PDA

View Full Version : Eagle employee at DFW involved in sting operation

No Tuna In Cockpit
09-06-2013, 06:07 PM
The article headlines the DFW police busting TSA employees, but it seems an Eagle employee is behind it all:

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/DFW-Airport-Police-Targeted-TSA-in-Sting-Operation-222618731.html

Slim pickens
09-06-2013, 06:43 PM
DG did just resign his post. Maybe he knew this was coming. Snackgate came to a screeching halt. How else was he supposed to maitain his lifestyle?

Royer
09-06-2013, 08:53 PM
Not surprised. I've seen many sketchy-looking TSA agents riding the bus and in the terminal. It might be off topic, but I think the military or private companies should run security checkpoints at airports

360DD
09-06-2013, 09:11 PM
So these TSA agents risked their jobs to save $308? Real smart.

Highflyer1980
09-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Interesting. Although I'm not surprised its an eagle employee starting the nonsense. I mean we have people stealing stuff from our bags in crew rooms.

Flugschlafen
09-06-2013, 09:20 PM
Not surprised. I've seen many sketchy-looking TSA agents riding the bus and in the terminal. It might be off topic, but I think the military or private companies should run security checkpoints at airports

Private companies did run security before the TSA, they were hired by the airlines. After 9/11 the ranks were re-background checked and a significant number had to be fired because of criminal records or immigration status issues.

rocky
09-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Why not military? I might seem like a pointless task, but man, I would rather know the Military was covering me than someone Janet Reno wanted.
Plus, why aren't we using advanced behavior trait analysis to judge people coming through? Just the basics would be more rational than screening and running a pat-down on my kids. I mean, frankly if we did profile, then Sept. 11th would of never of happened.

RIGHTWINGMAN
09-07-2013, 10:10 AM
If we place a real size cutoff picture of Janet Reno at every checkpoint,point of entry and every 10 meters along the border, we might just scare a bunch of bad guys into reconsideing their plots or even going back...

Cujo665
09-07-2013, 12:35 PM
Return it to private companies contracted by the airport, not the airline; and have a small govt oversight function.

davie7ee
09-07-2013, 06:44 PM
Return it to private companies contracted by the airport, not the airline; and have a small govt oversight function.

Some airports are still private. Sanford fl is and they market the fact that You don't have to deal with the tsa

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

BOHICA
09-07-2013, 06:52 PM
Private companies did run security before the TSA, they were hired by the airlines. After 9/11 the ranks were re-background checked and a significant number had to be fired because of criminal records or immigration status issues.

I think is what you mean is they weren't criminal enough.

I don't know what's worse, TSA dealing in stolen parking passes or the fact they get charged $408/year to park in a crappy lot and deal with the ****ty busses. I mean, who's really the crook here?

davie7ee
09-07-2013, 07:39 PM
I think is what you mean is they weren't criminal enough.

I don't know what's worse, TSA dealing in stolen parking passes or the fact they get charged $408/year to park in a crappy lot and deal with the ****ty busses. I mean, who's really the crook here?

Just wait l. All the commuters got kicked out of mco and when they realized how much money they were losing they called us back. F them better service and price elsewhere.

Sirflyer
09-08-2013, 12:11 AM

Cujo, you know better to say this. Were you here prior to 9/11?

KEITH STONE
09-10-2013, 06:52 AM
Interesting. Although I'm not surprised its an eagle employee starting the nonsense. I mean we have people stealing stuff from our bags in crew rooms.

Well, in this case, it was an AE Captain stealing 129 parking passes from the CPs office. That's right. Right out of the desk.

Trust no one when it comes to your personal belongings. I'm not even going to leave my stuff in the cockpit if I don't know the FO. I can't afford a replacement EFB.

Nice to know even with their increasingly selective hiring process they're still hiring criminals.

FreeFlyFreak
09-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Well, in this case, it was an AE Captain stealing 129 parking passes from the CPs office. That's right. Right out of the desk.

"One American Eagle employee has been arrested for stealing them.

Spokeswoman Andrea Huguely says the airline has a zero tolerance policy, and that the employee no longer works there."

D'oh, hope it was worth it.

v1rotate
09-10-2013, 08:28 AM
"TSA does not tolerate any form of unethical or unlawful behavior by its employees" LMAO!!! Right, especially when this is just a government job that seems to hire LOTS of outstanding individuals. I was there the morning Lateisha dumped coffee all over Steve Trivett in JFK, that was a sight.

http://www.nbcnews.com/travel/tsa-agent-arrested-after-allegedly-throwing-hot-coffee-pilot-665385 for those who don't remember, thats the link.

They had the nice b.s. statement on there too. Haha.. TSA.. wasting tax money daily. Id trust work release prisoners before them.

v1rotate
09-10-2013, 08:29 AM
Just wait l. All the commuters got kicked out of mco and when they realized how much money they were losing they called us back. F them better service and price elsewhere.

yup, i'm one of them that never went back. Where i Park now is much better, and i dont have to ride the prison bus to the lot :)

davie7ee
09-10-2013, 09:52 AM
yup, i'm one of them that never went back. Where i Park now is much better, and i dont have to ride the prison bus to the lot :)

Park woof and fly is the way forward

davie7ee
09-10-2013, 09:56 AM
We should get rid of several government agencies; TSA, EPA, IRS etc. Yes I was here way before 9/11. For security we should do what the Israeli airlines do and profile. They have a proven track record.

Fully agree on profiling. In other countries they are looking to change the way we get through security. Three security lanes 1-2-3 one least risk 3 higher risk. Based on your check in your boarding pass would say which lane. I was watching it on tv if it gets passed there will be no stopping when you walk through e lane as the equipment can check, smell, know when you last changed your underwear, etc. the last thing i was told about the tsa is at they were trying to unionize gtf out of here

No Tuna In Cockpit
09-10-2013, 10:00 AM

Trust no one when it comes to your personal belongings. I'm not even going to leave my stuff in the cockpit if I don't know the FO. I can't afford a replacement EFB.

Nice to know even with their increasingly selective hiring process they're still hiring criminals.

Wow, a captain no less...

...what was his seniority number? :p

v1rotate
09-10-2013, 10:25 AM
well.. i moved up another number!

downwind
09-10-2013, 10:30 AM
It was Capt Open.

Earl
09-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Ca Gone

Flugschlafen