Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteranOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/0
    Given: 5/1

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    And yet another first timer chimes in.
    It may come across as negativity but it's more like people being realists. Anyone that's been here for more than a couple of years knows that even when there's what's considered a reliable source that things can only be believed when they actually happen.
    Last edited by Sirsnacksalot; 03-20-2017 at 05:00 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 22.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 29/3
    Given: 9/51

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Rkb2a View Post
    Unbelievable how negative y'all are
    Aaaaaaaaaaand yet another handle...

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/6
    Given: 2/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Rkb2a View Post
    Unbelievable how negative y'all are
    Ya know there are a few really smart posts on this thing from some intelligent folk. Few n far between but they are there. Like others here, been in airline world for a few spins around the block and the usual idiotic stuff from the same culprits shows up. Over the years I think the only thing I've learned from all the naysayers and all the rah rah crowd is to develop a better filter, tune out the crap that gets thrown around and just enjoy every day I get to do what I do. At any time I can make a mistake, bend an airplane the wrong way or just not have my health working in my favor. It can be taken away...at ANY time.

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 536/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Well then your filter for company bull is not working.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 1/0
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    And he goes for the name calling. I never called him a name. Just want him to admit there is a difference in CURRENT flow and upgrade times vs projections and state what they are. Current flow is 12 years. Projection is 6. Current upgrade on paper is 3 years but the junior captain on the line is....4 years? (I actually don't know).
    I'm pretty sure that I'm no more than 2 handfulls of numbers from being the bottom line captain right now, and I've been here a little over 6 years. Took the first available upgrade as well.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Renewed talk late this week about LAX opening. 175s doing west coast flying. Been hearing the whispers for a while and it's escalating. Recruitment is currently going gangbusters. I would venture a guess that when this is announced, you'll need a 24/7 recruiting team in place as there will be masses on Regent Blvd beating down the doors to get in.
    So since this is "renewed" talk that just started up this week, can one assume that this news is in addition to the "big announcement" coming late 2nd quarter that you're on record mentioning over and over again?

Level
    Overall activity: 73.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsOverdrive3 months registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/88
    Given: 0/2

Ignore User

So since this is "renewed" talk that just started up this week, can one assume that this news is in addition to the "big announcement" coming late 2nd quarter that you're on record mentioning over and over again?
    This is totally separate info than what you should be hearing by the first of July. So, you are out there on the line and you are telling me you have heard zero about LAX? That's what you are saying?

Level
    Overall activity: 34.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent Poster
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 536/34
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

july, is 3rd quarter not 2nd quarter. The info about LAX is dubious at best. Most probably due to the fact DELTA appears to be squeezing TSH and Compass. Besides, you dont have the aircraft nor the pilots since envoy is a poor choice for a new hire and the fact that AAG is removing 100 aircraft from envoy in the next 18 months and we only get 8 more e175's. Oh wait, we are giving skywest the whole chicago base and envoy is moving the ord crews to LAX.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 13/1
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

This is totally separate info than what you should be hearing by the first of July. So, you are out there on the line and you are telling me you have heard zero about LAX? That's what you are saying?
    A ten year guy should know way better than to count chickens before they're hatched. Talk is cheap.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I mean, there has been talk of the Compass 175s along with the LAX base happening for a long, long time. Just like we'd start sending 40/month to AA in Jan. But no, I haven't hear any groundbreaking renewed rumors starting up within the last week other than you and your other buddies starting that rumor on various forums. Just curious where this "renewed" talk was coming from since Dee and Ric in recent past have adamantly denied that any 175s are coming anytime soon.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 138/1
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

LAX may or may not be announced or happen this year. However, I do know what happened. My 70 hours 10 day off line with two days off between trips. That's a reality. 3 of the trips are not commutable. That's a reality that's what I am experiencing. If LA opens or when it opens will my QOL become better? That's what interest me. Latest from Union. New hires are coming we don't need to cater any improvements to the pilot group. So dacuj not to worry your rhetoric or not new hires will come here. As far as qol it still sucks and will until I get hired or flow.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 39/18
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by EGF View Post
    LAX may or may not be announced or happen this year. However, I do know what happened. My 70 hours 10 day off line with two days off between trips. That's a reality. 3 of the trips are not commutable. That's a reality that's what I am experiencing. If LA opens or when it opens will my QOL become better? That's what interest me. Latest from Union. New hires are coming we don't need to cater any improvements to the pilot group. So dacuj not to worry your rhetoric or not new hires will come here. As far as qol it still sucks and will until I get hired or flow.
    You need 11 days off in domicile. If you have 10, you need to file a grievance and have CS give you another day off.

Level
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 188/7
    Given: 0/41

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by schmuck View Post
    I mean, there has been talk of the Compass 175s along with the LAX base happening for a long, long time. Just like we'd start sending 40/month to AA in Jan. But no, I haven't hear any groundbreaking renewed rumors starting up within the last week other than you and your other buddies starting that rumor on various forums. Just curious where this "renewed" talk was coming from since Dee and Ric in recent past have adamantly denied that any 175s are coming anytime soon.
    Envoy is likely to morph around as AAG sees fit to utilize it to maximum effectiveness. Domiciles may open and close or expand or shrink and new or used planes may come while others go. Passing through ORD the other day and saw mostly all Skywest CRJ-200's lined up at the G concourse, so no surprise. What will likely remain constant is lousy scheduling, contract violations and poor treatment. What will also be most likely is flow at minimum rate and a crawl through the training process, be it new-hire or upgrade.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by eaglepilot View Post
    You need 11 days off in domicile. If you have 10, you need to file a grievance and have CS give you another day off.
    Agreed sir,. However. Min days is 9 I believe. Even words spoken from the union they don't have to give me an rtd. They can just pay me out. Grievance already filed. So while I'm awaiting the answers the company is violating the contract. But doesn't matter to a few first timers. We have a flow,

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 39/18
    Given: 45/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by EGF View Post
    Agreed sir,. However. Min days is 9 I believe. Even words spoken from the union they don't have to give me an rtd. They can just pay me out. Grievance already filed. So while I'm awaiting the answers the company is violating the contract. But doesn't matter to a few first timers. We have a flow,
    Min is 9 due to junior man's but you must start each month with 11 scheduled off in domicile.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Thanks for the info. Shame our ltfo days can't come to AA with us. Maybe over there they'd get approved.

Thread Information