Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 29/3
    Given: 9/51

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    From another forum:

Here are the facts about what happened at L-ASA. XJT approached DAL management to start talks about the DAL CPAs. DAL told XJT management that DAL had no intention of renewing our CPAs. XJT management decided to exit our CPAs earlier so that they could reallocate our assets, pilots, to a new 5 year UAL CPA. That CPA is for 126 aircraft. The company will also grown the AA DFW CRJ operation from 12 to 20 aircraft. 28 Delta owned CRJ900s are going to Endeavor. 3 Delta owned CRJ700s are going to Endeavor. 22 ExpressJet owned aircraft currently don't have a home, but hopes are they will be placed with mainline carrier soon.

The XJT MEC and the ASA MEC were notified of these developments when the company was notified. That allowed us to negotiate an umbrella document that combines the ASA CBA and XJT CBA into one document. ERJ pilots fly under the ERJ CBA, CRJ pilots fly under the CRJ CBA. After this was completed the SLI was completed without needing to use an arbitrator.

All pilots at ExpressJet will have a job for the foreseeable future. Everyone will either have jobs in the AA CRJ system or the UAL ERJ system. The retention bonuses will payout.

The employees I really feel for are our FAs, dispatchers, schedulers and mechanics. They did not know this was coming and werent able to develop any protections. The ASA FAs are looking at either getting a SLI with the XJT FAs or being on the street. This is effect a lot more then just the pilots on this property. The pilots are actually coming out best in the whole thing compared to the rest of the company.

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    From my understanding, Delta has no interest in a pure flow. They don't like the idea of giving up full control of who eventually ends up on Delta property. Don't blame them honestly. But who knows, stranger things have happened.
    I would have to agree with Delta a little on this one. I hate to say it, but I am a little scared of some of the pilots that are eventually going to end up on AA property someday. I fear for the pilot group in future negotiations with some of the these gutless pilots in the AA pipeline.

Level
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 188/7
    Given: 0/41

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    From my understanding, Delta has no interest in a pure flow. They don't like the idea of giving up full control of who eventually ends up on Delta property. Don't blame them honestly. But who knows, stranger things have happened.
    I'm sure they don't want that model, but the intensifying regional pilot shortage will have to force their hand at some point and sooner rather then later. The only other option is to move to a new model where all Delta flying is done by Delta and they exit the regional outsourcing business model. They are already moving in that direction to the maximum extent possible, but soon they will have to make a move.

Job
    Right Seat Humor Expert
    A/C Flown
    N401UA, N402UA, N403UA, etc. etc. etc.
    Divorces
    Envoy, 2014, Irreconcilable Differences
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/2
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by wiz5422 View Post
    I would have to agree with Delta a little on this one. I hate to say it, but I am a little scared of some of the pilots that are eventually going to end up on AA property someday. I fear for the pilot group in future negotiations with some of the these gutless pilots in the AA pipeline.
    You mean dacuj and his various handles?

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdrive3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/88
    Given: 0/2

Ignore User

Just so you know. We are picking up lots of Expressjet guys. These are all highly experienced guys and they see a winner in Envoy. Very, very few are going to other regionals. I would venture to say that our number from Expressjet will increase over the coming months. You might even see an open house specifically for Express pilots wanting to come to Envoy.

Thread Information