extraordinaire. Seriously, you are bashing AA where you supposedly work making Southwest sound like the be all end all. What a bunch of BS. You're doing it though just to try to keep poking Envoy in the eye trying to sell new guys on your load. They ain't buying I can tell you.

As for Southwest, like the other guy said, 5 legs a day hopping around to Midland, Lubbock and the like is just glorified regional flying.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameInSky View Post
    As for Southwest, like the other guy said, 5 legs a day hopping around to Midland, Lubbock and the like is just glorified regional flying.
    I checked, I’ve done three 5-leg days since I was hired in July 2016, and 2 of them were during IOE on the -300 (Texas Two Step).

So your statement is vastly over exaggerated at best.
    Last edited by RobertRoss; 11-01-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/11

Ignore User

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I checked, I’ve done three 5-leg days since I was hired in July 2016, and 2 of them were during IOE on the -300 (Texas Two Step).

So your statement is vastly over exaggerated at best.

It's a little disingenuous for you to come on here "selling" Southwest. Everybody here has flow now and maybe you were a lost decader or something else prodded you to move. In every aspect AA blows Southwest away. I don't know what you are trying to sell other than thinking you made a bad decision leaving the flow.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

It's a little disingenuous for you to come on here "selling" Southwest. Everybody here has flow now and maybe you were a lost decader or something else prodded you to move. In every aspect AA blows Southwest away. I don't know what you are trying to sell other than thinking you made a bad decision leaving the flow.
    Ok, sure, whatever floats your boat there chief.

Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Nobody's selling anything here except for you and your circle jerk buddies beating the flow drum.
    I find it funny when other folks who moved on to greener pastures elsewhere share how things are that one of you three has to jump in and tell them what a huge mistake it was for them NOT to wait for their number to flow.
    Can't you see that if more people like him that are senior to you don't wait for the flow that you'll get there quicker?
    I think you're just pissed because you were called out on your inaccurate statement about flying at SWA.
    Last edited by Sirsnacksalot; 11-01-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 196/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

More BS from the BS artist extraordinaire. Seriously, you are bashing AA where you supposedly work making Southwest sound like the be all end all. What a bunch of BS. You're doing it though just to try to keep poking Envoy in the eye trying to sell new guys on your load. They ain't buying I can tell you.

I’m confident it is you that is the BS artist. You claim to know more about Southwest then someone who actually works there again using that reverse argument about those discussing Envoy. BTW, you don’t work at AA either, so take your own advice and clam up Smokey.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 196/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

You OWN disingenuousness as someone who claims to know realities at Airlines you don’t work for while simultaneously criticizing others for the same thing about Envoy. As for “selling” anything, he just responded to another with direct experience and facts as opposed to you, yourself and I doing nothing but peddling inflated, embellished, inaccurate, fabricated and assumed BS about Envoy.

The three of you (whether you all exist inside one head or not), are the joke and virtually everyone is laughing at you, not with you.

Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/0
    Given: 6/5

Ignore User

Hey flamer, maybe the guy likes where he works. You should quit drinking out the other company guys cup.

Job
    Right Seat Humor Expert
    A/C Flown
    N401UA, N402UA, N403UA, etc. etc. etc.
    Divorces
    Envoy, 2014, Irreconcilable Differences
    Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 25/2
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

In every aspect AA blows Southwest away.
    Like the thousands of pilots AA furloughed last decade compared to SWA's piddly zero?

Or the fuel hedges AA sold to SWA before prices skyrocketed?

Or perhaps you are referring to the billions of dollars of losses and BK at AA that SWA couldn't hold a candle to.

See also the happy employees at SWA that go above and beyond for their company. That kind of contentment doesn't exist beyond dacuj's cubicle at ENY...
    Last edited by 11yrpay-WentToUA; 11-02-2017 at 12:08 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

are they hiring a lot?
    is there still a PIC requirement?
    what about that argument you hear about a young pilot group and slow progression in the list?

would be helpful to hear from someone who is actually there.

Also any truth to the FLL base rumors?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NO-GO-AROUND View Post
    are they hiring a lot?
    what about that argument you hear about a young pilot group and slow progression in the list?

They say their hiring is only limited by their training capacity. Ie if they could train the pilots, they would hire more. They have been moving into their new training facility for the last few months. I believe they are in the process of moving Sims 9 & 10 over there. When I was hired, we only had 10 Sims. This facility gives us the space to expand to 18 Sims. All that said, there have been 976 pilots added to the seniority list junior to me since August 3rd 2016. So yes, they are hiring a lot, and I expect it to increase going forward.

I don’t recall the PIC requirement. They either eliminated it or lowered it to 500 hours. That said, according to the CPO, the guys getting called with less than 1000 TPIC are relatively close with approximately 900 TPIC.

I don’t really know what “slow progression” is. Mine has been much faster here than it ever was at Eagle. I was an 11 year AE pilot that upgraded in 8 years. I’m 10% up the full list and 20% up the DAL FO list. That said, SWA’s pilot group is growing, not shrinking. We crossed 9000 pilots this week and had about 8700 when I was hired. My thought is that it doesn’t matter how many retire off the top if they are not all being replaced. Today I sit at 8050.

FLL is growing. Not sure if it will be a base or not. They did make it a MX base. They just opened another terminal in FLL and continue to do more and more Carabien and International out of FLL. New base rumors seem to be a constant. I’ve heard FLL, LAX, STL, MCI rumored as our next base.
    Last edited by RobertRoss; 11-02-2017 at 03:45 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 544/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

New base rumors seem to be a constant. I’ve heard FLL, LAX, STL, MCI rumored as our next base.

sorry for asking, but which airline we talking about exactly?
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Swa

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by RobertRoss View Post
    Swa
    Thanks for the info.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 544/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

thanks, for a second thought we were sounding like psa.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/5

Ignore User

While I don’t work at SWA, I would have to say AA would be the lesser choice. Horrible company in both product and employee satisfaction. Only difference you'll see from Envoy to AA is money. Many friends flowed over only to tell me outside of the money it is the same exact abusive bs.

I wouldn’t be beating that AA drum too loud.
    Last edited by Standby4life; 11-07-2017 at 04:09 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Guys, it’s very simple. Not every pilot will flow to American. Some will go to delta etc. everyone will be hiring like gangbusters sooner than later. If dolphin, flame, etc can convince us it’s not worth sharing how great it is at any other place than American then they win. It would slow down the joy joy attitude and cause a higher percentage of people to wait for the flow. Thereby keeping envoy bigger or reducing the hiring strain. It’s in their best(hired) interest to cut conversations such as this short. In short, Your all haters, flow flow flow

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NO-GO-AROUND View Post
    are they hiring a lot?

Better information from one of our Flight Ops Briefs.

“This year Southwest set Pilot hiring records, completely shattering anything we have previously accomplished. Following this week’s Pilot Decision Committee, we will have exceeded our hiring quota for 2017. The target was to hire 886 Pilots, but because we were able to fill some slots that were held back for requals, we are actually running about 15 Pilots ahead of the program. We should finish the year hiring slightly over 900 Pilots.

So far this year, we have conducted 1,391 interviews and still have 176 to go in November and December. Those interviews will go toward 2018 hiring quota of 750.

Attrition numbers are down from 2016. We’ve had 71 Pilots “self-eject” from the hiring process so far this year; this is down from 106 in 2016. A “self-eject” is a Pilot who is selected through Pilot Decision Committee and is offered a class but declines. They do not use a training slot, but our Team must generate an additional interview to fill the vacant slot. Additionally, we lost 32 Pilots who were hired in 2017 but left during their probationary year. In this market, it would be unrealistic to have zero attrition, but the trend is moving in a positive direction since last year when we lost 72 Pilots.”

Thread Information