Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/3
    Given: 2/0

Ignore User

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JWBOS View Post
    Is that allowed? I'm curious when the equipment lock in starts. If you are issued a base and equipment in class, at what point is the bid bypassed? For that matter, how long is the lock in? 1 year?
    If you have a delay between INDOC and ground school, you could be awarded a different status before you even start aircraft specific training.

Your first priority is base and equipment. Your second priority is equipment that is based where you want to be regardless of base. Many pilots have gotten a base they didn't want but have been awarded the base they wanted before they finished IOE. Listen to Earl.
    Last edited by 360DD; 09-02-2016 at 08:47 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 51/0
    Given: 5/4

Ignore User

A buddy was flowing into 75/76. He had a long delay to start systems training, the week before he started systems he was awarded a different aircraft, but in his home base. Just something to keep in mind.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 12/20
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Ok, I got in the Jumpseat today an AA. The FO was ex-eagle and looked up the seat lock. It's 6 months. However, there may be caveats that he didn't know about the US Air side or the 190. He said it shouldn't matter, it's the same contract.

He also backed up what Earl and 360DD said: put in the bid you want right away. If you are awarded the bid your bid is not bypassed, but you are withheld until you are able to transfer and will go in bid order ahead of senior people who may be awarded the same bid status during your lock-in.

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

There's only one 190 base. PHL

Good info!

If prob won't matter for you, but when we went over the bids were separate. US bids and LAA bids. You can't bid AA stuff in catcrew

Ask someone on the US side if its the same contract. After OCT 1 it should be a diffierent story.

Good discussion, should help some people coming over
    Last edited by Firebug; 09-03-2016 at 04:32 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

We are all under the same contract. The problem is the company has been dragging their feet implementing certain sections of the contract.

A/C Flown
    SF3, ATR, EMB, CRJ, A320
    Divorces
    Hunting accidents are cheap and unfortunate.
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 95/1
    Given: 27/3

Ignore User

I was given PHL originally but was awarded CLT before finishing Sim, effective four months later.

If you want it, put it in.

EVERYONE here has been amazing. Treated like an adult and a professional. Constantly asking how you're doing, what do you need, etc. I had to go to a walk in clinic during Indoc, and it was no big deal even though I missed some class time. At ENY it would've been a make up session or restart next class.

Biggest downside is IT. I still don't have FOS access and have had to ask (sometimes repeatedly) for other stuff like AA Pilots, CCI, etc. ENY has to put you out of their system before AA can let you in. A real PITA.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Level
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/3

Ignore User

Plus, the SLI list came out today too.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 1/3

Ignore User

IA DPE, email your boarding angels. They handle everything, even at this phase. However, with the us side just getting cci and other stuff, it is surely the IT stuff all fubared.
    But, welcome aboard! It is nice to finally be treated as an adult.

A/C Flown
    SF3, ATR, EMB, CRJ, A320
    Divorces
    Hunting accidents are cheap and unfortunate.
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 95/1
    Given: 27/3

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    IA DPE, email your boarding angels. They handle everything, even at this phase. However, with the us side just getting cci and other stuff, it is surely the IT stuff all fubared.
    But, welcome aboard! It is nice to finally be treated as an adult.
    I did 3-4 weeks ago, twice. No change.

Got the CP involved two weeks ago, twice. No change.

I'm out of ideas, but it's way above my pay grade.

Thanks for the welcome! Everyone has been great.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    As I have said before over here you are treated like an adult. They will bend over backwards to help you out. Glad to see that's still the case.

Has anyone brought this to the unions attention? I understand you position as basically new hires, but being able to put your bids in is VERY important. The access to DECS also affects your travel and ability to list for A travel.

On the bids at least the combined bid does not close until November 18.

A question for you guys that just went over, what were the bids open to you? Base and equipment.

Thanks and Congratulations on making it here.

In the SLI (I went over in 2013) I was 87% before and 87% after. Total number of pilots on list yesterday 15199, before there were 10049 just at LAA. Below is how the Arbitrators came up with their list.
    STEP ONE – Creation of a new East / West seniority list

• The Nicolau Award was not used.
    • The new East/West list integrates all pre-US Airways/American West merger West and East pilots on an 85% status & category / 15% longevity basis. (This list was constructed using 2013 job counts & longevity instead of the 2005 figures).
    • All MDA CEL & Third List pilots are placed at the bottom of this list in DOH order.

STEP TWO – Integration of the new East/West list with the Legacy AA list
    • Also using an 85% status & category / 15% longevity hybrid methodology.
    • Status & category based primarily upon JCBA pay categories
    - No adjustments were made to the ratios that existed as of December 9, 2013 (e.g. no 75% adjustment of ratio numbers as proposed by AAPSIC)
    - No combining of Group IV FO / Group II CA or Group II FO / Group I CA.
    • Longevity calculated according to West proposal
    -Longevity = time at mainline less furlough time, using DOH for US Airways pilots and Hire Date for LAA pilots
    -No longevity credit for Letter T, MDA, or Eagle.

STEP THREE – Addition of Constructive Notice Pilots
    • Those pilots who were hired after December 9, 2013, regardless of whether they were assigned to American, East, or West flying – are ordered on the basis of their occupational dates, determined in accordance with the June 20, 2016 Letter of Agreement between American Airlines and APA.

CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS – Group IV fence
    • Protection of 454 Group IV captain positions for LAA pilots and 183 Group IV captain positions for LUS-East pilots through 12/31/2020.
    • LUS-West pilots are entitled to use their system seniority to bid for Group IV captain positions in excess of those minimum numbers.
    • The protections do not extend to first officer positions (e.g. West pilots may use their seniority bid for Group IV First Officer positions without restriction).

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Another bunch of paperwork just arrived today, it seems that being sent to the US Airways side requires associated paperwork for that division still. W4, employee handbook/discrimination type requirements. In addition to the flight times you're going to need to scan and send copies of your passport, pilot cert, medical, and radio station license. They also said a good quality photo would do. A lot of this is due in a hurry, I think it's a little rushed because letter T drew to a fast close and they needed to fill some classes quickly.

Level
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 56/2
    Given: 1/3

Ignore User

We had to do the same on AA side. Most of it was done through the on boarding process. Still had to copy all docs.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Everything is filled out and mailed, emailed or completed online. There's very little done with actually talking to anyone. Honestly, I don't think this is a "sit back, relax..." situation. There's lots of paperwork, some I've received requires quick turnaround, which is difficult when the request arrives as you start a 4 day trip and can't access the info or have no ability to print, copy and or scan. Doesn't help that envoy has me working the better part of the month and right up to my travel day. I'm not complaining, I've been able to complete everything even if a little late. Everyone responds quickly via email if I have a question, so that's great. Just a little frustration on my part trying to get it all done while dodging 4 day trips.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/1
    Given: 51/9

Ignore User

I'm disappointed the company only chose 20 pilots from the selection site. It's better than nothing but I'm not holding out much hope for 30 pilots to flow in October

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Tex View Post
    I'm disappointed the company only chose 20 pilots from the selection site. It's better than nothing but I'm not holding out much hope for 30 pilots to flow in October
    Doesn't that 20 make 40 in the pool?

Newbie Member
    Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by JWBOS View Post
    Everything is filled out and mailed, emailed or completed online. There's very little done with actually talking to anyone. Honestly, I don't think this is a "sit back, relax..." situation. There's lots of paperwork, some I've received requires quick turnaround, which is difficult when the request arrives as you start a 4 day trip and can't access the info or have no ability to print, copy and or scan. Doesn't help that envoy has me working the better part of the month and right up to my travel day. I'm not complaining, I've been able to complete everything even if a little late. Everyone responds quickly via email if I have a question, so that's great. Just a little frustration on my part trying to get it all done while dodging 4 day trips.
    Can't say you weren't warned :-)

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Updated/cleaned up version. Copy/sticky if you want.

Flow timeline as of September 2016

1. Your name gets an award date by it on the company election site. If you haven't already, get your PRIA and NDR filled out and sent in ASAP. All that stuff is on the envoy flow info part of the company website. Worth noting, as of the time of writing this the directions are conflicting as to who to send the forms to. There are two different addresses that they say to send the paperwork to.. I used the one on the web page, not the PRIA form. It must've worked, I got FAA mail noting the request had been made.

2. Here's where you need to be sure you're using your AA.com inbox. It's used extensively for this process. It starts with getting a message from someone at the company asking to be sure to complete your PRIA and NDR.

3. Here's the message you've been waiting for. It's a simple and brief welcome message and assignment of a class date. There it is, you're going to AA. Now get back to work. I got less than a month's notice, so be prepared to start jumping through hoops.

4. Attached to #3 is the requirement to go pee in a cup. There are a limited number of locations for this to be done, and a lot close early. (11 AM). Luckily the lady that was handling the scheduling for this was able to work out a time at the end of a trip in ORD and got the location to stay open a little late to get me in. You'll also get fingerprinted. It takes about 45 minutes to do everything, so if you've got a tight commute you may want to list for a slightly later flight.

5. #3 tells you to go fill out your pilot profile. It's pretty quick, instructions are included. You'll need some basic personal history info for this, but if you're flowing soon it'll be easy as you've been employed here for 10+ years. You'll need some aircraft and flight time info, but you can get all of it from DECS unless you've been doing outside flying that you need to include.

6. After fingerprinting/drug test I got another email to fill out some history for a background check. Dig up your most recent schooling dates, it's needed. They specify only the most recent. My old school docs have been buried under no less than a half-dozen moves across almost as many States, so hopefully this will give all of you fair warning to go find it and have it accessible.

Here it may start to differ and someone else is going to have to fill in the info for the AA side. We were the last class to get the US Airways side, the next class is AA, but the caveat is that it's all AA from this point on due to the seniority list integration and it's possible to be assigned CLT/190 or PHX/319 as an AA flow. Everything after this point is Airways specific as far as I know, but there may be some similarities.

7. You're going to get a few more emails that are going to require either filling out, scanning and returning documents or they'll need to be sent via mail. You'll need some more personal info, flight times (to be entered for FTDT monitoring), and copies of class 1 medical, passport, FCC and pilot certs. These can be scanned and returned via email. Just FYI, the medical needs to remain valid for 3 months beyond the time you start class, so if your medical expires during that period you'll need to get a new one. The passport must be valid for 6 months. The rest of the paperwork will have to be mailed in. It will be things related to W-4 forms, security and the like.

8. You'll get contacted to set up your travel for yourself to training and your guest to the welcome dinner. It's done for you, you just need to provide the airport you'll be using and some info about your guest.

9. You'll get a packet in the mail with your class date, location, times and schedule along with instructions to login and start entering info online during your first week of class. Van times, etc., standard training center stuff. It also looks like we're scheduled to be allowed to travel home on the days off? Anyone care to tell if this is a realistic thing to do? It's not apparent how much of our previous AAG/envoy info will carry over. The paperwork says we will be issued ID numbers in class (we already have ID and employee numbers as flows) and access to NRTP to list for flights, but who knows how much is going to get dumped or restricted in the transition.

10. That's all, folks. Good luck to everyone.

There was nothing along the way that required any special effort or outside help (other than the drug testing) to complete because of tight scheduling and my distance from available testing centers. The CP office didn't know anything about our class date until 3 weeks prior, I'd already been doing all the paperwork and drug testing before they were informed. I also got an advance call letting me know I was going to the Airways side, but seeing as everything is AA for following classes I don't think there will be further calls about any sides.
    There's also no relief if your schedule butts up against your departure to AA. Good luck getting a PVD or a drop. After talking to a few people it's not uncommon to get zero time off for the transition, one even commuted straight to DFW after finishing a trip. My class didn't get notified of a class date until after bids closed, so no luck bidding around it. Hopefully others will have more lead time. The CP office will eventually call and ask to set up an "exit interview", which I gathered from the phone conversation is basically Don't leave without giving us our iPad back. That's all I've got. Finishing this 4 day, one night at home to dump my envoy stuff out of the kit bag and get some clean laundry, then off to a new start. Hope everyone gets over ASAP, see you there.

Company
    AEA
    Base
    Home
    A/C Flown
    SF-3,CRJ7
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/0

Ignore User

Thanks for the info! Good luck on the next adventure!

Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Awards:
    Activity Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 127/1
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

Mazol tov

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

26 in class, 8 of which (give or take) are WO in the 9/20 class.

Thread Information