Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 15/2
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Lucky View Post
    I have to agree with the above. Even if upgrade were a year and you flow in three years, I would still not come to envoy. As difficult as it is to maintain a marriage, have kids, this would be the last place I would go, or recommend. Wth the worst schedules in the industry, envoy is truly a potential home wrecker.
    Amen buddy. Young people are naive and that has been proven with the recent influx of new hires. 73 hard lines in ord next month. I am not a smart man and am terrible at maths. Thing is, I'm about a minute from getting my "selection" to go to the dark side. Looking at the latest numbers, I could bid every hard line and still not hold one. That sir is the reality of things. Numbers don't lie and the numbers this place are putting out just don't add up. Kids, beware of your choices in life. You might just end up miserable like me.

Job
    Right Seat Humor Expert
    A/C Flown
    N401UA, N402UA, N403UA, etc. etc. etc.
    Divorces
    Envoy, 2014, Irreconcilable Differences
    Level
    Overall activity: 81.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 24/1
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

Had a serious conversation with a friend the other day who's considering a career change from aviation maintenance to flying. (Already a rated pilot with 1200 total time). With his home life and family situation, I had to recommend pursuing only opportunities that would give him a DFW base. Envoy would be the most obvious choice when he gets the rest of his hours, as he's not competitive for AA, SWA, or even NK right now. Expressjet's DFW operation is small and Mesa's likely is temporary.
    However, because I was more interested in telling him the truth than keeping the flow engine running long enough for Dacuj to escape, I had to tell him that even being home based in DFW with envoy, he can expect to be gone for all but his 11 days off per month, and even for those junior mans and extensions are business as usual. He may move off of reserve and into line holder status after some time, but then he'll still be gone for all but 11 days a month and junior manned and so forth. Envoy can provide the base he needs, but the degree to which he'll be gone, tired, burned out, discouraged, depressed, home-sick, etc is not commesurate with anywhere else in the industry. It's just not worth it, even with flow. Maybe if you don't have a wife, or kids, or a home, or a dog that you enjoy being with more than you enjoying sitting in a La Quinta, the flow is a sell. But for someone who has or hopes to have a life, envoy's QOL has sadly become a dealbreaker. For the majority of the 7 years I spent in the right seat at Eagle, I bid efficient 2 day trips that gave me about half the month off and I saw my family for atleast a part of every day. Those days are long gone, and for what reason? Guaranteed flow? No, for vindictive Parker to punish eagle's pilots for a 75% no vote on pointless concessions by giving away mid day flying to other carriers that can't even handle it.
    That's the truth as I'm told it. If anyone here wants to present a different story on QOL, and has the grapes to sit down with my buddy, I'll buy the beer.
    Last edited by 11yrpay-WentToUA; 02-12-2017 at 08:52 PM.

A/C Flown
    Airbus
    Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 40/3
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    Congratulation on your flow. Hope you enjoy it at AA.

I do find it quite funny at those here who slam the company and the flow. The very mechanism that is taking you to AA is bashed by many on here.
    The best thing about Envoy is it's mechanism for getting out. What does that tell you? When it was Eagle, it was a decent place to work. Then they decided to dismantle it. Too bad because it didn't have to be that way.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 526/34
    Given: 582/14

Ignore User

but it gave a premature birth to the great DACUJ.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Frequent PosterActivity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 526/34
    Given: 582/14

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacuj View Post
    I'm sorry you were trapped in the lost decade and things have not worked in your favor and seemingly have spiraled out of control from there.

However, it's not "like it was back when we were Eagle" now. The flow is a necessary recruiting tool and it works. It's also very real and AAG has honored it to the letter. I can only assume you are upset that a 1500 hour CFI can hire on today and be at AA in 2022.

Maybe you are just a disgruntled Envoy lifer now. That said, Envoy isn't even half as bad as the picture you paint. Most think things here are pretty rosy. We are looking at more 175s and there are whispers of LA opening. Life is good here. Get with the program.

Name them, those that think this place is rosy.
    I got another one for you, envoy ord base is closing and handed over to psa and skw, it is half way there and the MEC is silent once again. LA base, wait let me take a shi+, because all those pilots in LAX base a gone prick, who gives a dick about an lax base, the MIAMI pilot, so then it is true that AA shut down our bases just to F us over, just because they could.
    Your a joke, going around swining a used condom over your head yelling flow baby.

By the way you idiot, the 1500 cfi getiing hired here today and flowing to aa by 2022 is a wilson blow hole dream, for that to happen they will have to shut this place down. besides those 1500 hour guys are fools, we have 200 hour non cfi hires flowing next year.

But either way this place sucks as you do. when you get 300 E175's flown by envoy pilots then come and talk until then this is a shi+ hole company and all you have is a flow that the pilot must sucumb to all the shi+ that you and this company will throw at these pilots.

you have nothing but a narcotic business plan. Give it away cheap to get them hooked then triple the price, just like your flow. Come to envoy for the flow to aa, then when they get here the hook \is keeping them here by abusing them with everything the stinks about envoy.

Oh, tricky pricky, the 824 is arbitrated azz hole, let aag f u c k with it and see how fast they are brought to court. After the 824 is an open question waiting to see aag response.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Overall activity: 24.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/2
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    [/B]
    Name them, those that think this place is rosy.
    I got another one for you, envoy ord base is closing and handed over to psa and skw, it is half way there and the MEC is silent once again. LA base, wait let me take a shi+, because all those pilots in LAX base a gone prick, who gives a dick about an lax base, the MIAMI pilot, so then it is true that AA shut down our bases just to F us over, just because they could.
    Your a joke, going around swining a used condom over your head yelling flow baby.

By the way you idiot, the 1500 cfi getiing hired here today and flowing to aa by 2022 is a wilson blow hole dream, for that to happen they will have to shut this place down. besides those 1500 hour guys are fools, we have 200 hour non cfi hires flowing next year.

But either way this place sucks as you do. when you get 300 E175's flown by envoy pilots then come and talk until then this is a shi+ hole company and all you have is a flow that the pilot must sucumb to all the shi+ that you and this company will throw at these pilots.

you have nothing but a narcotic business plan. Give it away cheap to get them hooked then triple the price, just like your flow. Come to envoy for the flow to aa, then when they get here the hook \is keeping them here by abusing them with everything the stinks about envoy.

Oh, tricky pricky, the 824 is arbitrated azz hole, let aag f u c k with it and see how fast they are brought to court. After the 824 is an open question waiting to see aag response.
    That...was poetic.

Newbie Member
    Base
    ORD
    Job
    Complain
    A/C Flown
    CRJ
    Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0

Ignore User

11yrpay,

I can tell your buddy what a strain it will put on his family. I'd be happy to tell him how little time I get to spend with my daughters, and how upset they are because of it. My 12 yr old is taking it the worst, it breaks my heart to see what it's doing to her. The flow isn't worth it, and as much as I'd like to fly for AA, it's just not going to happen (at least not from flowing from here). Two days off between trips with a commute...what a joke.

A/C Flown
    Airbus
    Level
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 40/3

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by use2fly View Post
    11yrpay,

I can tell your buddy what a strain it will put on his family. I'd be happy to tell him how little time I get to spend with my daughters, and how upset they are because of it. My 12 yr old is taking it the worst, it breaks my heart to see what it's doing to her. The flow isn't worth it, and as much as I'd like to fly for AA, it's just not going to happen (at least not from flowing from here). Two days off between trips with a commute...what a joke.
    Best post on the thread.

Thread Information