Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117

Thread: New Bonus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    971
    Level
    87
    Points: 19,203, Level: 87
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    New Bonus


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Look for specifics on an increase in the new hire bonus soon. I'm talking BIG increase.

    Vacancy coming soon as well. Delayed in order to firm up 175 ORD. Don't want to put it out and then have to amend it.

  2. #2
    Registered User Cousin Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Job
    2.5-3 Star Hotel Connoisseur
    A/C Flown
    Voyager of the Seas
    Posts
    164
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,265, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/1
    Given: 50/2

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    26
    Level
    29
    Points: 2,401, Level: 29
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    how bout bonuses for us already here? new hires dont mean **** if they cant keep us around

  4. #4
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    971
    Level
    87
    Points: 19,203, Level: 87
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
    how bout bonuses for us already here? new hires dont mean **** if they cant keep us around
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    26
    Level
    29
    Points: 2,401, Level: 29
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/1
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    new hires will be making more than captains then. genius

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    A/C Flown
    Airbus
    Posts
    471
    Level
    53
    Points: 6,713, Level: 53
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/6
    Given: 2/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
    new hires will be making more than captains then. genius
    At what point do they take a pay cut? What a screwed up scheme.

  7. #7
    Registered User Cousin Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Job
    2.5-3 Star Hotel Connoisseur
    A/C Flown
    Voyager of the Seas
    Posts
    164
    Level
    61
    Points: 8,265, Level: 61
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/1
    Given: 50/2

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.
    Does this mean you're planning on violating the flow if we can't staff?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    60
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,440, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/12
    Given: 0/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    Does this mean you're planning on violating the flow if we can't staff?
    The flow can't be stopped. It's contractual.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,067
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,689, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameInSky View Post
    The flow can't be stopped. It's contractual.
    Contracts are not set in stone like the 10 Commandments. History is filled with plenty of scenarios where something "contractual" was vaporized at some subsequent point in time. Just sayin'.........

  10. #10
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,010
    Level
    100
    Points: 31,739, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dacuj is a loser, give more bonuses to f/o's and see how the game,will be played out. Company loses in short and long term, and you can stickntge flow up your ads if it means I work for less azzhole

  11. #11
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    241
    Level
    45
    Points: 4,979, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.
    ORLY? Care to elaborate on if/when flow may stop? I thought it was contractual?

  12. #12
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    971
    Level
    87
    Points: 19,203, Level: 87
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    -1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    ORLY? Care to elaborate on if/when flow may stop? I thought it was contractual?
    The flow is contractual. You can get your panties out of a wad. We do need bodies though. There is huge interest in Envoy out there and the recruiting department is working overtime weeding out those who don't meet the criteria. As evidenced with our 100 new hires this month.

    I'll be honest. Yes, hiring is tough out there right now. Envoy is getting the most amount of interest of any regional out there. It would be great to be able to weed things out a little further but at times, it just isn't possible to get that mid twenties UND or Embry Riddle grad with 1500 hours and all of their CFI tickets. This is the perfect candidate. It is a bit of a shame that some old guys with no degree who flew clapped Barons around Texas and then got on with Chapparal are going to be hogging an AA seat when the above described UND or Riddle grad are far, far more preferable. It is what it is though and that's the nature of a true flow.

    As preferable as it would be to hire the perfect candidate described above 100% of the time, in the current environment, it isn't possible always, although I'm sure the recruiting team is doing their best.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,067
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,689, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    The flow is contractual. You can get your panties out of a wad. We do need bodies though. There is huge interest in Envoy out there and the recruiting department is working overtime weeding out those who don't meet the criteria. As evidenced with our 100 new hires this month.

    I'll be honest. Yes, hiring is tough out there right now. Envoy is getting the most amount of interest of any regional out there. It would be great to be able to weed things out a little further but at times, it just isn't possible to get that mid twenties UND or Embry Riddle grad with 1500 hours and all of their CFI tickets. This is the perfect candidate. It is a bit of a shame that some old guys with no degree who flew clapped Barons around Texas and then got on with Chapparal are going to be hogging an AA seat when the above described UND or Riddle grad are far, far more preferable. It is what it is though and that's the nature of a true flow.

    As preferable as it would be to hire the perfect candidate described above 100% of the time, in the current environment, it isn't possible always, although I'm sure the recruiting team is doing their best.
    If you were ever a CFI, you must have really sucked (but we already suspected that). Any pilot (especially an instructor) with an ounce of sense knows that pilot quality is to a major degree an individual thing and not necessarily one borne of past experience. Thus, those pilots you belittle who flew "clapped out Barons" got experience in not just flying, but surviving. Back in the day, pilots had to sacrifice far more then now to make it to a regional carrier and usually had upwards of 2500 hours along with 1000 of those surviving in freight dog roles and that was just for the opportunity to throw bags into the back of a metroliner or BE-99 along with right-seat flying. They paid their dues. Nowadays, most of the pilots you talk about that graduate with those 1500 hours from University school X spent virtually all of their time in carefully controlled and monitored conditions (mostly VFR) with dispatch clipboards and specific syllabuses. I know, I used to teach at a major University back in the day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented aviators coming through that medium, but a good instructor knows to take (and treat) each pilot as an individual and that includes fellow pilots once you do get to an airline be they Captain or F/O.

    It's sad to hear from 8-Balls like yourself who obviously learned little during his ascent to his present position and IMO, one day American Airlines will be that much worse off for it. For the others here......yes, I have a college degree and no, I never flew for Chaparral Airlines, but at least I can spell Chaparral unlike certain loudmouth paper shufflers who think they know it all and constantly prove themselves otherwise.

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    60
    Level
    21
    Points: 1,440, Level: 21
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/12
    Given: 0/1

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    If you were ever a CFI, you must have really sucked (but we already suspected that). Any pilot (especially an instructor) with an ounce of sense knows that pilot quality is to a major degree an individual thing and not necessarily one borne of past experience. Thus, those pilots you belittle who flew "clapped out Barons" got experience in not just flying, but surviving. Back in the day, pilots had to sacrifice far more then now to make it to a regional carrier and usually had upwards of 2500 hours along with 1000 of those surviving in freight dog roles and that was just for the opportunity to throw bags into the back of a metroliner or BE-99 along with right-seat flying. They paid their dues. Nowadays, most of the pilots you talk about that graduate with those 1500 hours from University school X spent virtually all of their time in carefully controlled and monitored conditions (mostly VFR) with dispatch clipboards and specific syllabuses. I know, I used to teach at a major University back in the day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented aviators coming through that medium, but a good instructor knows to take (and treat) each pilot as an individual and that includes fellow pilots once you do get to an airline be they Captain or F/O.

    It's sad to hear from 8-Balls like yourself who obviously learned little during his ascent to his present position and IMO, one day American Airlines will be that much worse off for it. For the others here......yes, I have a college degree and no, I never flew for Chaparral Airlines, but at least I can spell Chaparral unlike certain loudmouth paper shufflers who think they know it all and constantly prove themselves otherwise.
    I much prefer the younger hipsters they are hiring now vs. the old stick in the mud types. Much like yourself.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,067
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,689, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlameInSky View Post
    I much prefer the younger hipsters they are hiring now vs. the old stick in the mud types. Much like yourself.
    Considering who you display yourself as here, I find that comforting. Being validated by you would concern me enough to re-evaluate who I am. Thankfully, that won't be necessary and you are free to continue your professional and personal relationships with your fellow stooges. Even us old "stick in the mud types" like good comedy, even if it is embarrassing to the performers.

  16. #16
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    971
    Level
    87
    Points: 19,203, Level: 87
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    If you were ever a CFI, you must have really sucked (but we already suspected that). Any pilot (especially an instructor) with an ounce of sense knows that pilot quality is to a major degree an individual thing and not necessarily one borne of past experience. Thus, those pilots you belittle who flew "clapped out Barons" got experience in not just flying, but surviving. Back in the day, pilots had to sacrifice far more then now to make it to a regional carrier and usually had upwards of 2500 hours along with 1000 of those surviving in freight dog roles and that was just for the opportunity to throw bags into the back of a metroliner or BE-99 along with right-seat flying. They paid their dues. Nowadays, most of the pilots you talk about that graduate with those 1500 hours from University school X spent virtually all of their time in carefully controlled and monitored conditions (mostly VFR) with dispatch clipboards and specific syllabuses. I know, I used to teach at a major University back in the day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented aviators coming through that medium, but a good instructor knows to take (and treat) each pilot as an individual and that includes fellow pilots once you do get to an airline be they Captain or F/O.

