Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 30/3
    Given: 9/57

Ignore User

XJT Flying

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    ATLANTA, Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ExpressJet Airlines, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ: SKYW) today announced the initiation of a clearly defined long-term strategy.

• Long-term agreement secured with United Airlines. As part of this plan, ExpressJet has secured a new, five-year extension of its United Airlines ERJ145 contract, effective Jan. 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2022. The new agreement enhances ExpressJet's United partnership and provides long-term stability to its model. It also provides ExpressJet pilots with continued access to United's Career Pathway Program. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    • Early termination of Delta CPA. Additionally, ExpressJet and Delta Air Lines mutually agreed to initiate the wind-down of its remaining dual-class flying agreement under the Delta Connection brand, allowing ExpressJet opportunities to place aircraft with other partners. The agreement, which includes 28 CRJ900s and 33 CRJ700s, was previously scheduled to expire beginning in 2019. The aircraft financed by Delta, including all CRJ900s, will be returned to Delta beginning in fourth quarter 2017; ExpressJet expects to transition other aircraft previously operated under its Delta agreement to other major partners throughout 2018.
    • Agreement with American for eight additional CRJ700s. As part of this realignment, ExpressJet has secured an agreement with American Airlines to transition eight additional CRJ700s to its American Eagle operation. That transition is expected to take place during second quarter 2018.

"Today's announcement provides structural strength, visibility and positive momentum to ExpressJet Airlines," said Chip Childs, Chief Executive Officer of SkyWest, Inc. "Our objective to provide a strong and successful foundation for the people of ExpressJet is central to our strategy. The execution of these new agreements is essential to finally getting ExpressJet to long-term success and profitability."

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 544/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

But, Isom loves us.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    ATLANTA, Aug. 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- ExpressJet Airlines, a wholly-owned subsidiary of SkyWest, Inc. (NASDAQ: SKYW) today announced the initiation of a clearly defined long-term strategy.

• Long-term agreement secured with United Airlines. As part of this plan, ExpressJet has secured a new, five-year extension of its United Airlines ERJ145 contract, effective Jan. 1, 2018 through Dec. 31, 2022. The new agreement enhances ExpressJet's United partnership and provides long-term stability to its model. It also provides ExpressJet pilots with continued access to United's Career Pathway Program. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    • Early termination of Delta CPA. Additionally, ExpressJet and Delta Air Lines mutually agreed to initiate the wind-down of its remaining dual-class flying agreement under the Delta Connection brand, allowing ExpressJet opportunities to place aircraft with other partners. The agreement, which includes 28 CRJ900s and 33 CRJ700s, was previously scheduled to expire beginning in 2019. The aircraft financed by Delta, including all CRJ900s, will be returned to Delta beginning in fourth quarter 2017; ExpressJet expects to transition other aircraft previously operated under its Delta agreement to other major partners throughout 2018.
    • Agreement with American for eight additional CRJ700s. As part of this realignment, ExpressJet has secured an agreement with American Airlines to transition eight additional CRJ700s to its American Eagle operation. That transition is expected to take place during second quarter 2018.

"Today's announcement provides structural strength, visibility and positive momentum to ExpressJet Airlines," said Chip Childs, Chief Executive Officer of SkyWest, Inc. "Our objective to provide a strong and successful foundation for the people of ExpressJet is central to our strategy. The execution of these new agreements is essential to finally getting ExpressJet to long-term success and profitability."
    Saw that too. However, while it is interesting to note the addition of 8 CRJs here (maybe replacing Mesa flying?)...the actual noteworthy part is the termination of the Delta CPA. Those guys over there really just can't catch a break.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    But, Isom loves us.
    What do you mean?

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 544/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

ask the mec
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I think everyone's initial reaction is that the additional XJT AA flying will be done at the expense of our brethren in ORD and DFW. But who knows where that additional flying will end up. Could replace MESA, could replace Republic as they wind down their AA flying, could replace AWAC flying, etc...I do believe the MEC when they say Isom loves Envoy, due to corroborating information I've received from a source that's very familiar with the players in the upper echelon of AAG. Just because Isom may love us, doesn't mean that they're not going to shift flying around. We are stretched to the breaking point staffing wise. AAG comes to Pedro every month asking if we can take on more flying. And while Pedro would love to keep taking more and more, we obviously can only do so much under current staffing limitations. And yes, AAG pissed away over 1,000 pilots needlessly a couple of years ago. Oops on their part.

Level
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/1
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

The wording makes it sound like the 700s will come from us. I know our mgmt wanted those CRJs gone yesterday, but PSA was busy screwing the pooch. If these do, in fact, come from us, that will help solve that problem, and I would think they'd have to run a small displacement bid or two.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    ask the mec
    I'm asking you

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Jersdawg View Post
    The wording makes it sound like the 700s will come from us. I know our mgmt wanted those CRJs gone yesterday, but PSA was busy screwing the pooch. If these do, in fact, come from us, that will help solve that problem, and I would think they'd have to run a small displacement bid or two.
    I definitely don't see AAG transferring our 700s to a non WO carrier. Regardless, a displacement is most definitely coming for DCE.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I definitely don't see AAG transferring our 700s to a non WO carrier. Regardless, a displacement is most definitely coming for DCE.
    Compass has twenty AAG owned 175s, so it's certainly not unprecedented.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/2

Ignore User

******* has twenty *** owned 175s, so it's certainly not unprecedented.
    Correct, it is a favorite method of punishment.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Compass has twenty AAG owned 175s, so it's certainly not unprecedented.
    While that's true, I just don't see that happening in today's environment. I don't see where you're getting that from the article. Look at the paragraph that talks about the Delta flying. They're going to transition 700s from their Delta ops to AE flying. Delta flying ceases in 2018, the same time that they're planning on transitioning to AE flying.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

While that's true, I just don't see that happening in today's environment. I don't see where you're getting that from the article. Look at the paragraph that talks about the Delta flying. They're going to transition 700s from their Delta ops to AE flying. Delta flying ceases in 2018, the same time that they're planning on transitioning to AE flying.
    Hey, you're right. I didn't read that paragraph carefully enough. In my defense: AAG has wanted our 700s off our roster years ago now. It seems like another regional partner would be the best way to accomplish this since PSA is such a Chucky Fox, and our 700s to XJET has been a rumor floating around for a couple years.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

I think everyone's initial reaction is that the additional XJT AA flying will be done at the expense of our brethren in ORD and DFW. But who knows where that additional flying will end up. Could replace MESA, could replace Republic as they wind down their AA flying, could replace AWAC flying, etc...I do believe the MEC when they say Isom loves Envoy, due to corroborating information I've received from a source that's very familiar with the players in the upper echelon of AAG. Just because Isom may love us, doesn't mean that they're not going to shift flying around. We are stretched to the breaking point staffing wise. AAG comes to Pedro every month asking if we can take on more flying. And while Pedro would love to keep taking more and more, we obviously can only do so much under current staffing limitations. And yes, AAG pissed away over 1,000 pilots needlessly a couple of years ago. Oops on their part.
    Why wouldn't they love Envoy ? Think about it.........

Look at all the gift wrapped presents the MEC has handed them in the recent past. The presents don't even have to be overt, but can be just as valuable as looking the other way. It's obvious to me anyway, they have a virtual blank check here from an organized labor perspective because the flow to AA is dangled directly or indirectly like a Sword of Damocles over most of the MEC members who will dance to whatever tune necessary to ensure they get their own ration of sugar ASAP.

It's commonly referred to business as usual and believe me, it WILL be business as usual. Part of that business is diversification and that too will continue as usual.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Hey, you're right. I didn't read that paragraph carefully enough. In my defense: AAG has wanted our 700s off our roster years ago now. It seems like another regional partner would be the best way to accomplish this since PSA is such a Chucky Fox, and our 700s to XJET has been a rumor floating around for a couple years.
    Absolutely. Not only AAG, but Envoy mgmt can't wait to see them gone either.

Level
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/2

Ignore User

The CRJ 700's for AAG will be their own. They are also sealing opportunities for their remaining 700's with UAL

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/18
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

But, but, but, but flow!

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/1
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Level
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 195/8
    Given: 0/42

Ignore User

By transferring those aircraft to wholly-owned Endeavor Air, it may put Delta in an excellent position to ramp up a full blown flow-thru as those aircraft and flying will be in-house. That could draw many former Xjet pilots over to Endeavor, especially Atlanta locals. Delta is a shrewd industry leader and that would be a very smart move IMO. Of course, not only would such a move mop up many potential future Envoy poachee's from within this source, it would actually start drawing from pools Envoy now has access to elsewhere making it a double-whammy. I expect both Delta and United will have no choice but to enact their own direct flow-thru's just like AA is doing now to protect their regional feeder operations as best as possible in the future. Considering Delta's rep as a premier pilot employer compared to AA, they'll be formidable adversary to AA in the future in capturing more of the increasingly limited supply of pilots.

United won't be far behind them securing the #2 spot IMO.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

From my understanding, Delta has no interest in a pure flow. They don't like the idea of giving up full control of who eventually ends up on Delta property. Don't blame them honestly. But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Thread Information