Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second ClassVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 120/44
    Given: 398/28

Ignore User

BWI ramp outsourced.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    This may be old news, but it was the first time I have been there since the change. No parking delays, an excess of employees, all hurrying and doing a good job. That's when I realized they were no longer AA rampers. I hate to say they got what they deserved, but I will say the dug their own graves.

Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/9
    Given: 60/5

Ignore User

Seems like to me the outsourced stations are the worst. When I go somewhere with all AA rampers they are usually on top of it.

Level
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

to me, it seems the outsourced stations have more employees working the ramp. They seem to have started out slow or inexpericenced, but there are stations that have turned the corner.IMHO.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 16/2
    Given: 44/15

Ignore User

BWI used to suck arse...... It was obvious that they did not like eagle one bit.... Glad to see it running better now.... btw...MSP just changed from AA ramp as well..... big improvement !!!!!!

Level
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

DEN, IAH, PHL, OKC also that i know of.

Level
    Overall activity: 41.7%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 8/4

Ignore User

At EWR they weren't very impressive. One of the rampers has one arm...and his function is??? He can't marshal aircraft and he's probably pretty bad at tossing bags.
    They disconnected the GPU when we had no APU and couldn't get it restarted. The result was deplaning the passengers -- 10 minutes on the emergency lights before the batteries are dead.
    Then they couldn't get the huffer cart to work. I'm not a rocket scientist, but I think people playing around with a large hose that creates in excess of 42 psi is probably not the best of ideas. I was waiting
    to look out and see some guy hanging on to the hose getting flipped all over the ramp. Then when they finally figured everything out it took 15 minutes for them to push us. They didn't understand the terminology, they seemed overwhelmed. It sucked. All of this to save a few bucks? I don't think its worth it. Perhaps they've improved and I hope so. I haven't been there in awhile. Just remember, all of you gloating over this, it will be us next...as soon as they figure out a way to do it. Skywest, Express Jet, Chautauqua, they'll all be happy to do our jobs too.

Level
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/32
    Given: 42/4

Ignore User

The first month of BWI outsourced rampers was a joke. Took one guy 25 minutes to plug the gpu in. While boarding, they had 2 tampers on the jet bridge asking why passengers were bringing bags down to the plane because they already loaded the cargo. First month there, the average delays off the gate was 17 minutes. They have 2x as many people and they can't do anything right.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/6
    Given: 1/3

Ignore User

Really?? Where was that station because it is the only one. Every and I mean Every AA station I went to sucks arse. They hate us and we are beneath their high and mighty selves. Funny how years ago when we saved many AA jobs in RDU they loved us, then when AA picked up, they hated us again.
    Sadly, with BK no one needs to be paid 80K a year to throw bags. I say good riddance, but that is being replaced with egl handling at airports with contracts with other carriers. Been to GRK lately, you wait until the other flights are taken care of(delta,united) before you even get parked,unloaded, loaded. You get the picture.

Level
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/0
    Given: 80/11

Ignore User

DTW, & BDL also

Level
    Overall activity: 41.7%
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 35/0
    Given: 8/4

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by downwind View Post
    Really?? Where was that station because it is the only one. Every and I mean Every AA station I went to sucks arse. They hate us and we are beneath their high and mighty selves. Funny how years ago when we saved many AA jobs in RDU they loved us, then when AA picked up, they hated us again.
    Sadly, with BK no one needs to be paid 80K a year to throw bags. I say good riddance, but that is being replaced with egl handling at airports with contracts with other carriers. Been to GRK lately, you wait until the other flights are taken care of(delta,united) before you even get parked,unloaded, loaded. You get the picture.
    Not sure where all these ideas that "they hate us" came from. I've been to dozens of those supposed places and not had that feeling one time. Yeah, they park AA first - who gives a crap? That's the big dog and their main concern. But I never once felt like I wasn't wanted at an AA station. I had a captain tell me they hated us at IAH - is that why everyone on the ramp was saying hello and smiling and being friendly. Maybe I don't understand hate very well.

And really, if a ramper or rampers hates us, who cares? Does it really affect your life that much? Wouldn't bother me a damn bit. In fact I would find it humorous. No skin off
    my behind.

You say good riddance? Yes, some cocky pilot over at SkyWest will be saying the same about you in a couple of years...
    Some ExpressJet FO will be talking about how no one deserves to earn X amount for flying a plane...

There's always someone out there willing to do the job cheaper than you.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 20/9
    Given: 60/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Go Pound Sand View Post
    Not sure where all these ideas that "they hate us" came from. I've been to dozens of those supposed places and not had that feeling one time. Yeah, they park AA first - who gives a crap? That's the big dog and their main concern. But I never once felt like I wasn't wanted at an AA station. I had a captain tell me they hated us at IAH - is that why everyone on the ramp was saying hello and smiling and being friendly. Maybe I don't understand hate very well.

And really, if a ramper or rampers hates us, who cares? Does it really affect your life that much? Wouldn't bother me a damn bit. In fact I would find it humorous. No skin off
    my behind.

You say good riddance? Yes, some cocky pilot over at SkyWest will be saying the same about you in a couple of years...
    Some ExpressJet FO will be talking about how no one deserves to earn X amount for flying a plane...

This was a long time ago but I'm sure the sentiment is still there.
    In 1999 when they were switching a lot of AA rampers to outsourced I was in Rochester and they refused to hook up air that we requested and were moving really slow (AA rampers)
    The Captain called on the radio and the station actually said they are not doing any favors for Eagle. Cap'n went in a ripped'm a new one.
    The came out and hooked up the air.
    Also many FA's feel Eagle is taking their jobs.. so the sentiment does exist.

Level
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/2
    Given: 2/2

Ignore User

Yeah, except they don't do it cheaper, they make as much if not more than we do.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 55/6
    Given: 1/3

Ignore User

my behind.

Well then you are just oblivious. Yeah, they smile at you but they are also telling you f- you under their breath. Yes they may have a couple of people that are pleasant, but as a whole being worked by an AA station is the worst experience you can have without going to the dentist.

Thread Information