Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by E175ERAUDriver View Post
    It is in a way. That barbie jet can't compare enough to the baby bus.
    My prior fleet types had propellers, so the ice cycles the 145 blows in my face is pretty neat in the summer. Now, get off my lawn...

Now I sound like Command.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by E175ERAUDriver View Post
    It is in a way. That barbie jet can't compare enough to the baby bus.
    You're kidding, right? Can't compare how? Is there a pay difference that I'm unaware of? Does the 175 make your penis grow? What am I missing?

Company
    Grumpy Old Captain
    Base
    GSW
    Job
    Zombies
    A/C Flown
    Instructor / Check Airman
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/11

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by xpanterica View Post
    My prior fleet types had propellers, so the ice cycles the 145 blows in my face is pretty neat in the summer. Now, get off my lawn...

Now I sound like Command.
    There is hope for you yet :-)

Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Level
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by copycopy View Post
    You're kidding, right? Can't compare how? Is there a pay difference that I'm unaware of? Does the 175 make your penis grow? What am I missing?

The 145 is very outdated, come on bro, 1990's technology. The E175 gives you an advantage when you transition to the E190 or the Airbus at least.
    Last edited by E175ERAUDriver; 09-18-2017 at 07:40 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0

Ignore User

First off, anyone who is hired now isn't going to the 190, it's leaving the AA fleet. Secondly, considering there is a good chance they'll upgrade to the 145 or 700 (due to many lifers in the left seat of the 175), wouldn't it be more prudent to worry about right to left seat transition first rather than envoy to AA? And are we also saying that the group coming in is incapable of learning a new plane with different systems or technology more than once in the airline world?

Please... the similar tech argument Is laughable. You just see those under wing engines and the shimmer of a new plane and get excited. I've got no problem with that, it's good to be excited about your job, but to act as though you're getting shafted be being put into a different fleet is ridiculous.

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/30

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    So the CRJ and 145 aren't the "high tech" birds you claimed yesterday ? More mirth......more embarrassment.
    What a way to add to the conversation you negative, self pitying sad sack.

Level
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

Rumor: but I am hearing the company will go to 30 on a sign on bonus. It sure would be nice if everyone got a slice of the pie.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 197/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinsFan View Post
    What a way to add to the conversation you negative, self pitying sad sack.
    What a pathetically biased and ignorant observation, sewer spray.

He claimed Envoy was flying "state of the art jetliners" in opposition to "antiquated" turboprops (completely oblivious to actual technology only apparently propulsion as the still in production ATR has all the tech of an RJ) and then belittles the apparent inferiority of the E145 in a subsequent post. That's one of the major problems with you stooges - irrational contradiction. When you clowns at least start making some sense, perhaps others will overlook your other embarrassing traits a bit more.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 73/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

New hire gonna make more than captain pay. Maybe I'll go back to FO for the pay raise

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkvisual View Post
    Rumor: but I am hearing the company will go to 30 on a sign on bonus. It sure would be nice if everyone got a slice of the pie.
    Not likely. Again, no need to throw good bait away at fish already hooked and in the cooler. These new-hire lures are for the company, NOT the pilots. Besides, I'll bet they are saving some of that $$$ outlay by the various contract provisions being disregarded claimed by line pilots.

Company
    o boy
    Job
    Buttonpusherknobtwisterlevermover
    Level
    Achievements:
    Created Album picturesVeteran5000 Experience PointsTagger Second Class
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/0
    Given: 67/5

Ignore User

New new-hire sign on bonus of $50,000 with a pay cut for any captains over step 5. 👌

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
    New hire gonna make more than captain pay. Maybe I'll go back to FO for the pay raise
    Envoy pilots lack two critical concepts. A functional union and by having one, an valid seniority system. Airline managements have for decades been trying to erode the influence of organized labor unions and the concept of seniority and Envoy is fast becoming the industry model on how to pacify a theoretically unionized pilot group into flaccid non-existence. Since the foundation of that is the flow, that wont change anytime soon. Thus, expect an endless sentence of simply tolerating this situation until your parole date..........or when the new-hires run out, whichever comes first.

Good Luck.

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/30

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Envoy pilots lack two critical concepts. A functional union and by having one, an valid seniority system. Airline managements have for decades been trying to erode the influence of organized labor unions and the concept of seniority and Envoy is fast becoming the industry model on how to pacify a theoretically unionized pilot group into flaccid non-existence. Since the foundation of that is the flow, that wont change anytime soon. Thus, expect an endless sentence of simply tolerating this situation until your parole date..........or when the new-hires run out, whichever comes first.

Good Luck.
    I like the word underlined above. It fits you. Your arguments are always FLACCID.

It's pretty obvious to the rest of us that the pipeline guys have been getting the shaft, it's been fixed with this new seniority award system on day one and that's really all that was noted. You then come in here bloviating and blustering about the f***ing union, how Envoy pilots roll over on command and plenty other regurgitated BS that you constantly spew. It's like an employee hired to be an architect at an architectural firm that has NO knowledge of architecture. To protect themselves, they come in day one kicking up a bunch of dust, finding problems, etc. to deflect attention away from the fact that they don't know anything about architecture.

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 547/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

you mean the flow does not attract new hires, flow being used as a jail sentence to keep the pilot on property to suffer under lousy management and qol issues until flowing. i believe this outcome was explained years ago to be expected. pilots at envoy a bailing from both seats and not waiting to flow to aa, the number 4 airline in a group of 3.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I like the word underlined above. It fits you. Your arguments are always FLACCID.
    It is of little surprise you like my choice of adjective in this case as you appear usually bankrupt of originality and frequently choose to parrot and piggyback others. As stated previously, I don't consider my opinions here based on your validation or approval of marine life such as yourself as that is a patently worthless standard.

[/B]It's pretty obvious to the rest of us that the pipeline guys have been getting the shaft, it's been fixed with this new seniority award system on day one and that's really all that was noted. You then come in here bloviating and blustering about the f***ing union, how Envoy pilots roll over on command and plenty other regurgitated BS that you constantly spew. It's like an employee hired to be an architect at an architectural firm that has NO knowledge of architecture. To protect themselves, they come in day one kicking up a bunch of dust, finding problems, etc. to deflect attention away from the fact that they don't know anything about architecture.
    Spoken like someone who repeatedly demonstrates the inability to draw a simple box and connect the start and finish points. It's not surprising you twist yourself into pretzel over my comments as 95% of them go sailing right over your blowhole; to wit, my point about seniority wasn't about pipeline pilots per se, but about the concept of paying junior pilots (especially new-hires) more then senior one absent working additional hours for that pay and the ethical bankruptcy of a so-called union leadership that would allow such a thing. Again, it's of little surprise why they do that. You've been spending too much time on the surface getting too much sun and blowing a lot of sewage up in the air. Perhaps it's time to dive deep for awhile and replenish yourself with something more impressive and less obnoxious, yes ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 09-18-2017 at 01:16 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

How was the pipeline pilots been screwed over? Haven't they been getting benefits, health insurance, and pay since signing up? I would say that is fair treatment. I have no problem with giving them a better chance at their choice of aircraft, but we need to take care of the pilots on property.
    If QOL was improved and current pilots made better pay and were treated better hiring numbers would take care of themselves. Word of mouth goes a long way in helping recruitment. Just look at Skywest.....they don't have half of what we offer to new hires but still get more then we do in the door. WHY? Because their pilots like working there and they have some good QOL benefits that we don't even come close to. Plus they are treated BETTER the any envoy pilot here.
    But again management can't even understand what we have been telling them for the past few years.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    How was the pipeline pilots been screwed over? Haven't they been getting benefits, health insurance, and pay since signing up? I would say that is fair treatment. I have no problem with giving them a better chance at their choice of aircraft, but we need to take care of the pilots on property.
    If QOL was improved and current pilots made better pay and were treated better hiring numbers would take care of themselves. Word of mouth goes a long way in helping recruitment. Just look at Skywest.....they don't have half of what we offer to new hires but still get more then we do in the door. WHY? Because their pilots like working there and they have some good QOL benefits that we don't even come close to. Plus they are treated BETTER the any envoy pilot here.
    But again management can't even understand what we have been telling them for the past few years.
    You make valid points. The pipeline pilots GET something BEFORE they arrive on property already. They contribute no union dues and do nothing for pilots senior to them as a junior pilot would who is on property and absorbing the less desirable trips, schedules and abilities. Your last point about management should really be directed at your "Association" for not only allowing this situation, but spearheading it. According to what some say, it sounds like your MEC is gift-wrapping a new present for management as we speak and guess who is likely to foot the bill for that too ?

Level
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 547/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

wait there is more to come that will splinter the pilot group even more.
    Sir, can I have another.

Company
    A good one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Husband & Father
    A/C Flown
    Whatever they give me
    Divorces
    Happily Married
    Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 353/51
    Given: 66/6

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    wait there is more to come that will splinter the pilot group even more.
    There's no fight left in ALPA. If they had fired 1/7th of the AA union leadership in one month there would have been federal lawsuits, pickets at centerport, tv interview & press releases about management attacking the union. I lost count of how many times they called me in PW to investigate, then found nothing. They even stuck stuff in my file refusing to remove it even after proving every point of the write up was wrong, their response, submit a rebuttal if you like. But it all sure makes an HI10 look bad.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint, but this mess was overkill, and plain wrong. The up side was landing on my feet at a good carrier, and home a ridiculous amount of time each month with the family. I've been called in to work two days all month on reserve.
    Last edited by Cujo665; 09-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.

Company
    envoy
    Job
    First Officer soon to be Captain
    A/C Flown
    E175!
    Level
    Achievements:
    250 Experience Points3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down