PDA

View Full Version : AA 2nd year pay

Earl
06-25-2014, 10:25 AM
Just a heads up to the AA guys that are coming off 1st year pay. Our pay is retro.

If you are not sure of what date you should start 2nd year there are two ways to find out. Your HI8 will show CLAS DTE that should be it ( it was mine), and on Jetnet click payroll and open the chat window and they will give you that info.

An example, I was in the March 20 class. My HI8 showed CLAS DTE 1May, I confirmed this with pay roll. So second year pay started on May1 2014, but my first paycheck with it was June 25.

The way it is figured is 40 days after your hire date is what I have been told.

Jwes
06-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the info....

What's funny to me, is that the whole; date of hire, company seniority, bidding seniority, pay, Jumpseat seniority ... Bla bla bla seems to all be different dates (not over there yet but it's what I'm reading).... Why is it so damn complicated?

The day you start indoc should be everything!!!! It seems so crazy to me... I know it's complicated but jeez- it shouldn't be.... Yes when I do flow I realize my vacation seniority gets rolled over but that's it....

Rant over... 8)
As far as pay, it always seems to side on the company side.....

Francisco211
06-25-2014, 01:01 PM
you sure u want to go????

Earl
06-25-2014, 03:51 PM
I agree why I have 3 numbers is beyond me, my ID has 10/2/89. But on the good side your pay use to be based on your first day of IOE.

450knotOffice
06-25-2014, 07:37 PM
It's stupid. I was in the October 23d class, yet my pay date isn't until something like December 3 or thereabouts. AA is the only airline that does this, afaik. It's their way of keeping new hires on first year pay for another 1 1/2 months, so we get crap pay for not one year, but rather 13 1/2 months.

InTransit
06-25-2014, 08:01 PM
I think you guys are in a good spot to change that nonsense. Everything should start when you show up for class. Why complicate a simple concept?

Old84ag
06-26-2014, 07:03 AM
It's stupid. I was in the October 23d class, yet my pay date isn't until something like December 3 or thereabouts. AA is the only airline that does this, afaik. It's their way of keeping new hires on first year pay for another 1 1/2 months, so we get crap pay for not one year, but rather 13 1/2 months.

10/9/13 hire date 11/20/13 class date.

2nd year kicks in 11/20/14 but not paid until 12/25/14. Plan on almost 15 months before seeing an increase in pay.

Not much chance of it changing it cause most guys sentiment is "I did it so you should too"

stickpussher
06-26-2014, 06:47 PM
And just for kicks I figurrrd out 2nd year 767 Int. At $96.23

crittet
06-26-2014, 10:51 PM
But Usair new hires start day one with DOH & OCC seniority, and first year pay & probation ends 42 days earlier. just adding more to the merging of everyone. If NH classes are starting together US pilots are really 42 days senior per class, so much for starting the NHs even.

Rumor is you need 1 year to hold E190 captain, 42 days at some point could be a factor for bidding. Not that I want this.
NH from both should use same DOH & OCC in the future, if indoctrination is joint now. We pick our training based on age, but its adjusted based on aircraft training dates, in reality you could lose 15-25 (10-15 lost since US goes in first for each class) numbers in a class if you pick a base it equipment with later training date, US awards by age only, hopefully someone is correcting this. Is DOH readjusted to original seniority based on age in class or the adjusted based on the class start dates with mergers?

Earl
06-27-2014, 07:09 AM
Not rumor its contractual at US that a probationary pilot can not hold left seat. That happened several months ago, the 190 was awarded to probie pilots.

Its all contractual as far as your seniority. Yes AA gives the senior pilot a chance to pass but you lose seniority.

Do not worry, APA will be looking out for us on the merger!!! Yea right, I do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about that. APA will do what ever it takes to make the senior guys happy at the expense of junior pilots. But thats what they have always done.

Divine Wind
06-27-2014, 08:00 AM
Not rumor its contractual at US that a probationary pilot can not hold left seat. That happened several months ago, the 190 was awarded to probie pilots.

Its all contractual as far as your seniority. Yes AA gives the senior pilot a chance to pass but you lose seniority.

Do not worry, APA will be looking out for us on the merger!!! Yea right, I do not have a warm and fuzzy feeling about that. APA will do what ever it takes to make the senior guys happy at the expense of junior pilots. But thats what they have always done.

Agreed. OTOH, that's normal for any pilot group. Were we looking out for APA or PSA in any of our negotiations? Of course not. Our union reps have a fiduciary duty to look out for Eagle pilots, not brand X or Y pilots. What they should do, but sometimes don't, is lower the bar as we did with Tony's 8 year contract.

crittet
06-27-2014, 09:06 AM
So why have joint NH classes with AA & US, but give them immediate seniority, its just adding more animosity to the newbies, by putting AA NEWbies below not just one class but could be a few classes or up to 60- 75 numbers lost by AA NHs. Since they are hiring more, currently. So much for treating NH on an equal platform. Also heard in a few classes NH may chose their carrier along with base equipment, not sure if that would work for flows. At sometime the DOH, OCC will cause a cluster. Who knows this was from a US management guy, all US indoctrination and eventual sims will be at DFW. All hiring will be done in DFW but US staff will be moved to DFW, not sue if they will do own hiring until merger or what.. At some point the DOH OCC will be an issue to be addressed by APA ?? to protect AA & flows or we just got walked over by US NHs, not a good way if the company is trying to integrate us into a happy family. Good for US NH, at least for the ones hired this year.

Layman
06-27-2014, 10:09 AM
So why have joint NH classes with AA & US, but give them immediate seniority, its just adding more animosity to the newbies, by putting AA NEWbies below not just one class but could be a few classes or up to 60- 75 numbers lost by AA NHs. Since they are hiring more, currently. So much for treating NH on an equal platform. Also heard in a few classes NH may chose their carrier along with base equipment, not sure if that would work for flows. At sometime the DOH, OCC will cause a cluster. Who knows this was from a US management guy, all US indoctrination and eventual sims will be at DFW. All hiring will be done in DFW but US staff will be moved to DFW, not sue if they will do own hiring until merger or what.. At some point the DOH OCC will be an issue to be addressed by APA ?? to protect AA & flows or we just got walked over by US NHs, not a good way if the company is trying to integrate us into a happy family. Good for US NH, at least for the ones hired this year.

Well I think if a us nh was hired a year ago and you flowed over next month you'd be jr? How does that not make sense? You're a NH at AA? Just like anyone else who leave and starts over. Just how it goes.

Mephesto
06-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Well I think if a us nh was hired a year ago and you flowed over next month you'd be jr? How does that not make sense? You're a NH at AA? Just like anyone else who leave and starts over. Just how it goes.I don't think that's what he's talking about. If an AA class and US class start the same day, the US pilots will get DOH on day one, AA pilots will get DOH when they finish.

RIGHTWINGMAN
06-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Oh so you saying the grass is not greener there, damn it!!!

360DD
06-27-2014, 05:43 PM
I don't think that's what he's talking about. If an AA class and US class start the same day, the US pilots will get DOH on day one, AA pilots will get DOH when they finish.

Nobody knows how the lists will be merged. DOH may have little to do with it. Most likely it will be done in arbitration.

crittet
06-27-2014, 11:44 PM
That's correct a NH US class is more senior that the next 2 AA classes. They immediately go to top of the class just something to be aware of.

Layman
06-28-2014, 05:01 PM
I don't think that's what he's talking about. If an AA class and US class start the same day, the US pilots will get DOH on day one, AA pilots will get DOH when they finish.

Gotcha!