Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: The Flow...

  1. #1
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,062
    Level
    100
    Points: 74,942, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    The Flow...


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    A view from the Protected Pilots flowing to AA.

    Its 11+ years right now. Not 7, not 5, not 10, but over 11 years.

    Currently the flow is at 11 years. It is projected to reduce to 5 years.

    Past performance is no guarantee of future performance and it is important to realize that actual flow times may differ from the projections from statements made by any recruiter. The presentation of flow times set forth in any statement does not reflect the actual flow times of any individual. Changes in hiring and/or fleet structures of American Airlines, any of it's wholly owned subsidiaries, vendors (current or future), national or international geopolitical/economic events may reduce or substantially increase any individuals flow times.
    “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.”

  2. #2
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,553, Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    -2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Oh wow. Nootpilot. The dumbest of the dumb. Yet another cut and paste from another post topic that fails to make sense.

  3. #3
    Newbie Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5
    Level
    41
    Points: 4,184, Level: 41
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Why would a pilot hired today care what the flow is for someone hired in 2006?

  4. #4
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,934
    Level
    100
    Points: 30,152, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    why would a pilot hired in 2006 care what the new hire thinks, just asking.
    Sir, can I have another.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    562
    Level
    53
    Points: 6,567, Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Is current flow 11+ years? Yes. Will the flow get down to 5 years? Yes. A small group of pilots on our seniority list will see a 5 year flow. Unfortunately, it's a small group of guys that will see 5 years before it starts ballooning back up. Dacuj is the only one still selling a 5 year flow. I've talked to 2 different Envoy recruiters. Even the recruiting department is not selling a 5 year flow to prospects. They are telling the truth, that projected flow for someone hired TODAY is over 8 years. Unless you were hired middle of last year, you will not see a 5 year flow.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    122
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,055, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    14/15/early 16 guys will see 5/6 year flow. That’s it, unless they decide to not meter.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    247
    Level
    49
    Points: 5,912, Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DilsonWic View Post
    14/15/early 16 guys will see 5/6 year flow. That’s it, unless they decide to NOT METER.
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    522
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,408, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    why would a pilot hired in 2006 care what the new hire thinks, just asking.
    HAHAHAHAHA well... this wins this thread

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,953
    Level
    71
    Points: 11,974, Level: 71
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankth3tank View Post
    Why would a pilot hired today care what the flow is for someone hired in 2006?
    Why ?

    Because maybe.........just maybe, the validity of your flow to AA should be judged against not only what those before you were promised, but more importantly, what some here promise now when muddying the water between reality and a “projection”. Many of those in the past sat before someone that represented to them they would be at AA in 6 years or less and here they sit 11 or more years later. Likewise, certain nefarious characters here are perpetuating an old myth that has paid off in the past representing a projection as money in the bank, when reality and past history prove such a representation is nothing more then a promissory note akin to an uncashed check associated with an IOU. When looking at the past and how past promissory notes from the same source eventually were paid from a timing standpoint, it should be of serious concern to a pilot hired today what happened to those before them, IMO.

    To think or assume the past has no chance of repeating itself is a fool’s errand. From my POV, all indications point to that occurring more likely as opposed to not. Although certain grifters here bust their humps to get you to stop looking and thinking and just buy their schtick, I think you’d be wise to get all opinions and use them to think for yourself. Just my .02..........
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 10-16-2017 at 08:34 PM.

  10. #10
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    240
    Level
    42
    Points: 4,495, Level: 42
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    Is current flow 11+ years? Yes. Will the flow get down to 5 years? Yes. A small group of pilots on our seniority list will see a 5 year flow. Unfortunately, it's a small group of guys that will see 5 years before it starts ballooning back up. Dacuj is the only one still selling a 5 year flow. I've talked to 2 different Envoy recruiters. Even the recruiting department is not selling a 5 year flow to prospects. They are telling the truth, that projected flow for someone hired TODAY is over 8 years. Unless you were hired middle of last year, you will not see a 5 year flow.
    I’ve got some buddies in Recruiting and they were b*tching that the only people quoting 5 year flow are trolls online. I snickered.

  11. #11
    Registered User NoOtPilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,062
    Level
    100
    Points: 74,942, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well Dacuj that make us both the "DUMBEST OF THE DUMB." At lest I am not alone. Welcome to my club. 8 years flow...that is a looooooong time. Almost a decade....

    😂😂😂😂😂

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    644
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,125, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Well,it's been confirmed by an acquaintance of mine that recently interviewed and two recruiters that the 5 year flow not only isn't possible for someone hired today with the current hiring and attrition figures, but also is no longer one of the talking points in the morning brief for the folks interviewing. The flow is being mentioned, but in a realistic manner.
    Without something else such as pay rates acrosss the board and QOL improvements I believe that not only will the new hire numbers begin to decline, but we'll see FO's leaving for what appears to be greener pastures at other carriers.
    What do you have left Cuj now that the drum you've been beating no longer exists?

  13. #13
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,553, Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Well Dacuj that make us both the "DUMBEST OF THE DUMB." At lest I am not alone. Welcome to my club. 8 years flow...that is a looooooong time. Almost a decade....

    
    Let me try and put it in language that even YOU should understand. When they were passing out brains, you thought they said trains and caught the 5pm to town.

  14. #14
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,553, Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsnacksalot View Post
    Well,it's been confirmed by an acquaintance of mine that recently interviewed and two recruiters that the 5 year flow not only isn't possible for someone hired today with the current hiring and attrition figures, but also is no longer one of the talking points in the morning brief for the folks interviewing. The flow is being mentioned, but in a realistic manner.
    Without something else such as pay rates acrosss the board and QOL improvements I believe that not only will the new hire numbers begin to decline, but we'll see FO's leaving for what appears to be greener pastures at other carriers.
    What do you have left Cuj now that the drum you've been beating no longer exists?
    Yes, I'm sure a new hire in indoc is capable of filling you on the current status of Envoy. Got it.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    371
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,376, Level: 47
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/2
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Yes, I'm sure a new hire in indoc is capable of filling you on the current status of Envoy. Got it.
    You mean the forced upgrade new hires that are going to talk with their feet and go somewhere that won't force them to commute to LGA on infinite reserve?

  16. #16
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,553, Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
    You mean the forced upgrade new hires that are going to talk with their feet and go somewhere that won't force them to commute to LGA on infinite reserve?
    That's where you are wrong my friend. No one. In their right mind anyway, is going to walk away from a job at American Airlines.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    644
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,125, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Yes, I'm sure a new hire in indoc is capable of filling you on the current status of Envoy. Got it.
    Your comprehension skills suck.
    It's pretty obvious that you've got nothing.
    Keep it up. You're entertaining if nothing else.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    371
    Level
    47
    Points: 5,376, Level: 47
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 19/2
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    That's where you are wrong my friend. No one. In their right mind anyway, is going to walk away from a job at American Airlines.
    Keep on trollin' 😎 You're doing great.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    644
    Level
    67
    Points: 10,125, Level: 67
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
    Keep on trollin' 😎 You're doing great.
    Must be a slow day at the office.

  20. #20
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    931
    Level
    82
    Points: 16,553, Level: 82
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    On APC a poster stated:

    I came for the flow, the way I look at it a few years of trench work is ok compared to a possible long career at AA.


    ​^^^This guy TOTALLY gets it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •