Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 117

Thread: New Bonus

  1. #1
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    309
    Level
    45
    Points: 5,016, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/101
    Given: 0/3

    Ignore User

    New Bonus


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Look for specifics on an increase in the new hire bonus soon. I'm talking BIG increase.

    Vacancy coming soon as well. Delayed in order to firm up 175 ORD. Don't want to put it out and then have to amend it.

  2. #2
    Registered User Cousin Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Job
    2.5-3 Star Hotel Connoisseur
    A/C Flown
    Voyager of the Seas
    Posts
    155
    Level
    48
    Points: 5,747, Level: 48
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/1
    Given: 50/2

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great news! Thanks for sharing.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12
    Level
    14
    Points: 769, Level: 14
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    how bout bonuses for us already here? new hires dont mean **** if they cant keep us around

  4. #4
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    309
    Level
    45
    Points: 5,016, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/101
    Given: 0/3

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
    how bout bonuses for us already here? new hires dont mean **** if they cant keep us around
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    12
    Level
    14
    Points: 769, Level: 14
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    new hires will be making more than captains then. genius

  6. #6
    Registered User Cousin Eddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Job
    2.5-3 Star Hotel Connoisseur
    A/C Flown
    Voyager of the Seas
    Posts
    155
    Level
    48
    Points: 5,747, Level: 48
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/1
    Given: 50/2

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.
    Does this mean you're planning on violating the flow if we can't staff?

  7. #7
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,071
    Level
    94
    Points: 23,633, Level: 94
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dacuj is a loser, give more bonuses to f/o's and see how the game,will be played out. Company loses in short and long term, and you can stickntge flow up your ads if it means I work for less azzhole

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    A/C Flown
    Airbus
    Posts
    471
    Level
    43
    Points: 4,727, Level: 43
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 52/3
    Given: 2/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
    new hires will be making more than captains then. genius
    At what point do they take a pay cut? What a screwed up scheme.

  9. #9
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    149
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,025, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 8/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Because you'll be flowing soon. And it's the other way around. You (your flow) don't mean squat if we don't have huge classes monthly.
    ORLY? Care to elaborate on if/when flow may stop? I thought it was contractual?

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,294
    Level
    51
    Points: 6,231, Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Dacuj is a loser, give more bonuses to f/o's and see how the game,will be played out. Company loses in short and long term, and you can stickntge flow up your ads if it means I work for less azzhole
    Sounds like ALPA is now giving Band-Aids to the company for wounds that haven't even occurred yet because they are only interested in their own respective exits, which mean the lifers are forgotten yet again. It also begs the question of why they are throwing more money at pilots who don't even work for Envoy yet when they have classes already bursting at the seams, so much so Dacuj has to change his underwear 3 times a day ?

  11. #11
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    149
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,025, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 8/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
    new hires will be making more than captains then. genius
    This company is going to put itself in a hole as far as CA staffing goes. Unless the plan is to hire Street Captains without calling it that.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,294
    Level
    51
    Points: 6,231, Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    This company is going to put itself in a hole as far as CA staffing goes. Unless the plan is to hire Street Captains without calling it that.
    Your Association leadership (essentially "trustees" of what mimics a Correctional Facility in hierarchy) will do whatever is necessary to ensure minimal delay for their chance at early parole. Once a pilot is here a few years, they know he/she won't leave for anywhere they wouldn't anyway regardless of the pay like a non AA legacy, LLC, etc.,so why throw money away to inmates here for the duration ?

  13. #13
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    149
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,025, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 8/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Your Association leadership (essentially "trustees" of what mimics a Correctional Facility in hierarchy) will do whatever is necessary to ensure minimal delay for their chance at early parole. Once a pilot is here a few years, they know he/she won't leave for anywhere they wouldn't anyway regardless of the pay like a non AA legacy, LLC, etc.,so why throw money away to inmates here for the duration ?
    Don't worry - I get it. It's a giant sh*t sandwich and the company is going to cram it down our throats because nobody will stop them.

    ALPA is friggin' worthless.

  14. #14
    Registered User Dacuj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    309
    Level
    45
    Points: 5,016, Level: 45
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/101
    Given: 0/3

    Ignore User

    -1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    ORLY? Care to elaborate on if/when flow may stop? I thought it was contractual?
    The flow is contractual. You can get your panties out of a wad. We do need bodies though. There is huge interest in Envoy out there and the recruiting department is working overtime weeding out those who don't meet the criteria. As evidenced with our 100 new hires this month.

    I'll be honest. Yes, hiring is tough out there right now. Envoy is getting the most amount of interest of any regional out there. It would be great to be able to weed things out a little further but at times, it just isn't possible to get that mid twenties UND or Embry Riddle grad with 1500 hours and all of their CFI tickets. This is the perfect candidate. It is a bit of a shame that some old guys with no degree who flew clapped Barons around Texas and then got on with Chapparal are going to be hogging an AA seat when the above described UND or Riddle grad are far, far more preferable. It is what it is though and that's the nature of a true flow.

