Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

The latest from Pedro

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Team,

I am extremely disappointed the Master Executive Council (MEC) of the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA) decided yesterday not to send the Tentative Agreement (TA) to our pilots for a ratification vote. Unfortunately, their decision to deny our pilots a vote means the loss of what would have been a very important opportunity for each individual pilot, our company and all the people who work here.

Before discussing what this means for us moving forward, I want to give you some background about what happened between the time the negotiations began and yesterday?s MEC decision. Beginning last December, our team worked tirelessly with the MEC?s negotiating committee to craft an agreement that not only contained compromises by both sides, but also would have benefited both the company and our pilots. On Jan. 10, the MEC ultimately agreed to what became the Agreement in Principle (AIP). The parties then began working over the last month to develop detailed contract language from the AIP to create the TA.

The TA?s terms addressed each of the most important priorities for our pilots that ALPA identified, while staying within the economic framework supported by company. If ratified by our pilots, it would have: enhanced our pilots? job security; improved their ability to quickly advance their careers here and at American Airlines with industry-leading flow through; provided us with our first-ever fleet commitment for a minimum of 170 aircraft; and ensured the placement of new, larger regional jets, the Embraer 175s (E175), at our company. The resulting language from this back and forth was deemed satisfactory and in keeping with the AIP by both the company and the MEC?s negotiating committee. This was then sent to the MEC and yesterday they declined to send it out for a pilot vote.

American has now informed us they have no choice but to begin looking for another regional carrier or carriers to operate their E175s. American has held off on making this decision as long as possible, as they wanted to give our pilots the chance to do this flying. This was discussed with ALPA and with yesterday?s MEC decision, American can?t wait any longer and will begin these efforts immediately.

American Eagle Airlines will continue to work toward making our flying operation as competitive as possible while addressing the downsizing of our fleet and related staffing in the coming years. Unfortunately, many difficult decisions will have to be made during this time. We will proceed with retiring some of the smaller aircraft in our current fleet. American can also be expected to look for more economic options to provide regional feed and, eventually, other and more cost-effective carriers will fly the larger aircraft currently on our certificate such as the Bombardier CRJ700s.

While the AIP would have offered our pilots and our flying business a robust future, I do want to stress our company does not and has not relied on flying alone to generate growth and revenue. American Eagle Airlines will remain an airline, even with our reduced flying operation. The ALPA MEC?s statement asking us to provide a timetable for the company's "liquidation" is not something we can provide as we are not planning to shut down the airline. Our ground handling operation continues to thrive and we have added new business and employees there at a rapid pace and will aggressively seek to continue this trend. The MEC?s decision does not change or impact this and opportunities still exist there, but I have no reason to believe American will offer us new large regional jet flying after these unsuccessful negotiations.

I commit to keeping you updated on this process, news and developments as we move forward and as more details are known.

As always, thank you for all of your work on behalf of our customers and company.

Regards,

Pedro

Company
    Eagle
    Base
    DFW
    Job
    CA
    Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 45/2
    Given: 10/0

Ignore User

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    F**k you, pedro!!!

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    I do want to stress our company does not and has not relied on flying alone to generate growth and revenue. American Eagle Airlines will remain an airline, even with our reduced flying operation. The ALPA MEC?s statement asking us to provide a timetable for the company's "liquidation" is not something we can provide as we are not planning to shut down the airline. Our ground handling operation continues to thrive and we have added new business and employees there at a rapid pace and will aggressively seek to continue this trend.
    Ahh, that clears it up. We're not shutting down Eagle, but simply converting to a pilotless (damn pilots!) and airplaneless "airline" which specializes in ground operations.

Does this mean they will seek to take ground operations from American or another airline like Republic....which does seem to need some help parking airplanes at the moment.
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Company
    Beagle
    Base
    NYC
    Job
    pelot
    Level
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 53/5
    Given: 0/0

Ignore User

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hey Pedro is just doing his job...trying to make the most profit possible. It is good for the company and bad for us. I am glad we got the no vote and will have to wait and see if AAG can find somebody else to do what we do....my bet is that there isn't anybody. Question is " Is whether they can comeback later with egg on there face and ask us to fly the bigger aircraft that they ordered?" Love to see that day, but I may be off to a brighter future by then. Good luck to us all.

Job
    CA
    A/C Flown
    EMB
    Level
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Overdrive5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 202/5
    Given: 132/2

Ignore User

In my 22+ years here, I've never, ever seen management admit error. Like this current letter, they'll side-step, not back-step.

"Oh, no, that's not what we said. We really want you to fly the E175s. How much do you want?"
    Ego Credam Ubi Vidi
    I'll believe it when I see it

Level
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveVeteran25000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 570/36
    Given: 589/14

Ignore User

F. K pedro and all eagle mansgement especially AAG stick up your azz

biggest b.s. in pedros letter

American has now informed us they have no choice but to begin looking for another regional carrier or carriers to operate their E175s. American has held off on making this decision as long as possible, as they wanted to give our pilots the chance to do this flying. This was discussed with ALPA and with yesterday?s MEC decision, American can?t wait any longer and will begin these efforts immediately

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 59/5

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by Royer View Post
    F**k you, pedro!!!

This.

Pedro states he was looking forward to a "Robust" new American eagle with new planes while his pilot group gets f***** daily?

All the while they were going to park the airplanes anyway to guarantee our flow to AA. Pathetic at best.

