Thread: United Airlines posts huge drop in regional traffic as mainline takes center stage

Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 117/34
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

United Airlines posts huge drop in regional traffic as mainline takes center stage

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 187/7
    Given: 0/40

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Good plan IMO. Far easier to get mainline pilots in the coming years then entry-level regional. Despite the initiatives of whacking the 1000/1500 hour requirements and possibly age 67, I think AAG will be in a perilous staffing situation in the 2+ year future considering their focus on RJ's. Considering the retirement forecast at AA, I don't think they'll have a successful compensation strategy if their gamble fails and they have to rapidly reverse course on their RJ lovefest.

Ultimately, I think they'll end up sacrificing market share to the competition. Continued very poor labor relations with their pilots and likely contentious contract negotiations in 2019 will likely exacerbate AA's woes all at the same time. Add quadruple the debt of Delta and double that of United and the near future seems risky. Hope they can pull a rabbit out of their hat and possibly several, because IMO the future is shaping up for such a requirement.

Thread Information