PDA

View Full Version : Horrible Pay

bravobridge
12-08-2015, 07:42 AM
Wow! Apparently while we were busy voting in concessions, a lot of other "regionals" have been getting pay increases. Republic, Compass, Horizon, SkyWest, TransStates, Air Wisconsin, and even CommutAir all have significantly better pay than us, at least for FOs. It is pathetic that we are now inferior to perpetual "bottom feeders" such as Republic, TransStates, and CommutAir. I am glad their pay went up, even though it should still be much higher.

Our company claims it needs new hires, but now that we are one of the worst "regionals" in terms of pay, I bet we will be losing a lot of new hires to these other "regionals." And because we gladly voted to eliminate the Industry Average Increase, we'll be stuck at these pay rates for the next 9 years!

We are now officially one of the "bottom feeders."

BOHICA
12-08-2015, 08:30 AM
But, but, but... FLOW!

Anshu
12-08-2015, 08:31 AM
Welcome to reality. You're a little late to the party, but we're glad you're here.

BOHICA
12-08-2015, 08:32 AM
A flow that shrinks to not much for people hired today. All three WO flows eventuality look about the same.

ardvark
12-08-2015, 09:04 AM
The flow will stop or come to a crawl but the pay will stay and not change. We will be behind others in all, example all other have commuting hotels in their contract ours is an LOU which I understand is going to be canceled by management. Our pay has always been below others, our contract has been weak for a long time. The pilots here are so xxxxxxxxx,xxxxxxx,xxxxx that they sell themselves out for a flow which they cannot control. Next coming is PBS and the pilots here will vote it in in fear of loosing or having flow limited after the 824 is over.

eaglepilot
12-08-2015, 10:03 AM
Wow! Apparently while we were busy voting in concessions, a lot of other "regionals" have been getting pay increases. Republic, Compass, Horizon, SkyWest, TransStates, Air Wisconsin, and even CommutAir all have significantly better pay than us, at least for FOs. It is pathetic that we are now inferior to perpetual "bottom feeders" such as Republic, TransStates, and CommutAir. I am glad their pay went up, even though it should still be much higher.

Our company claims it needs new hires, but now that we are one of the worst "regionals" in terms of pay, I bet we will be losing a lot of new hires to these other "regionals." And because we gladly voted to eliminate the Industry Average Increase, we'll be stuck at these pay rates for the next 9 years!

We are now officially one of the "bottom feeders."

And all those regionals have higher pay and lower upgrade time. I'm amazed we're still getting pilots on property.

Yossarian
12-08-2015, 01:51 PM
I think we already voted in PBS, Ard. They just have to put the lipstick on it.

Flugschlafen
12-08-2015, 02:07 PM
We certainly got the "BS" part: Our reserve system. Nothing preferential about it.

schmuck
12-08-2015, 04:13 PM
Remember how the no voters were talking about how AAG wanted us to take a long concessionary contract so they could lock us in to terrible pay rates for years and years because they knew things were about to change and pay would inevitably start going up in the industry...well, that happened. And we're there. And pay is going up. Except for the suckers. But yeah...flow.

ardvark
12-08-2015, 04:33 PM
There was a saying, you can lead a horse to the water but you can not make him drink, well they did not know about envoy pilots and Alpa. They have sucking down the water cooler at centerport non stop. Flow baby, flow. They just did not specifically specify what would be flowing after all that water cooler drinking.

JakeM
12-08-2015, 06:23 PM
That's not lipstick, that's lube.

Flugschlafen
12-09-2015, 02:15 PM
Remember how the no voters were talking about how AAG wanted us to take a long concessionary contract so they could lock us in to terrible pay rates for years and years because they knew things were about to change and pay would inevitably start going up in the industry...well, that happened. And we're there. And pay is going up. Except for the suckers. But yeah...flow.

But we should've taken the first deal...

Whatever. We can make all the guesses we want, but in reality AAG could make any barrel they wanted and bend us over it as they saw fit, just like they did in the end. Maybe the road would have been shorter if we'd taken the first offer, but there was a lot of bad stuff in that deal that we've managed to avoid with the current one. In the end I think the result would have been the same. Downsized, closed bases and hulls shipped to other carriers.

Mr25cents
12-16-2015, 08:11 PM
Endeavor (which were the first to start the 4/12 caps amongst regionals) are about to get even more money:

FIRST YEAR PAY

Effective January 1, 2016, the First Officer 0-1 year pay scale will be changed to $30 per hour and will be subject to the same across-the-board increases as all other rates each January 16th thereafter.

NEW HIRE BONUS

Pilots hired after January 1, 2016, will receive a $3,000 bonus upon successful completion of training, which the company may increase to a maximum of $10,000.

$3000 RETENTION PAYMENT INCREASE

Current pilots will be eligible for retention payments of up to $23,000 annually for 2016, 2017, and 2018. Future new hires will be eligible for retention payments of up to $20,000 during their first year of service.

ardvark
12-16-2015, 08:16 PM
But, but, but ,but but we have the FLOW. Why would we want money when we can move Parker's a zz Es around for almost nothing. Let's not forget we should count our blessings that aag allows us to exists even as lonely pine scum.
Who wants money?

TheRegalEagle
12-17-2015, 10:42 AM
And...this is why I quit. I voted yes to the first concessionary contract with naive hopes that management would live up to their promises. After the vote, my base closed and the planes they promised were slotted to Republlic. For the new guys, it won't get better until you leave to an LCC or street hire to a major. Forget the flow. It's the proverbial mirage in the desert.

FYI, I am much happier since I left and I thank the gods I don't fly with these grumpy oldies who complain and complain, but do nothing about it. Yes, I'm trolling, but it's because I care for my friends who stayed. I wish you all the best!

Flugschlafen
12-17-2015, 03:07 PM
Wow, I was wondering why you got the neg, I agreed with some of the first paragraph. Then I read the rest. Nothing like taking cheap shots once you're out the door, eh?

eaglepilot
12-17-2015, 03:34 PM
And...this is why I quit. I voted yes to the first concessionary contract with naive hopes that management would live up to their promises. After the vote, my base closed and the planes they promised were slotted to Republlic. For the new guys, it won't get better until you leave to an LCC or street hire to a major. Forget the flow. It's the proverbial mirage in the desert.

FYI, I am much happier since I left and I thank the gods I don't fly with these grumpy oldies who complain and complain, but do nothing about it. Yes, I'm trolling, but it's because I care for my friends who stayed. I wish you all the best!

The republic deal was done prior to any vote. No new planes have gone there since. Not sure what you're referring to.

NO-GO-AROUND
12-18-2015, 03:14 PM
So DAL announces 23k/year retention bonuses at its wholly owned regional and Ric answers with more spam 2.5/6 e-mails......

solid retention & recruitment strategy

eaglepilot
12-18-2015, 08:55 PM
So DAL announces 23k/year retention bonuses at its wholly owned regional and Ric answers with more spam 2.5/6 e-mails......

solid retention & recruitment strategy

Why offer retention bonuses when you're overstaffed, 90% of lines are under guarantee and 50% of the pilots are on reserve?