1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 8/2
    Given: 1/1

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NealSpanier View Post
    Seriously?

Management has been negotiating "domicile flexibility" in one form or another since 2015 with the Satellite Domicile LOAs. Those negotiations and documents were not agreeable to Management so they are at it again with a different approach. It's not really news. And, again, I will state that Management has NOT told the Association what bases they would be looking to open. Envoy Management will only say they would like to ability to be "more flexible" IF AAG asks them to open a new domicile.
    Does AAG dictate the actual opening or closing of Envoy crew domiciles? I thought AAG simply dictated the flying that Envoy receives and it is up to Envoy, within their AAG budget, to handle domiciles.

Base
    ORD
    Job
    Complain
    A/C Flown
    CRJ
    Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by EGF View Post
    You get the thrill of hoping that they open a base near you. Maybe DC maybe Boston maybe Philly. Personally I'm hoping for a Bangor base. Lots of fond memories.
    What sort of flexibility do they want. Open DCA in June close in August. Why don't we just do like net jets and airline ourselves to wherever they need us.
    Who is OR and is she hot? Does she have any friends?

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 187/7
    Given: 0/40

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by snippercr View Post
    Does AAG dictate the actual opening or closing of Envoy crew domiciles? I thought AAG simply dictated the flying that Envoy receives and it is up to Envoy, within their AAG budget, to handle domiciles.
    Envoy has to offer AAG viable proof they can handle what might be offered or what Envoy proposes is within their ability. AAG knows there is a regional pilot crisis and they know to a certain degree it will only get more challenging as time goes on and the fact Envoy is likely selling itself to be their "go to" pinch-hitters is why you're seeing pleas (disguised as offers) for "flexibility". The pilots and MEC here have some leverage in this regard, but the question is, do they have the courage to use it ?

Level
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 136/1
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

Parker didn't raise pilot and FA pay, because he's a reformed alcoholic who has learned the error of his ways. He is trying the quick fix to avoid upsets to the summer travel season. Give them money to shut them up. Our management team, prefers to barter deals by saying give us what we want and we may be inclined to give you something in return. What's sort of ridiculous negotiating school did RiÁ and D emerge from.
    Unless they are inclined to negotiate many of our quality of life woes or give pay upgrades for all those present here, they can all go f#ck themselves.

Level
    Overall activity: 45.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 536/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

They can do all that and not ask for anything in return, that would be nice

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 187/7
    Given: 0/40

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by EGF View Post
    Parker didn't raise pilot and FA pay, because he's a reformed alcoholic who has learned the error of his ways. He is trying the quick fix to avoid upsets to the summer travel season. Give them money to shut them up. Our management team, prefers to barter deals by saying give us what we want and we may be inclined to give you something in return. What's sort of ridiculous negotiating school did RiÁ and D emerge from.
    Unless they are inclined to negotiate many of our quality of life woes or give pay upgrades for all those present here, they can all go f#ck themselves.
    Not sure of Parker's dependency status or reformation there, but I do agree on Parker not throwing money out because of altruism. He saw it as a band-aid (AKA a cheap fix) to a problem or potential problem. Personally, I think it's important to take emotion out of the situation though and replace it with simple resolve, meaning either they change their attitudes and practices which is "culture change" or they should be left to go it alone and solve their problems independently. If they cannot, it's their fault. No more band-aids which is nothing more then resigning oneself to being an enabler and a willing participant to the problem vs. a solution. Sure, in the past one could argue it's better to get something a little at a time vs. nothing at all, which may be true and indeed have benefit but that should be a temporary strategy. Once a relationship becomes founded on repeated systemic dysfunction and embracement of domination as a norm, I think it's time to scrub the band-aid approach.

Everybody wants success and Envoy SHOULD be successful, but if the past philosophies continue to be embraced, nothing will change. What happened at AA was in part a concern over the ability to cover the Summer schedule and a "no float" vacation campaign. It wasn't the whole reason, but a significant one and it was a product of resolve.

Level
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 80/11

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    No. We are NOT the same company. I'm paid 1/4 of what mainline Captain gets paid. I get junior manned more than a mainline pilot. I don't get meals like a mainline pilot. I don't have as good as health insurance as a mainline pilot. I don't have as good of 401k contributions as a mainline pilot. I don't get treated like a mainline pilot. I don't have free WiFi in the crew room like mainline pilots. I did not get an 8% pay raise like mainline pilots. But it's ok. I have flow!
    We are not the same company. Stop making it seem like we are. Also, didn't Neal basically saying you were lying about everything?
    WHAT THIS GUY SAID!!!!!
    NO WAY!,,, the same company!
    Night/day, black/white, bad day A/A, is twice as good as a good day at Eagle/Envoy!
    That coming from 23 years "Eagle", and 3 years A/A

Thread Information