Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 119/12
    Given: 50/6

Ignore User

And the good news??

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    From the APC AMR thread. Courtesy aa73.

Another 150 letters going out this week. 58 accepted recall for Feb.
    Manning has asked for 50/month through August, then increasing to 70-80 per month. Flight Admin is also spooling up the pilot recruitment office, so they are expecting to start hiring sooner rather than later.

Something big is obviously afoot, I'm thinking a big E190/195 order. Because the manning numbers don't add up for our current/future aircraft order/aircraft retirement schedule.

Stay tuned, and welcome back furloughees!
    Trying to be optimistic today(wife's orders) so here's hoping all that want to get to AA have an opportunity, and soon. Good luck to those looking for other flying, and let's hope AE, or whatever the F they're gonna call it, remains in business long enough for our senior buddies to safely retire and exit this rat race.

Cheers!
    Always smooth.

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 110/11
    Given: 37/2

Ignore User

And the good news??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Thank god something positive

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/12
    Given: 6/7

Ignore User

I hate to be the Debbie Downer but has anyone been able to confirm if management can withhold the numbered guys per letter 3? I know we are having issues finding new guys and this witholding is something I can see our $h!!ty management doing.

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

And the good news??

I'm curious about the letter 3 numbered pilots vs. the 824/protected pilot groups. Letter 3 withholding applies to the 244, but does it apply to the rest? What prevents the movement of pilots around the blocked group? Not saying I'm for screwing the 244, but I'm not willing to help the company screw us all with another destroyed flow thru promise either.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

I don't really think it's going to matter. Why would they withhold numbered pilots and allow 824 pilots to be preferentially hired? Makes no sense.

I still don't see the reason for the 600+ newhires they hope to get. Even with a strong flow(heh), it seems a/c retirements will cancel out most. If the rumoured increase in AA hiring comes to fruition, we could have 35-40 slots per month theoretically. Maybe they hope to take as many as they can to lower the longevity around here. Pissing on ORD could very well give them this desired effect.
    Always smooth.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Because team Tony are not numbered. Also most senior are eagle rights now in the 824.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 22/12
    Given: 6/7

Ignore User

I honestly don't see the ORD flying leaving that quick which gives the senior ORD guys some time to make a decision. Ultimately I can see why AMR will want the E175 in ORD to compete with UA so most likely ORD as a base for Eagle will be either gone or shrunk. This sucks.... pretty awful news for ORD guys or commuters like me that prefer ORD.
    Previously BeangleGuy

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/8
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I don't know but I can say after all my years here we are nothing more than a part that moves this thing. AMR is not worried about staffing, people, hireing or feelings. It business. Maybe we will get something. I think even ComAir got 5 or 10 CRJ 900's. For a short time.

Fact is its a business. They are doing what they need to do. And you need to look after yourself. You don't even work for a company at this point. I have run out of excuses to give myself and I am working hard to get out. I would recommend everyone do the same and if we are wrong. GOOD....

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 33/1
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    flugschlafen, as I and a few others have already posted, take ANY rumor you hear from the Schoolhouse and consider it false. Rumors almost always start as "a guy I spoke with, who spoke with someone in management (well, it MUST be true then) at the schoolhouse, said..." Most of us who've been here a while just roll our eyes and say "uh huh".

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ThisGuy View Post
    I honestly don't see the ORD flying leaving that quick which gives the senior ORD guys some time to make a decision. Ultimately I can see why AMR will want the E175 in ORD to compete with UA so most likely ORD as a base for Eagle will be either gone or shrunk. This sucks.... pretty awful news for ORD guys or commuters like me that prefer ORD.
    It's an 18 month implimentation schedule sarting this summer to 1st Q 2015. That's about 2 years from now. The question is, is how big will ORD remain for this airline ? If the draw-down schedule can be identified, pilots could better plan their options. Sounds as only the very senior will hold ORD as hard schedule captains in 2 years and since ORD is limited in slots, anything RAH takes will cost Eagle (and I'm sure AA).

What is ORD's current Eagle fleet count ?

That would give an idea of the starting point, if RAH brings in 53 E-175's (and who knows how many future options).

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

FO Winkley response...

Attention all American Eagle and Executive Airlines Pilots
    Reference: More on this morning’s American/ Republic announcement
    I have received several pilot inquiries regarding this morning’s announcement that American Airlines has signed a capacity purchase agreement with Republic to provide large regional jet flying.
    First, while Eagle would have welcomed the opportunity to provide this flying, the announcement was consistent with previous communications between American and Eagle and is in line with what we expected. In March 2012, American shared with us their business plan clearly detailing their strategy to better match network supply with demand by utilizing larger regional aircraft, as well as growing and diversifying its regional feed. “Diversifying” in this context meant that American, like other major US carriers, wants to use more than just one regional carrier to grow its feed. American’s recent agreements with SkyWest, ExpressJet, and Republic’s Chautauqua Airlines subsidiary are reflective of how American has executed this strategy in the past.
    Secondly, Eagle is on track to execute on our own business plan, which projects the replacement of our smaller jets with larger ones. We are working closely with American and the aircraft manufacturers to put together a comprehensive plan to access these large regional aircraft. These conversations with aircraft manufacturers are active and ongoing. A firm end date for these discussions has not been established, but they are a high and active priority for our leadership.
    Most importantly, there will be no base closures or flight crews furloughed as a result of this agreement. As many of you already know, we are currently hiring, and will continue with our plan to hire 400-500 pilots in 2013. In the spirit of full disclosure, some pilots may be displaced to other Eagle domiciles. These displacements will be handled in complete accordance with our collective bargaining agreement. We regret having to displace anybody, but this is sometimes necessary in order for us to respond to American’s network optimization needs.
    My views are in sync with Dan Garton’s in that I am very confident and optimistic about our airline’s future. A more detailed Q&A is posted on Jetnet but please don’t hesitate to reach out to me should you have any additional questions. There are still many moving pieces to this agreement, and while I may not have all the answers, everything possible will be done to keep you as current and up-to-date on this news as possible.
    Finally, I ask that you put 100% to the task at hand, and that is to deliver our passengers safely, comfortably and as close to on time as possible. Continue to fly safe, and thank you for the job you do every day,
    Jim Winkley
    972-425-1955
    - - - Updated - - -

As many of you already know, we are currently hiring, and will continue with our plan to hire 400-500 pilots in 2013
    Down from 600 I see.
    Always smooth.

Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 114/9

Ignore User

Where in the h@$* does someone find 500 pilots with the required time? Does anyone know if they met the 100 they needed end of 2012? I heard they could not get more than 20 or so!

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

They are not unknown airline name paxs. They are aa's. Don't like my treatment you now have other feeders to send them on. When MGT can guarantee the pilots here there future rather than play word games maybe then I will care. Until then don't care.

The cluster fu** has begun.

Oh by the way, team Tony have been running around for three years saying 5 years is a long term contract for an asa feed contract, well republic got 12 years, skw got 4 years and they are just a filler for now. So far no gains kusy reduction hete under team tony protection.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

=KEITH STONE;2393]FO Winkley response...

- - - Updated - - -

Down from 600 I see.[/QUOTE]

Until AE can say and show to new hires that they will one day work for AA. 500 or 600 is just purely delusional. I can't even believe that AE think they will attract anything even close to this number. Just ask the recruiter a question such as how many aircraft do AE have or plan to have and they say hmmmm don't know. I can't believe we are all just following like lambs to the slaughter. We need to show AMR how valuable we are.....they took notice when AA protested. I mean we, bad water, and Skywest (ASA, etc) provide the feed. Can AA replace us overnight ? NO! Can they slowly grind away at us and replace us part by part. YES. This is the direction we are going.

Prior to the vote I was amazed how many senior captains wanted to vote yes to protect their job. Well I hope this is the kind of protection that you wanted!!!

Level
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Well, Winkley is an AA flow thru, yet curiously uses terms like "our airline" in regard to how he sees his future at AE, as well as "on track to execute" and "project" regarding that future which lacks a lot of confidence and certainty. Plenty of room for future back-peddling on this if you ask me. Again, I don't see ORD closing (or this airline dissolving), but ask him if management will demand or require future concessions to win more of your current flying and see what certainties you get. More lollipop dispensing AFAIC and whatever lies ahead, I think you guys are being stroked by all parties.................again.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I can't believe we are all just following like lambs to the slaughter. We need to show AMR how valuable we are.....they took notice when AA protested. I mean we, bad water, and Skywest (ASA, etc) provide the feed. Can AA replace us overnight ? NO! Can they slowly grind away at us and replace us part by part. YES. This is the direction we are going.
    That ship sailed when you 75%ers rolled over and took it in the a$$. You think they're scared of us? Take us seriously? Would you?

One thing that this group has proven over and over again in my 15 years, is that the large majority are spineless yes men who are scared to death of losing their jobs. It doesn't matter if we're mad, since we lack the collective cajones to act.
    Always smooth.

Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 60/7
    Given: 114/9

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by KEITH STONE View Post
    That ship sailed when you 75%ers rolled over and took it in the a$$. You think they're scared of us? Take us seriously? Would you?

One thing that this group has proven over and over again in my 15 years, is that the large majority are spineless yes men who are scared to death of losing their jobs. It doesn't matter if we're mad, since we lack the collective cajones to act.
    Uhh, if the vote was majority no. They wouldnt have to tread so lightly. Now they have to think of new ways to dissolve us whilst still making us think some big re fleeting will occur or we will all just flow over to american and life will be happily ever after. See, we cant all leave at once, that would hinder the plan. i think its wise to leave, if you can. Waiting around to go to AA is kinda looking like a pipe dream. If you truly believe you will be flowing, you probably are not on this forum complaining.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Flydaddy22 View Post
    Uhh, if the vote was majority no. They wouldnt have to tread so lightly. Now they have to think of new ways to dissolve us whilst still making us think some big re fleeting will occur or we will all just flow over to american and life will be happily ever after. See, we cant all leave at once, that would hinder the plan. i think its wise to leave, if you can. Waiting around to go to AA is kinda looking like a pipe dream. If you truly believe you will be flowing, you probably are not on this forum complaining.
    I think this will play into their plan to be honest with you. Faced with the choice of the seemingly sinking Eagle or going to AA this may help those senior pilots decide. If they go then it will cut down our wage bill by a huge sum. It will give us movement and thus make it an attractive place. I don't think this is all doom and gloom. If they don't then good luck to them abandon ship lads abandon ship

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Whilst I agree that the majority of our pilot group are spineless. Things will have to change!!! Just wait until hiring starts elsewhere and its time to get the hell out of here. Then let's see how the company reacts. I mean there must be a plan, surely. They have to have some idea of how people will act when given the chance of employment at different carriers. The dynamic of this work group will change. The regional industry is going to change, we all know it. FTDT kicks in this winter. Let's see how they can cope with these rules. I bet a lot more are going to flow with this new announcement. Makes us cheaper and therefore better for AA. If they really and truly wanted to get rid of us they would have, don't you think?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 34/2
    Given: 24/1

Ignore User

+1!!!

The silver lining in this cloud is that this "airline" probably won't exist in another 4 years when the big concessions are due to hit.

Thread Information