Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/109
    Given: 0/3

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by DilsonWic View Post
    As a guy staring at RSV in face until the day I flow or United calls, this is a big fat NO from me.
    You guys love to get on here and bellyache and talk about how horrible things are. Then when your union and company graciously offer improvements you bitch about how horrible it is. Find another career field and get the hell off property then you bunch of loudmouths.

Level
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/109
    Given: 0/3

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    Because management doesn't know how to run an airline......
    Oh I'm sure if we put wiz in charge things will be hunky dory. All flights on time, highest paid least working pilots. Just complete utopia.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I'm at the bottom of the reserve list now after upgrading and, I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm having trouble seeing how this isn't an improvement over the status quo. Is it everything that I'd hoped for? No, it's not. Is it a step in the right direction and a way to ease the burden of reserve, yeah, it is. You can all be rah rah no, screw the company, blah blah, but this seems to be better than status quo to me.

And before you try lumping me in with the fanboys that are management stooges, I am not one of those, and my posts reflect that.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post
    I'm at the bottom of the reserve list now after upgrading and, I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I'm having trouble seeing how this isn't an improvement over the status quo. Is it everything that I'd hoped for? No, it's not. Is it a step in the right direction and a way to ease the burden of reserve, yeah, it is. You can all be rah rah no, screw the company, blah blah, but this seems to be better than status quo to me.

And before you try lumping me in with the fanboys that are management stooges, I am not one of those, and my posts reflect that.
    I'm not going to add any more cuz I don't want to do any public negotiating. I'm with you on this though.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Oh I'm sure if we put wiz in charge things will be hunky dory. All flights on time, highest paid least working pilots. Just complete utopia.
    Then please explain to me how many other airlines can run an efficient airline with little to no ready reserve?

Newbie Member
    Level
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    Then please explain to me how many other airlines can run an efficient airline with little to no ready reserve?
    It's called PBS. PBS uses the pilot group more efficiently, leading to less pilots on reserve. That said, everything else that comes with it is a negative for the pilot group.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0

Ignore User

Fan boy!!!!!1 haha, I kid, I kid. copycopy is good people.

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by 10yrupgrade View Post
    It's called PBS. PBS uses the pilot group more efficiently, leading to less pilots on reserve. That said, everything else that comes with it is a negative for the pilot group.
    The belief PBS automatically leads to less pilots on reserve is a myth. PBS does produce more efficiency, but that does not necessarily translate to a benefit to pilots. In certain hands, PBS has only allowed pilots to be scheduled for more flying hours to improve productivity for a company within regulatory and staffing constraints and so the same percentage of pilots are on reserve, just all pilots are working more. Given these realities, it's not difficult to understand why a carrier wants PBS. Some would say it's important to "seed" the situation prior to PBS by ensuring reserve work rules are better suited to this system and so it's conceivable that what might look like some improvements to a reserve system is really just an unrecognized prepping for a more onerous result that wasn't recognized at initial implementation.

At any rate, IMO considering just who is presently wrapping gifts for others on behalf of this pilot group and considering the past results of gift giving by your local Santa Claus, it would be of no surprise to me if you were being set up to be rolled yet again.

Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0

Ignore User

You guys love to get on here and bellyache and talk about how horrible things are. Then when your union and company graciously offer improvements you bitch about how horrible it is. Find another career field and get the hell off property then you bunch of loudmouths.
    Love you too!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 27/7
    Given: 4/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by 10yrupgrade View Post
    If you look around your crew room you will see that some of your coworkers that are on the PBS system do sit stand by at the airport.
    PBS IS NOT, what you all think it is, it all depends how is run.

I tend to agree with some of you, its not a vast great improvement,but having been on rsv for over 2 years, this is an improvement. You can still vote no and force "a last best offer".

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/18
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

The language in the LOA is very loose. CS will find the many loopholes and bend us over even more. Tighten up the weak language that we've been abused by for the last X amount of years then I'll consider voting yes.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

One must read this LOA with a company mindset and with the intentions of management and crew scheduling. They interpret the language drastically different then we do as pilots.....
    Like a poster above we must look at all the ways they can interpret the LOA in their favor. Anyone that has been here longer then 3+ years should know how this company operates and interprets black and white contract language. Nothing is done to benefit us pilots, it is always to benefit the company. Proceed with caution.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I've already emailed my rep with 36 "what ifs" including 15 loop holes with weak language. Their response basically was "that'll never happen" (but can't tell me what happens if it DOES happen) or "CS agreed to not do that" (but can't provide details on who said it, if it's in writing, ETC)

Whoever is writing the contract language is bad at their job. No matter how "black and white" the language is, we, the pilots, always get screwed. Stick with the known reserve rules instead of opening up a new can of worms.

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/30

Ignore User

Let's see what the outcome of this vote is. My bet is that it's 85-90% in favor. That....right there.....justifies that 10% of this pilot group resides here and is unwilling to find anything good about this company.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    Let's see what the outcome of this vote is. My bet is that it's 85-90% in favor. That....right there.....justifies that 10% of this pilot group resides here and is unwilling to find anything good about this company.
    Almost every CRJ CA on RSV is a no vote. All the FOs I've talked with on RSV on various equipment are no's as well. I think it'll pass but not by 85%.

Level
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 73/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

I will be a no vote (145 reserve CA)

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/30

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
    I will be a no vote (145 reserve CA)
    Not much to say here. Another idiot.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    I've already emailed my rep with 36 "what ifs" including 15 loop holes with weak language. Their response basically was "that'll never happen" (but can't tell me what happens if it DOES happen) or "CS agreed to not do that" (but can't provide details on who said it, if it's in writing, ETC)
    "That'll never happen" and verbal agreements that are not reflected clearly in contract languages are but two milestones of the past that are the foundations of the ills that befall present day Envoy pilots. If what you say is correct, clearly your leadership has lost itself in a world of fantasy and is oblivious of the past of what the MAJOR flaws in philosophy and execution and thus the pilot group here is doomed to a future of repeating that past. Is this a result of abject stupidity or is another component also in play this time such as ability to leave Envoy behind ASAP via the flow ?

IF these are indeed the answers you are getting, I think the pilot group as a whole must demand an answer as to why the Association leadership is hell bent on repeating the mistakes of the past expecting different results.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    LOL !

Regardless of whether it passes or not, this is the perfect straw man argument. You make a baseless proclamation and then unilaterally declare that which you have concluded to be true to be reality and then based on that make a judgment against that which you are antagonistic toward (other pilots who don't drink the Kool-Aid you swill).

Classic bad wiring, but I love it !

Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Level
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down