PDA

View Full Version : APA Merger

Earl
12-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Looks like APA's BOD voted 11-5 for the MOU for a merger with LLC. Due to BK laws they can not release any info.

ardvark
12-29-2012, 08:25 PM
agreement for an mou by apa. submitted to both management groups and usapa for consideration.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-12-29/amr-pilots-board-reaches-agreement-needed-for-us-airways-merger.html?cmpid=yhoo

Mr.Lucky
12-29-2012, 09:42 PM
So what does that mean exactly?

Cujo665
12-29-2012, 09:52 PM
One step closer to a merger....

tsuda
12-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I fear for Eagle's future. Beagle pilot may turn out to be on target in his prognostications.

Francisco211
12-30-2012, 12:27 AM
Yeah and if u flow thru u will get laid off....

sully7777
12-30-2012, 10:27 AM
Getting Laid Off is always a possibility but I think unlikely.....with all the airlines getting into the hiring mode and few experienced pilots to choose from in the near future....AA will be hanging on to every pilot it can get its hands on...What a better way to be better than your competitors than to have pilots to fly your routes than to be those without pilots and cancelling everything...oh that must be Eagles future...oops. Just my thoughts though :-)

Beagleboy
12-30-2012, 12:02 PM
Getting Laid Off is always a possibility but I think unlikely.....with all the airlines getting into the hiring mode and few experienced pilots to choose from in the near future....AA will be hanging on to every pilot it can get its hands on...What a better way to be better than your competitors than to have pilots to fly your routes than to be those without pilots and cancelling everything...oh that must be Eagles future...oops. Just my thoughts though :-)

Agreed. Possible, but unlikely. The merger will take years to fully consolidate both carriers and during that time both will suffer attrition due mostly to retirements. I'd expect both carriers to continue hiring (and in the case of AA, recalling) during most, if not all of 2013. 80% of the entire "east" US Airways pilots are due to be gone in 5-6 years and during that period, I'd expect at least 1500 senior AA retirements.

Just my .02..........