Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 138/6
    Given: 4/0

Ignore User

Republic to use MIA crew room

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I heard from a source in the Miami CPO that Republic will be sharing our crew room in Miami when there base opens up. Anyone able to confirm or deny?

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

Haven't heard that one but it doesn't surprise me since it's cost effective.

Let's remember that it is in management's best interests that pilots fight each other. It's NOT in management's best interests to have union pilots stand together for a common cause.

Airline managers whipsaw because it works for them. It is in our best interests to not let the whipsawing affect us by not playing their game.
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 51/18
    Given: 3/1

Ignore User

Not to debunk this rumor, but just FYI...that's the exact same rumor we heard in ORD when RAH came in, hasn't happened yet.
    Last edited by Orchard; 08-28-2014 at 10:55 AM.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 5/5
    Given: 0/1

Ignore User

Confirmed by the CPO they are in November in fact sharing

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 27/7
    Given: 4/1

Ignore User

Well they r not " in the same" room in ord just adjacent, havent you seen the dungeon skywest occupies there?

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 151/5
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 787captain View Post
    Confirmed by the CPO they are in November in fact sharing
    If true, we shouldn't have any problem with it because they voted "no" and held the line with the majority of us. If anything, we should bond with these guys, and demonstrate to management that unity which they despise.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 31/14
    Given: 32/5

Ignore User

They didn't hold the line on sht. Not sure why people believe this. They voted down something with absolutely nothing to lose and no threats of Comairing so of course they voted no. If they had our deal and our threats they would have voted it in easily. Fck RAH, they are a major part of the problem. People keep going there when they have one of the worst contracts ever, which causes us to lose flying as well. So yeah, make friends with them while they continue to undercut you and take all your MIA flying. Maybe they will help you move when the Envoy base closes.
    Last edited by mustang; 08-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    They didn't hold the line on sht. Not sure why people believe this. They voted down something with absolutely nothing to lose and no threats of Comairing so of course they voted no. If they had our deal and our threats they would have voted it in easily. Fck RAH, they are a major part of the problem. People keep going there when they have one of the worst contracts ever, which causes us to lose flying as well. So yeah, make friends with them while they continue to undercut you and take all your MIA flying. Maybe they will help you move when the Envoy base closes.
    Maybe you missed out on a few facts, such as the fact that the RAH pilots voted down an offer that was an improvement upon what they have now. They're been eating their turd sandwich for several years, and still did the right thing. We have had to live side-by-side with them up in ORD for a while now. Initially, before the vote, we have them a hard time, projecting our anger at those who got "our" planes. I've had several apologize to me without any prompt, and we agree that all if us are in the same side if this fight...(except for PSA).

Your attitude sucks and anger is misplaced. Maybe you should project your anger at those who have in fact stabbed us in the back. Have a happy day

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellowhawke View Post
    Maybe you missed out on a few facts, such as the fact that the RAH pilots voted down an offer that was an improvement upon what they have now. They're been eating their turd sandwich for several years, and still did the right thing. We have had to live side-by-side with them up in ORD for a while now. Initially, before the vote, we have them a hard time, projecting our anger at those who got "our" planes. I've had several apologize to me without any prompt, and we agree that all if us are in the same side if this fight...(except for PSA).

Your attitude sucks and anger is misplaced. Maybe you should project your anger at those who have in fact stabbed us in the back. Have a happy day
    Walking past them in the terminal at ORD is one thing, sharing a crew room with them in MIA is something completely different, and any Envoy pilot has every right to be pissed about this.

This reminds me of the America West-US Air merger. Throw them all into the same room and let'em duke it out. Typical US air mgt tactics.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Stringfellowhawke View Post

Also before you go defending your buddies at RAH, I'd like to remind you what happened with the Midwest pilots when RAH moved in. Did the Midwest pilots get their due in that transaction? All RAH pilots saw was bigger airplanes and they didn't give a hoot about how or where the Midwest pilots landed.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Orchard View Post
    Also before you go defending your buddies at RAH, I'd like to remind you what happened with the Midwest pilots when RAH moved in. Did the Midwest pilots get their due in that transaction? All RAH pilots saw was bigger airplanes and they didn't give a hoot about how or where the Midwest pilots landed.
    Funny stuff coming from a "yes" voter... Anyway, I agree that sharing a crew room is beyond anything we should be asked to endure, but what is it you propose we do? Start a fist fight? Play right into management's hands? I don't have any buddies at RAH. I just try to behave like a mature professional when I have to interact with them on the road. Had they voted "yes," like PSA, the verbal gloves would probably come off. Say what you may, it will only work against us to fight among pilots. Just like east vs west at USAirways. Nothing good will ever come of it. The sooner we can learn to roll with the punches together, the sooner we can disarm the psychological games management favors.

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

20 years ago they mixed oil and water in DFW (Simmons/Wings West) and had some Simmons crews fly through the Flagship BNA hub who used the Eagle's nest there, so my guess is they think it will work again. MIA will be a test for the rest of the hubs.

Great way for Parker to jerk your chain for telling him to pack sand too.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Just go hang out in public and talk openly umongst yourselves, guaranteed mgt will be pissed.

Oh winkley was kind to inform us all of a web site and particular position being taken. Unfortunately his email was discriminating, harassing and intimidating not to mention since the union is not involved, it is not in violation of the railway labor act if you call in sick, it is a violation of tha FAR's if you come to work sick.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Orchard View Post
    Not to debunk this rumor, but just FYI...that's the exact same rumor we heard in ORD when RAH came in, hasn't happened yet.

I saw a skywest captain using the microwave in the ORD crew room. He wasn't really low key about it. He was on his cell phone the whole time and was a bit loud. I think the bathroom in there is pretty much gone to the rampers. Does anyone go in the crew room any more now that we have efbs?

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/2
    Given: 2/1

Ignore User

no one had to show him how to punch the buttons?
    where do they get these people?

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Kidnapped View Post
    Does anyone go in the crew room any more now that we have efbs?
    We were given EFBs?

Yes, check mailbox, grab kitbag, latest revisions, maybe a customs form or two, and charge my phone.

Level
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Maybe we are supplying them with help revisions. This way they can keep the cost to aag cheaper.

Thread Information