PDA

View Full Version : SkyWest Inc, Launch customer E175-E2, with 100 firm orders. (Scope buster)

NoOtPilot
11-28-2016, 02:26 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-delta-air-union-embraer-idUSKBN13K2BS

swaayze
11-29-2016, 08:12 AM
I just don't see any pilot group relaxing scope to allow this, but then again people are greedy and stupid so I'll probably be proven wrong.

EGF
11-30-2016, 05:56 AM
Embraer, thought the same thing. Expects at Mitsubishi and Embraer, thought that scope would be relaxed enough right now so their jets would work. Good thing skywest management thinks the same. Though short of another sham bankruptcy, I don't think they will have that scope relief anytime soon.

ardvark
11-30-2016, 09:43 AM
AA will be first to give scope relief. They have been set up by parker and by DAL and UCAL. Next year will be interesting for apa.

If there is no scope relief then B scale is coming back to apa.

Beagleboy
11-30-2016, 09:59 PM
AA will be first to give scope relief. They have been set up by parker and by DAL and UCAL. Next year will be interesting for apa.

If there is no scope relief then B scale is coming back to apa.

Parker has slammed the door on any AA pilot contractual considerations until the next amendment date that will be 2020 at the earliest. That means no scope alteration possibilities until that time. A B-scale would be a contractual alteration and is also a non-issue until then. Look for complete status quo for AA pilots for at least the next 3 years. By then, it's likely the pilots at AA won't take anything except an industry leading contract across the board and if Parker balks (which he will), the status quo continues and AAG management cannot participate in any new RJ moves for its regionals and that status quo continues for a considerably longer undetermined time.

AAG will not be operating any of these new, updated RJ's for many years and possibly never. The straight E-175 of today will be as good as it gets.