Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/5
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

Rumour Control MESA is meeting its Hiring Numbers

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Can anyone confirm???? Also heard that MESA maybe looking for more flying because they are reducing flying elsewhere and looking toward bigger aircraft to be profitable.

Side note on another rumour, Mesa maybe be the one AAG is going to give 20-25 aircraft to if we say No. Which we will :-)
    Any thoughts???

Company
    of wolves
    Base
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Job
    A to B
    A/C Flown
    for pay.
    Divorces
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 105/6
    Given: 890/93

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I can almost guarantee they will give whatever aircraft they can to someone if/when this TA gets voted down, as an I told you so... and in the hope they can strengthen their position.
    I doubt it will be many though, to who I don't know, it may even be zero given the current regional staffing climate.

In any event vote AGAINST.

Note how the message has weakened over time, and the TA has improved over time.
    They are holding zilch as a hand, and are bluffing all the way.

"We wont come back if you vote NO, we will Comair you"
    "We wont come back if you vote NO, we will give the aircraft to someone else"
    "We wont come back if you vote NO, we just sent out RFP's in the hope to get some offers"
    Last edited by FreeFlyFreak; 03-20-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Level
    Overall activity: 85.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

Ah hell you convinced me I am voting no

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/2
    Given: 86/28

Ignore User

I believe it, Mesa is the one who's getting the flying. But still, I would vote 'no' twice over still to stand up for our industry. Mesa was the PSA back in early 2000 for those who remember. What has changed? More grab for money, cheapest bidder. If AAG was smart, they would review the lawsuits between Mesa and Delta... But who care. Wal-Mart is proof that people will keep returning for cheap crap as long as it satisfies their imediate desire.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Parker via us airways owns 30 percent of Mesa. They bought the 30 when they were in bk and could not afford to lose the feed. If Mesa is meeting it's hiring needs then eagle has surpassed what they require for new hires.

Not one regional is meeting there hiring needs that's including eagle.

Vote no with pride.
    Sir, can I have another.

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered500 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 11/82
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

-4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You guys are delusional. They won't be back is my guess. I'm sure it won't be easy but doable in the long run. We won't be getting them if this doesn't pass .We will be crying in our beer and saying what now. Mesa sucks

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Hey, how simple do we have to make it for you, DONT care if they come back. I HAVE A CONTRACT good for another SEVEN years. You know the one you voted for, crawl back to your hole. You yes voters have nothing to argue with. You were told last time to vote NO but you all 75% knew better! well now they are back again all because they know pilots like you exist here. WEAK mind.

Sick and tired of the yes bull shi+. At least I know my NO vote cancels your yes sniffle.
    Sir, can I have another.

Company
    of wolves
    Base
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Job
    A to B
    A/C Flown
    for pay.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Yes!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

-3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    That 8 year contrAct that ALPA pushed through with out a fleet plan is worthless. We have been snookered Its time to pick up the pieces and move on

Company
    of wolves
    Base
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Job
    A to B
    A/C Flown
    for pay.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by mcmuffinnn@gmail.com View Post
    That 8 year contrAct that ALPA pushed through with out a fleet plan is worthless. We have been snookered Its time to pick up the pieces and move on
    That 8 year contract is worthless (I voted NO to it too), but it is now a 7 year contract that is much better than the 10 year piece of Sh!t presently before us.
    It is time to vote the fu(k NO, and move on.
    Last edited by FreeFlyFreak; 03-20-2014 at 10:24 PM.

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    Pilot
    A/C Flown
    EMJ
    Divorces
    0 & never will
    Level
    Overall activity: 71.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsOverdriveVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 50/11
    Given: 25/5

Ignore User

Well, Mesa is not meeting their healthcare cost. Picked this up on another forum. The bar will will go lower if we allow it.

On Friday, March 14, the Company released the changes to our health care insurance, including what pilots would be paying in premiums. Under our current contract, the Company is allowed to pay any percentage of the cost of the insurance and pass on the remainder to the pilots—and that’s just what they did here. Over the weekend, your MEC Officers and Negotiations Committee took a close look at the changes and you can be sure we didn’t like what we found.

Under these changes, many of us will be paying double what we currently do for the same level of coverage. So the pilots are effectively subsidizing other employees’ health insurance costs, because we are forced to remain healthy for the FAA standards Added to the fact that we are still one of the lowest paid carriers in the regional industry, this further decreases our take home pay. We would say we’re the bottom of the barrel, but we’re not even sure we’re in the barrel anymore.

With every paycheck, Mesa pilots’ quality-of-life will be further eroded and many of us may find it cheaper to simply go outside the company and seek individual policies that provide equivalent coverage. It’s pathetic that professional pilots have to consider outside health care coverage, when every Starbucks full-time employee has affordable care, but that’s where we are.

Your MEC urges pilots to carefully review the new health insurance programs, including the coverage offered and the premiums and educate yourself as to what is available both through the company and through individual policies. Under the federal “Affordable Care Act” (“Obamacare” or ACA), each state is mandated to offer an “insurance exchange.” There are also numerous reputable websites where you can quickly compare health insurance coverage and premiums apples to apples. It may well be a rewarding investment of your time. Open enrollment at MAG closes March 31, as does the ACA enrollment period.

Meanwhile, as management boasts about new planes and growth, our negotiating team waits for any movement from the company at the table and we get less and less in our paychecks. This is not the way to attract new pilots or keep the ones you have. We are a vital part of the success of this company and it is far past the time for the pilots to be treated as such. With recent contract gains at other regional carriers, potential new hires are surely going to start reconsidering if they want to come to MAG.

Soon, we’ll be coming out with a booklet detailing the negotiating reality we live in, and how we stack up with other regional carriers across a number of economic metrics. Suffice to say, don’t look at the top of the chart for Mesa—aim your eyes a bit lower down. Quite a bit lower…

MAG management needs a reality check. Your MEC leadership will not stand idly by as our management leads the race to the bottom and tries to drag us along with them. We will continue to press the company on all issues, including the latest insurance premium insult. If you have any questions, or wish to volunteer to help us in the fight, contact your status rep.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

First airline to force its pilots to look at obamacare for coverage. Just so they dont have yo pay double of what they were paying. This is just to much its sickening

Level
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 110/11
    Given: 37/2

Ignore User

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    You guys are delusional. They won't be back is my guess. I'm sure it won't be easy but doable in the long run. We won't be getting them if this doesn't pass .We will be crying in our beer and saying what now. Mesa sucks
    You sir are an idiot. Talk to your reps. Mine told me they are going to come back, they have more to give. But weak pilots have forced us into this situation. Grow a pair, or bake a pair. If we vote it down we get more. What don't you understand about: there is no one else!

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

From management to union,
    1. we will be farming out some of the feed
    2. Want the flow here for recruitment purpose
    3. We will not be offering flow to a non owned carrier. This just allows that carrier to hire and use pilot to feed other airlines.
    4. There will be a shortage of pilots, non owned regionals with no flow will not be able to hire enough new hires.
    5. About two years all that feed farmed out will begin to be brought in house to our owned regionals. Because of above.

Only place that can cover as we speak is eagle but we will also end up eventually be short pilots but the only other place for AAG is to merge PSA and piedmont also acquire the rest of Mesa, AAG owns thirty percent of Mesa. That's it, they management at AAG are in a box and there opening for action are being minimized by lack of pilots applying.

They have no choice but to return, they can go to PSA again but I don't think it will work that well but you never know. When will they come back, if the vote goes majority NO I am guessing about 6-8 months after the vote.
    During that time, we have a contract still and we still have a flow that minimum of 20 pilots will be sent over to aa.
    There is NO reason to capitulate to management for nothing in return.
    Sir, can I have another.

A/C Flown
    SF3, ATR, EMB, CRJ, A320
    Divorces
    Hunting accidents are cheap and unfortunate.
    Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 95/3
    Given: 26/3

Ignore User

At the MEC meeting one guy stood up and said that he owned a couple flight schools, and that the numbers of starts are down somewhat. More importantly, the QUALITY was down- most anyone smart enough to do this is smart enough to figure out it's not worth doing, so the only ones that are going through training are the (dumb ones).

If Mesa is filling their newhire classes, I believe it confirms the above. They truly deserve the QOL they're going to have.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

"We will not offer flow to non-owned feed".

Sorry, we bought 2 small regionals. They now get Eagle's feed based on DOH. Too bad, you now have to wait a lot longer.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by davie7ee View Post
    You sir are an idiot. Talk to your reps. Mine told me they are going to come back, they have more to give. But weak pilots have forced us into this situation. Grow a pair, or bake a pair. If we vote it down we get more. What don't you understand about: there is no one else!
    Enough already. You sir have no common sence. Mark my word if this is voted down AAG Will announce MESA gets large order of emb 175. You said earlier that itdoes not matter to you. Why don't you just quit. There is a pilot shortage you shouldn't have a problem

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

Rumour Control MESA is meeting its Hiring Numbers

Enough, already! You, sir, have no common sense. Mark my words: If this is voted down AAG will announce that MESA is getting a large order of EMB-175s. You said earlier that, "...it does not matter to me." Why don't you just quit? There is a pilot shortage, you shouldn't have a problem getting hired elsewhere.
    Ahh, that's better. Yep. I'm officially bored.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Then mcmuffin you don't Need the flow either so just vote no and go away

Company
    of wolves