    As preferable as it would be to hire the perfect candidate described above 100% of the time, in the current environment, it isn't possible always, although I'm sure the recruiting team is doing their best.

  15. #15
    Registered User ardvark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,071
    Level
    94
    Points: 23,633, Level: 94
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 542/34
    Given: 589/14

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GFY Moron, to put it simply you f u c k

  16. #16
    Registered User Vne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Job
    Rented mule
    Posts
    149
    Level
    27
    Points: 2,025, Level: 27
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Given: 8/4

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    The flow is contractual. You can get your panties out of a wad. We do need bodies though. There is huge interest in Envoy out there and the recruiting department is working overtime weeding out those who don't meet the criteria. As evidenced with our 100 new hires this month.

    I'll be honest. Yes, hiring is tough out there right now. Envoy is getting the most amount of interest of any regional out there. It would be great to be able to weed things out a little further but at times, it just isn't possible to get that mid twenties UND or Embry Riddle grad with 1500 hours and all of their CFI tickets. This is the perfect candidate. It is a bit of a shame that some old guys with no degree who flew clapped Barons around Texas and then got on with Chapparal are going to be hogging an AA seat when the above described UND or Riddle grad are far, far more preferable. It is what it is though and that's the nature of a true flow.

    As preferable as it would be to hire the perfect candidate described above 100% of the time, in the current environment, it isn't possible always, although I'm sure the recruiting team is doing their best.
    No panties wadded here, old man. Riddle and North Dakota? You a grad of one of these places? I guess you must look down on Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard...? Never mind, those guys go straight to mainline. Yeah, we need a bunch of wet behind the ears CFI's to rush through 1,000 hours and plop them in the left seat.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    52
    Level
    28
    Points: 2,188, Level: 28
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/3
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There is no substitute for experience. When it comes to flying, I preffer a pilot with lots of hours to a pilot with lots of degrees...

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,294
    Level
    51
    Points: 6,231, Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    The flow is contractual. You can get your panties out of a wad. We do need bodies though. There is huge interest in Envoy out there and the recruiting department is working overtime weeding out those who don't meet the criteria. As evidenced with our 100 new hires this month.

    I'll be honest. Yes, hiring is tough out there right now. Envoy is getting the most amount of interest of any regional out there. It would be great to be able to weed things out a little further but at times, it just isn't possible to get that mid twenties UND or Embry Riddle grad with 1500 hours and all of their CFI tickets. This is the perfect candidate. It is a bit of a shame that some old guys with no degree who flew clapped Barons around Texas and then got on with Chapparal are going to be hogging an AA seat when the above described UND or Riddle grad are far, far more preferable. It is what it is though and that's the nature of a true flow.

    As preferable as it would be to hire the perfect candidate described above 100% of the time, in the current environment, it isn't possible always, although I'm sure the recruiting team is doing their best.
    If you were ever a CFI, you must have really sucked (but we already suspected that). Any pilot (especially an instructor) with an ounce of sense knows that pilot quality is to a major degree an individual thing and not necessarily one borne of past experience. Thus, those pilots you belittle who flew "clapped out Barons" got experience in not just flying, but surviving. Back in the day, pilots had to sacrifice far more then now to make it to a regional carrier and usually had upwards of 2500 hours along with 1000 of those surviving in freight dog roles and that was just for the opportunity to throw bags into the back of a metroliner or BE-99 along with right-seat flying. They paid their dues. Nowadays, most of the pilots you talk about that graduate with those 1500 hours from University school X spent virtually all of their time in carefully controlled and monitored conditions (mostly VFR) with dispatch clipboards and specific syllabuses. I know, I used to teach at a major University back in the day. Don't get me wrong, there are some very talented aviators coming through that medium, but a good instructor knows to take (and treat) each pilot as an individual and that includes fellow pilots once you do get to an airline be they Captain or F/O.

    It's sad to hear from 8-Balls like yourself who obviously learned little during his ascent to his present position and IMO, one day American Airlines will be that much worse off for it. For the others here......yes, I have a college degree and no, I never flew for Chaparral Airlines, but at least I can spell Chaparral unlike certain loudmouth paper shufflers who think they know it all and constantly prove themselves otherwise.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,294
    Level
    51
    Points: 6,231, Level: 51
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Vne View Post
    No panties wadded here, old man. Riddle and North Dakota? You a grad of one of these places? I guess you must look down on Air Force, Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard...? Never mind, those guys go straight to mainline. Yeah, we need a bunch of wet behind the ears CFI's to rush through 1,000 hours and plop them in the left seat.
    We all know he's a blue-ribbon idiot and has no idea what makes a good pilot. After all, he's got no internal qualities within himself to help him in that regard.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    52
    Level
    12
    Points: 640, Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/9
    Given: 0/0

    Ignore User

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
    Does this mean you're planning on violating the flow if we can't staff?
    The flow can't be stopped. It's contractual.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •