PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go

Skyk
05-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Live in NY....on CRJ displaced to ORD on the CRJ. Going on a whopping 1.5 years with the company. Still on reserve...looks like there will be no movement on the CRJ so may be so for the distant future. If you were I, What should I do????

Anshu
05-03-2015, 10:27 AM
Go

Toliptihs
05-03-2015, 10:28 AM
Go...Endeavor if you don't have that major or JetBlue connection.

Anshu
05-03-2015, 10:30 AM
15 years until you flow, but the company will likely be out of business in 5. You won't upgrade by then, so you are going to commute so you can stay on RSV as an FO with a dead end regional for a few years before starting over?
Plenty of crappy regionals in NY. No need to commute for one.

tsuda
05-03-2015, 10:57 AM
Live in base. This company could give two sh*** about you.

Pancakes
05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Endeavor.

SMALLCOCKPIT
05-03-2015, 11:47 AM
Endeavor.

Endeavour's morale is improving. It is true that people are not upgrading but it looks like the prorated 80k bonus takes care of that.
You also have the opportunity for an interview with Delta that right now looks more promising than the flow at envoy.
You will live on base, make better money, and possibly land a job a lot sooner at the best major.
Also assume the good money (60k over 3 years) only lasts that long, 3 years, in 3 years you will have a lot of better options to go to.
DO NOT COMMUTE TO RESERVE that' the key point here. Specially with all the existing CBA violations the company is doing. Any Junior FO that lives in the NY area should strongly consider a move to Endeavor. I don't think any of us here will judge you guys for that.
The protected pilot group language will be easily violated, one can clearly see that management has no intent in respecting any CBA language.

Also, they new hire sign on bonus is $2,000. If you have a buddy there you guys can split it, after taxes it's about 700 each. If you don't have a friend there PM me and I'll hook you up with one.

Highflyer1980
05-03-2015, 12:18 PM
I agree. It's only over a year of seniority you'll lose going to another airline. Commuting on reserve is not cool. Unfortunately I'll have to do the same as a Captain, but with the flow that won't be long until I hold DFW again.

787captain
05-03-2015, 01:27 PM
You'll still be on rev there. I have a close friend of mine who is the 7yr fo there and can't hold weekends off so you're not going to upgrade there but if you're looking for money then go there. Ull get hired at a major of the street before you ever upgrade there

schmuck
05-03-2015, 01:35 PM
Didn't you get Dee's letter?? It's a GREAT TIME TO BE AT ENVOY!

IA DPE
05-03-2015, 01:42 PM
Dee is a a schmuck. :cool:

Flugschlafen
05-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Living at home on reserve is infinitely better than commuting here, especially with the way management are destroying the reserve system with unilateral non-CBA changes.

I don't know if it's worth it in the long run, but short term it will make life better.

schmuck
05-03-2015, 02:40 PM
Dee is a a schmuck. :cool:

I see what you did there

Flydaddy22
05-03-2015, 03:19 PM
That's a tough call. All the guys telling you that flow won't happen or upgrade is decades away do not have a crystal ball. Also they will be long gone when you are at endeavor and guys are in fact , flowing near and around your original doh at envoy. It's a very hard decision to make, that's no doubt. If you have a family at home I wouldn't even consider commuting on reserve. At the same time many guys have done that very thing for years and are now flying 73's 777's 75's at aa and other airlines. if you are a single guy. What does it really matter. At least your services are desirable. It's not a terrible gig. I think a lot of guys forget that this flying gig isn't that bad considering Home Depot lumber yard etc.
Do some soul searching
a wise fella once told me two things. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence and, you don't know what you got until it's gone.
Best of luck!!

Divine Wind
05-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Go
Go...Endeavor if you don't have that major or JetBlue connection.

Agreed. 1.5 years with little to look forward to should mean "exploring other opportunities outside the company".

If you want a job here, while I personally believe this company will be here for at least a decade, we've often been told by management otherwise. If you are looking for an upgrade, a decent contract or a means to AA, you should explore other opportunities. We've been repeatedly told our company is not desirable and we are being deliberately downsized either into non-existence or half our former size. This means all FOs can expect upgrade times to go into a decade or more.

One rule of job-seeking is to never leave one job until you find another. Another rule is to never burn your bridges. Make sure you give your proper two notice and leave this airline on good behavior.