Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 48/6
    Given: 1/3

Ignore User

How much trouble is RAH in?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This morning thier stock is down almost 50%.
    law suits and labor issues.
    I have also heard FAA investigations.
    a bunch of VIPs are selling their shares.
    Whats really next for RAH? Does AAG have a back up plan?
    Are they going bankrupt?

Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 64/1
    Given: 23/0

Ignore User

I feel sorry for the employees who have been hurt by Bedford's greed. The unfortunate thing in a situation like this is, while the employees are the one most hurt if they do shut down, senior management often have a golden parachute set aside for themselves.

Oh, and isn't the former Eagle president/slime ball used car salesman on the BOD over there?
    Last edited by BOHICA; 07-27-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Created Album pictures1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 4/8
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

I have been watching Republic as well. I would suspect they will be just fine. It is rather common to see corporations make funny adjustments to numbers. That might be in earnings or stock value during intense negotiations. I have watched many corporations in different industries do this.

They have stated that they are not able to do some flying in 2015 and early 2016 because of labor disputes. So what happens in 2016 when they can magically again do the contacted work?

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveSocialVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 137/37

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by maxforwardspeed View Post
    I have been watching Republic as well. I would suspect they will be just fine. It is rather common to see corporations make funny adjustments to numbers. That might be in earnings or stock value during intense negotiations. I have watched many corporations in different industries do this.

They have stated that they are not able to do some flying in 2015 and early 2016 because of labor disputes. So what happens in 2016 when they can magically again do the contacted work?
    Re-open MIA with Envoy' junior CA's now that the senior CA's have gone to AA and some have retired. The plan all this time? IMHO.
    I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Republic Airways Holdings Inc. tumbled the most ever, losing half its value, after saying a worsening pilot shortage may create more disruptions in flights it makes for larger carriers.
    Talks are under way with American, Delta and United airlines to possibly reduce regional flying the rest of this year and into 2016, Republic said late Friday. The Indianapolis-based company also disclosed that it hired Seabury Group to evaluate options for its future.
    Republic is suffering a dearth of pilots after the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration boosted the required flight experience for first officers by sixfold to 1,500 hours and set new limits on duty times, the airline said.
    Attrition among existing workers has grown...
    Last edited by NoOtPilot; 07-27-2015 at 11:05 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    DownloadsPosting Award
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

The Company anticipates continued operational disruption related to the ongoing labor dispute and the growing national pilot labor shortage. The Company has initiated discussions with our mainline partners to take the necessary actions to both temporarily and permanently reduce scheduled flying commitments for the remainder of 2015 and the first half of 2016. In light of the anticipated fleet reductions, the Company is rescinding all previously issued financial and operational guidance.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Well,
    I guess after all, our 175s are not going to be as shiny and new as we were expecting.
    This is pure speculation, but I am willing to make a bet that this is going to happen.
    RAH can not afford to pay its pilots, the best way to get cheap labor is to declare Bankruptcy.
    I can see this happening very soon.
    This is a snowball effect and people are only going to continue to leave that place.
    I feel sorry for those guys, but they are doing what is right. They stood and are still atanding for what should be
    fair wages in this industry.
    Mesas TA is coming up also, we will see what those guys want the future to be.
    I think we are starting to see that PIC time is no longer the golden ticket it used to be. Its a very dynamic industry.
    Just two years ago on August 1st 2013 RAH initiated flying for American Airlines in their brand new 175s.
    Now we will see whats next for us and other regionals. I believe the best that other pilots can do for Our republic brothers is to not be a PSA look a like. We talk about a national seniority list and blah blah blah, its time to show national unity.
    It takes qualified pilots to operate regional equipment and our skills are not very inferior to a person flying at majors, why shouldn't out pay reflect the same.
    Mesa, when your TA comes around believe it that you will probably take flying from RAH if you do it cheap, but is that really business savvy for the long term of your company?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by NoOtPilot View Post
    Republic Airways Holdings Inc. tumbled the most ever, losing half its value, after saying a worsening pilot shortage may create more disruptions in flights it makes for larger carriers.
    Talks are under way with American, Delta and United airlines to possibly reduce regional flying the rest of this year and into 2016, Republic said late Friday. The Indianapolis-based company also disclosed that it hired Seabury Group to evaluate options for its future.
    Republic is suffering a dearth of pilots after the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration boosted the required flight experience for first officers by sixfold to 1,500 hours and set new limits on duty times, the airline said.
    Attrition among existing workers has grown...
    Seabury Group LLC is a global firm founded in 1995 with two principal groups, Seabury Advisory Group LLC (“SAG”) and Seabury Capital LLC (“SeaCap”). SAG is a global advisory practice with professionals on five continents and more than 15 countries covering Aviation, Aerospace & Defense, Financial Services, Government, Insurance, Logistics, Maritime, Transportation and related industries. SAG has partnered with more than 300 clients located in more than 50 countries on more than 1,150 engagements to solve complex challenges requiring consulting, investment banking, restructuring and/or information technology solutions.
    SeaCap owns and operates a number of specialty finance companies providing innovative cross-border financing for equipment and trade receivables as well as insurance-backed auto service and financial obligations. SeaCap recently launched a merchant banking to take minority equity positions in, and to provide debt financing to, middle market companies. SeaCap also owns software companies providing enterprise solutions to airlines, aerospace companies and institutional market-makers in foreign exchange and other financial markets.

Company
    A great one
    Base
    Home Based
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    SF340, E145, B767
    Level
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteranSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 370/50
    Given: 75/9

Ignore User

Hummmm; sounds like... They can't staff it.

Where have we heard that before?

We told them 2 years ago that when those new planes begin arriving they wouldn't be able to staff it.

We also told them that industry contraction and consolidation would follow. It's almost there. Last year it was turboprop operators; now it's starting with the jet operators.

Level
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 138/6
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

So let me get this straight. We told them that, the other regionals wouldn't be able to staff their flying. Yet they continue to violate our contract. Run an airline that is way overstaffed, yet due to their treachery, under staffed. How about a GD quality of life adjustment. Embraer flying in NY closes in 1 month. Does any EMB pilot left in NY know his fate come sept 1. I know it's something small to ask, but is it possible that I can know my future so I can make some plans.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/5
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Not in a bad way but I hope we get some of our flying back that they gained from us voting no and even yes in our contract negosiations.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Check your 3* before the 15th every month is about the best your going to get as guarantee for your future and that goes for everyone not just the NY guys

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

Satellite bases. Close NY and MIA just to re-open them later as Satellite bases. Expect work rule changes applicable to satellite bases to benefit the company.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

No satellite bases on company terms. They can stick it as rah is.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Say NO to satellite bases!!!!!
    If we do get one, lets keep commuter hotel rules.

Another landslide for RAH stock today mid trading already 10% down.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Can't be selfish for those guys that want to satellite bases so they can stop commuting and continue living in base once again and will still keep the hotel policy stop sound selfish

Base
    LAX/ORD/LGA/DFW
    A/C Flown
    SF3/EMB/CRJ
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/0
    Given: 5/0

Ignore User

I do not know if RAH will survive this blow. Current stock price fell to $3.23... There is nothing to gain by CH7, nothing to abrogate from the employees. I am curious how MGT thinks their TA (with increased costs) will bail them out.

Maybe the accountants are adjusting the books to force labor to agree to the proposed TA. Induced seppuku? Crazy.

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by 787captain View Post
    Can't be selfish for those guys that want to satellite bases so they can stop commuting and continue living in base once again and will still keep the hotel policy stop sound selfish
    Are you drunk posting? This the second post you've made that I haven't got the foggiest idea what the point is you're trying to make.

Hotel policy? What?
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

The RAH situation is the first wave of what many have been talking about for years. The only way to attract pilots to an airline is to pay them or offer them a career. RAH refuses to do either and now they are paying the price. Envoy has the flow, but so do other airlines. Even that isn't good enough if management treats its employees badly.

It is not in the major airline's best financial interests to see their feed collapse. Those international and coast-to-coast heavies won't fill themselves nor would it be cheaper to fly an A320 carrying 40-70 passengers from Mexico or medium-sized US cities.

The Wall Street Journal's view on this is pretty good.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/pilot-sh...ice-1438016508
    Republic Airways Holdings Inc. said a worsening pilot shortage is forcing it to cut its flying for big U.S. airlines, hurting the regional carrier’s profit and sending its stock plummeting by half.

Republic, which flies about 1,250 flights a day for big U.S. airlines, said it had reduced flying by 4% in the second quarter and is discussing further cuts with its airline partners through the first half of 2016—some of the biggest tangible effects of a pilot shortage in the U.S.

Shares in Republic fell 56% to $3.77 on the Nasdaq Stock Market on Monday, near a three-year low and off 74% this year.

Republic attributed its problems in part to a series of new government rules. In August 2013, the Federal Aviation Administration raised the minimum flight experience required for most commercial passenger pilots to 1,500 hours from 250, increasing the time and cost to become a pilot. In January 2014, the agency also began requiring more rest for pilots, reducing their productivity by 5% to 7%, Republic said.

Republic said in a news release late Friday that those changes, combined with a continuing labor dispute with its pilots, are leaving it with too few aviators to fly the schedules demanded by its three airline partners: American Airlines Group Inc., United Continental Holdings Inc. and Delta Air Lines Inc. Republic said it expects to shrink its fleet as a result.

Regional carriers such as Republic operate roughly half of all domestic flights in the U.S. and carry about 20% of the passengers. Republic is the second-largest U.S. regional carrier, after SkyWest Inc.
    There is much debate within the U.S. airline industry over what is causing the tight supply of pilots. The major pilot unions have said there is no shortage of qualified pilots, only a shortage of those who are willing to work for the low pay the airlines offer.

The major airlines have said they aren’t struggling to find pilots, though the difficulties of their regional-airline partners are having an impact. United, for example, attributed some of its cuts at its former Cleveland hub last year to its regional partners’ shortage of pilots.

The Government Accountability Office said in a report last year that it “found mixed evidence regarding the extent of a shortage of airline pilots.”

Republic last year removed 27 of its 243 aircraft from service because of a lack of pilots. Republic Chief Executive Bryan Bedford said in an interview at the time that “the short-term answer is the aviation industry is just going to get smaller.”

Republic has been unable to reach a new labor contract with its 2,200 unionized pilots since 2007. Republic said the lack of a new contract is leading more pilots to leave and is hurting its ability to attract new aviators.

The company said it has offered its pilots compensation and work rules that would put them ahead of their peers, but the aviators rejected the proposal last year. Negotiations have been stalled since April, though talks are scheduled for this week. Republic said in the news release, “due to the [pilots union’s] unrealistic bargaining position, the company cannot predict with any certainty a timeline for resolution.”

Republic on Friday said its second-quarter profit would be between $4 million and $5 million, or eight to 10 cents a share. Prior guidance had estimated earnings between 20 cents and 30 cents a share. Republic rescinded all previously issued financial guidance and analysts dramatically downgraded their estimates and ratings for the carrier.

Write to Jack Nicas at jack.nicas@wsj.com
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by ardvark View Post
    No satellite bases on company terms. They can stick it as rah is.
    Agreed. We've given up far too many concessions already to guarantee a flow that the company wants anyway.

Time for the company to start treating us like the essential employees we are.
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Thread Information