    It's sad to hear from 8-Balls like yourself who obviously learned little during his ascent to his present position and IMO, one day American Airlines will be that much worse off for it. For the others here......yes, I have a college degree and no, I never flew for Chaparral Airlines, but at least I can spell Chaparral unlike certain loudmouth paper shufflers who think they know it all and constantly prove themselves otherwise.
    Riddle me this then Mr. University Instructor. If you have a fresh CFI with 1500 hours and no 121 knowledge, you can train him exactly as you want and there are no bad habits to break. Like that "freight dog" that violated every rule in the book, he brings that mentality to the cockpit whether you admit it or not, and some of that will rub off on the new guys.

  17. #17
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    241
    Level
    45
    Points: 4,979, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Riddle me this then Mr. University Instructor. If you have a fresh CFI with 1500 hours and no 121 knowledge, you can train him exactly as you want and there are no bad habits to break. Like that "freight dog" that violated every rule in the book, he brings that mentality to the cockpit whether you admit it or not, and some of that will rub off on the new guys.
    Did you do anything other than flight instruct before you got here?
    Warlord of the crewroom.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,067
    Level
    73
    Points: 12,689, Level: 73
    Overall activity: 69.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Riddle me this then Mr. University Instructor. If you have a fresh CFI with 1500 hours and no 121 knowledge, you can train him exactly as you want and there are no bad habits to break. Like that "freight dog" that violated every rule in the book, he brings that mentality to the cockpit whether you admit it or not, and some of that will rub off on the new guys.
    Your "riddle" (Pun intended) is invalid as it is based on assumptions. Who is to say Pilot A (fresh CFI) is "completely trainable" simply by virtue of background X and pilot B (freight dog) automatically is someone who violates FAR's (let alone the absurd claim of "every rule in the book") by virtue of flying freight. If the former were true, ZERO pilots with University CFI's would be rejected by Envoy which we know isn't true and likewise, NO pilots with past 135 freight experience would be at Delta, AA or other legacies, even going so far as to be among your instructors and check airman when you get to that legacy.

    You come across stupider with every post, Batman.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Cujo665's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Posts
    2,249
    Level
    100
    Points: 35,767, Level: 100
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience PointsSocial
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Riddle me this then Mr. University Instructor. If you have a fresh CFI with 1500 hours and no 121 knowledge, you can train him exactly as you want and there are no bad habits to break. Like that "freight dog" that violated every rule in the book, he brings that mentality to the cockpit whether you admit it or not, and some of that will rub off on the new guys.
    Assuming there actually is some validity to this argument; the problem then becomes where do you draw the line on which rules in the book get violated and which don't?
    __________________________________________________ __

  20. #20
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    241
    Level
    45
    Points: 4,979, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    If you were ever a CFI, you must have really sucked (but we already suspected that). Any pilot (especially an instructor) with an ounce of sense knows that pilot quality is to a major degree an individual thing and not necessarily one borne of past experience. Thus, those pilots you belittle who flew "clapped out Barons" got experience in not just flying, but surviving. Back in the day, pilots had to sacrifice far more then now to make it to a regional carrier and usually had upwards of 2500 hours along with 1000 of those surviving in freight dog roles and that was just for the opportunity to throw bags into the back of a metroliner or BE-99 along with right-seat flying. They paid their dues. Nowadays, most of the pilots you talk about that graduate with those 1500 hours from University school X spent virtually all of their time in carefully controlled and monitored conditions (mostly VFR) with dispatch clipboards and specific syllabuses. I know, I used to teach at a major University back in the day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented aviators coming through that medium, but a good instructor knows to take (and treat) each pilot as an individual and that includes fellow pilots once you do get to an airline be they Captain or F/O.

    It's sad to hear from 8-Balls like yourself who obviously learned little during his ascent to his present position and IMO, one day American Airlines will be that much worse off for it. For the others here......yes, I have a college degree and no, I never flew for Chaparral Airlines, but at least I can spell Chaparral unlike certain loudmouth paper shufflers who think they know it all and constantly prove themselves otherwise.
    I'll fly with a freight dog any day. At least you know they've seen more than marginal VFR.
    Warlord of the crewroom.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •