Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Vacancy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Expect another vacancy inside 2 months. Upgrades likely to be awarded before finishing initial so basically immediately. Also, rumblings about a new base are out there. Think East Coast and cheesesteak.

Level
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/7
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Today...I had a cheesesteak. Then I bought a walk man.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

There's Cheesecake Factory's all over the east coast.

So how many FOs will bypass due to terrible QOL on RSV?

Also the new game is, RAP1s get called at 4am to be released back into rest to work in the PM. And this place thinks that's a safe and good idea.

#TiT.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 6/1

Ignore User

PHL base?
    Dacuj predicts this is the next step to envoy taking over the 190's in 3...2...

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Is phl not an a320 base, why not the 320 instead of the 190. If you are going to bust scope, bust it big.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Expect another vacancy inside 2 months. Upgrades likely to be awarded before finishing initial so basically immediately. Also, rumblings about a new base are out there. Think East Coast and cheesesteak.
    Questions..............Questions;

Considering the $$$ Envoy is shelling out to new-hire F/O's, will they shell that out to street captains which it sounds like they'll need ? Will street captains sign up (again because it sounds like they'll be needed soon) and more importantly stay knowing they'll be on reserve for most of their tenure at Envoy waiting to flow ? If they dodge the street captain bullet for now, how much of a pay raise will probationary 6 month F/O's get when rolling the dice on an upgrade to first year captain scale considering that extra bonus money they are getting now ? I'm sure it's an increase and certainly better then their second year pay cut as F/O, but considering the reportedly atrocious QWL and risk on probation, how many will take it ? If they don't get volunteers to bid captain, will they force "qualified" F/O's ? If PHL opens and insufficient bidders occur, will there be displacements to fill those slots ? I'm sure PHL might be attractive to a few, but how many ?

I ask because it sounds like all the growth Envoy is going after might just be something that brings the house down kinda like someone experimenting with an opiate and ending up a junkie in free-fall within a short period. Hope Envoy isn't chasing a high they cannot pay for because it just might be the pilots there who have to be put out working the streets to support the high. Aggressive growth is fine and nice, but in this regional pilot environment (which surely soon will deflate...........and rapidly), it IS a risky move. I sincerely hope Envoy doesn't look like Courtney Love before and after drugs between now and some point in the near future or more accurately the pilots now flying there. Then again, perhaps that's the next step in merging Envoy with another (or two) wholly-owneds ?
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 08-20-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Is phl not an a320 base, why not the 320 instead of the 190. If you are going to bust scope, bust it big.
    Even "busting" scope by seizing the 190 for Eagle carriers (let alone group II aircraft) would transition the present relationship between AAG management and AA pilots from something equivalent of US/Russia to US/North Korea. I don't see that happening. That would cripple an already competitively hobbling airline system. Delta is smart with the CS-series and I expect United to soon follow. I expect AAG's response to be more 76-seaters (especially at ORD) and conversion to more 65-seaters from smaller RJ's. Delta (and eventually United) will make a big show of that inaugural aircraft and what can AAG do to match it ?

Rollout another RJ parade of already introduced aircraft or rehabbed used jets ?

You can be sure neither Delta nor United are too concerned about AA's present, but temporary leader in size, especially considering their arguable inferiority in product. Solid balance sheets and far more collaborative labor relations will continue to free up those carriers in the future which means bold innovations and higher likelihood of success. In the AA/Eagle system...........well, I predict management will continue to profit handsomely although not as much as before.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive1 year registered10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/170
    Given: 0/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleboy View Post
    Questions..............Questions;

Considering the $$$ Envoy is shelling out to new-hire F/O's, will they shell that out to street captains which it sounds like they'll need ? Will street captains sign up (again because it sounds like they'll be needed soon) and more importantly stay knowing they'll be on reserve for most of their tenure at Envoy waiting to flow ? If they dodge the street captain bullet for now, how much of a pay raise will probationary 6 month F/O's get when rolling the dice on an upgrade to first year captain scale considering that extra bonus money they are getting now ? I'm sure it's an increase and certainly better then their second year pay cut as F/O, but considering the reportedly atrocious QWL and risk on probation, how many will take it ? If they don't get volunteers to bid captain, will they force "qualified" F/O's ? If PHL opens and insufficient bidders occur, will there be displacements to fill those slots ? I'm sure PHL might be attractive to a few, but how many ?

I ask because it sounds like all the growth Envoy is going after might just be something that brings the house down kinda like someone experimenting with an opiate and ending up a junkie in free-fall within a short period. Hope Envoy isn't chasing a high they cannot pay for because it just might be the pilots there who have to be put out working the streets to support the high. Aggressive growth is fine and nice, but in this regional pilot environment (which surely soon will deflate...........and rapidly), it IS a risky move. I sincerely hope Envoy doesn't look like Courtney Love before and after drugs between now and some point in the near future or more accurately the pilots now flying there. Then again, perhaps that's the next step in merging Envoy with another (or two) wholly-owneds ?
    "Bitter, party of one. Your table is ready."

Yet ANOTHER lame attempt at trying to discredit Envoy and the flow. To your utter frustration....the flow keeps chugging along. ANOTHER vacancy of between 40 and 50 Captains is near and again, beagleboy is flabbergasted as to how this is even happening. ANOTHER new base on the cusp of opening and you are pulling your hair out. AGAIN.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

"Bitter, party of one. Your table is ready."

Yet ANOTHER lame attempt at trying to discredit Envoy and the flow. To your utter frustration....the flow keeps chugging along. ANOTHER vacancy of between 40 and 50 Captains is near and again, beagleboy is flabbergasted as to how this is even happening. ANOTHER new base on the cusp of opening and you are pulling your hair out. AGAIN.
    Well, gee............since you represent yourself to be the Shell Answer Man on all things Envoy (and apparently AA too), these are valid questions based on the very representations you make here ad nauseum. You claim Envoy is Utopia incarnate for all pilots present Envoy or not, wouldn't you be the one to ask ? It's OK. we all know the evasive paranoid delusional response that follows and by golly, here it is.

Oh Monsieur maître D', may I have my bill for this cocktail please ? The odor in this so called Restaurant is not to my liking (which I suspect is you) and the menu was misrepresented, so I shall pass on your offer for seating.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

Dacuj, you expect us to be excited about a vacancy in 2 months? We need it now! As usual, management is way behind.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs98tlr View Post
    Dacuj, you expect us to be excited about a vacancy in 2 months? We need it now! As usual, management is way behind.
    Don't worry. From what I've heard, it's not going to be near that far away. I've heard by the end of the month.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

I'm definitely not worried! But I get what you mean. ORD emj (fo's) and crj (captains) needed bad!

Registered User No Tuna In Cockpit's Avatar
    Job
    Switch Flipper
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 23/2
    Given: 22/28

Ignore User

Is this anything like the "LAX rumors" that you've been spouting all year and never happened? Also, what do you have to say about Compass getting a PHX base? Guess we're not getting those 175s anytime soon....

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Beagleboy, you know that post I made was sarcasm.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

Upgrades every 90 days have been happening basically the last 2 years so your guess is not Earth shattering. The east coast base, again, has been a rumor for over a year. Again, not Earth shattering.

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by DilsonWic View Post
    Also the new game is, RAP1s get called at 4am to be released back into rest to work in the PM. And this place thinks that's a safe and good idea.

#TiT.
    Fatigue. Every. Single. Time.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    ORD
    A/C Flown
    Jungle Jet
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 41/6
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    Fatigue. Every. Single. Time.
    Just make sure to do it at the outstation.

Job
    Rented mule
    Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 13/4

Ignore User

PHL? I guess we know the newest junior base.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    Beagleboy, you know that post I made was sarcasm.
    Of course. Sometimes I use another's post topic to opine about that topic. It's not a swipe at that poster. Sometimes I even do that with dacuj, of course he always goes off the deep end in the paranoia department.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/3
    Given: 10/60

Ignore User

Any rumblings about new planes heading to this new base?

Thread Information