PDA

View Full Version : You might get an ALPA pin when you flow.

NoOtPilot
10-25-2016, 09:46 AM
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2016/10/24/american-airlines-pilots-unhappy-with-union-apa.html?ana=yahoo

EGF
10-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Yeah because ALPA really helps negotiate for a better contract. Delta management vs American management.

EGF
10-25-2016, 01:52 PM
ALPA LTFO grievance in action. 2 days before any RTD's can even be submitted and the company announces all LTFO RTD's will be denied. For November. Must be having staffing issues.

copycopy
10-25-2016, 02:15 PM
It's amazing how well Alpa represents us. I hope to freaking god that by the time I get to AA that it's still APA and not Alpa.

Is the union even doing anything about this? It's an immense inequity to make the RTDs unavailable, especially considering it is a settlement for their violation in the first place!

Earl
10-26-2016, 01:42 PM
APA is a great union if you are in the top 10%. If not, do expect anything good. They did not even ask for fences for Group IV aircraft (777 and 787) for FO's in the seniority integration.

EGF
10-26-2016, 01:58 PM
ChangeABC@Envoy shows that small changes with Attitude and Behavior can make a big difference in our Culture (ABC). Along with the pledge, stations across the system will host Safety-themed events and “safety stand downs” wherever possible.

Attitude. Let's address the companies attitude. Violation of the contract daily. Treatment of employees as though they are numbers and insignificant.
Behavior. See above

Culture. Toxic.

Safety runs in this airline. Because the men and women who fly the planes. Attend to the pax and maintain the aircraft. Care about safety and the quality of work. All while working in a toxic environment for an employer who could care less about the ABC's. The I do love the hypocrisy in the emails that flow from Irving.

NoOtPilot
10-26-2016, 02:19 PM
APA President:

“Our pilot compensation will soon likely rank a distant fifth or sixth in the industry,” APA President Dan Carey told the union board last week. “As the largest pilot group in the world, employed by the most profitable airline in the world, that’s simply unacceptable.”

EGF
10-26-2016, 04:50 PM
USAir management. Likely that will never change.

NoOtPilot
10-26-2016, 05:26 PM
The problem in the next negotiations will be...

"if you want more money...you have to give me work rules."