Level
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 209/18
    Given: 66/145

Ignore User

Well, there's the "disappointment" letter I was talking about. You'll note several things. First, it's short on specifics of what they are going to do with the 175's or the CRJ's. That's an indication they don't want to box themselves into anything for the future. It's also an indication they have nothing specific in the works about either fleet despite what was repres...........er, bulls%&ted over the last few months. Yet, it also continues a tone of impending doom and that is to be expected (this has all happened before over the last 20 years). You see, when a new deal materializes (probably after the smoke clears so they don't look TOO desperate), they'll want a scarier sword of Damocles out there hanging over everyone's head and one that has shown at least SOME sign of materializing. They are very much like the North Korean regime of Kim-I'm Nuts in that they'll want to save face. The real problem is that whatever new deal might come through in the future, it will not have any guarantee of keeping senior pilots in their compensation for the remainder of their careers or that every Envoy pilot will get to AA at any point in time or even ever.

I think their goal is still to position this carrier for consolidation and a really good contract although great, also means there's more incentive to correct it through other methods down the road. The one thing they don't want to do is startle the snakes too badly too soon and end up with an out-of-control attrition problem. That is one reason why I think every pilot shouldn't count on either retiring at Envoy under present compensation or better or making it to AA via a flow. For many, it's still a good bet to cut your losses as even though you've won this battle, they plan to win the war. Making too big or long of a commitment to these people is a risky bet. BTW, I think poor Pedro's head will roll before too long. I think he was hoping a successful swindling here would give him firmer footing with higher ups and now he's been made to look like a neutered Chihuahua. I don't think Parker has much use for dogs like that, so I expect his future is now in serious question.
    Last edited by Beagleboy; 02-13-2014 at 02:26 PM.

Level
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 71/17
    Given: 71/4

Ignore User

I want my letter from uncle Winkley

Company
    of wolves
    Base
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Job
    A to B
    A/C Flown
    for pay.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 105/6
    Given: 890/93

Ignore User

We will proceed with retiring some of the smaller aircraft in our current fleet.
    American can also be expected to look for more economic options to provide regional feed and, eventually, other and more cost-effective carriers will fly the larger aircraft currently on our certificate such as the Bombardier CRJ700s.
    American Eagle Airlines will remain an airline, even with our reduced flying operation.
    The ALPA MEC’s statement asking us to provide a timetable for the company's "liquidation" is not something we can provide as we are not planning to shut down the airline.
    I have no reason to believe American will offer us new large regional jet flying after these unsuccessful negotiations.

In short the Comair II was a bluff, we will shrink (as we would have regardless) and we may not get 175's, but that depends on if AA can find pilots at other carriers.

No need to limit the flow to 20 Per month now.
    50% of a class here we come.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

Kim-im nuts. Love that

Company
    of wolves
    Base
    Wherever I lay my hat
    Job
    A to B
    A/C Flown
    for pay.
    Divorces
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 105/6
    Given: 890/93

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by v1rotate View Post
    I want my letter from uncle Winkley
    He has to wait for someone to write it for him.
    He is working on the bullet points now, it then has to be spell checked, grammar checked, and translated into intelligible language by someone else.

Company
    Beagle
    Base
    NYC
    Job
    pelot
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

He can always join Gartoon at RAH :-)
    They are preparing for all the rabbits running from here for the job there or maybe the consolidation is being prepared. At least it will be for better pay!

Company
    Beagle
    Base
    NYC
    Job
    pelot
    Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Jim Said in his meeting with us that the 140's were going next month anyway with or with out a yes vote and the CRJs were going to PSA starting in Jan 2015....sooooo whats the difference now???
    AAG will have to find somebody to fly those shiny new jets :-)
    Good Luck!

Company
    Oh boy...
    Base
    On my 4th one.
    Job
    Unrewarding
    A/C Flown
    C-152,172,182,340 PA-140 BE-76 SF340, EMB 145
    Level
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:
    OverdriveTagger Second Class5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 220/31
    Given: 36/1

Ignore User

Nothing new. We'll be around for years, we'll shrink, and park aircraft. That's what was going to happen before, and that's still what is going to happen. We've briefly had an option to take a pay/benefit hit and lose furlough protection for an un-guaranteed fleet mix and flow through, but obviously said no.

So really we're right back where we were, the day before we ever knew this crappy strategy existed. Worse off than before this sham bankruptcy, but not as bad as if we'd accepted this next underhanded grab at our profession.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 1/0

Ignore User

Now is the time to fly the book. If they want to shut us down or shrink us into a ground handling entity then make it painful. Don't fly with anything broken. Don't do other peoples jobs, just your own. FO's do the most thorough preflight on every leg and don't let your captain not write things up. Do your job but more thoroughly. If you get my drift.

Level
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 28/1
    Given: 18/0

Ignore User

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wow, the company is already aggressively seeking to crew these planes elsewhere. Best of luck to them!!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/lbg/4332339424.html

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down

Ignore User

they have no plan B, never did. one or many other companies pedro said to fly the e175's for AAG, hmmmm this ought to be fun.

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 17/0

Ignore User

Quote Originally Posted by straightedge View Post
    Wow, the company is already aggressively seeking to crew these planes elsewhere. Best of luck to them!!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/lbg/4332339424.html

whoever did that is a genius ahah

Level
    Achievements:
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 51/1
    Given: 2/3

Ignore User

American Eagle Airlines will remain an airline, even with our reduced flying operation.

can't help but find this comical

Thread Information