PDA

View Full Version : Newsblast 4-11-14 Contract Compliance Committee

Simon Binet
04-11-2014, 08:28 PM
April 11, 2014
Update from Contract Compliance Chairman Sam Pool

If you haven’t already heard, I was unanimously voted into the position of Chairman of the Contract Compliance Committee at this week’s MEC meeting. I have been performing the duties as an Acting Chairman since Brian Sweep stepped down after more than a decade in the role, and I thank the MEC for allowing me to continue this work.

I can’t stress enough how important it is for each and every pilot to remain aware and vigilant of the provisos in our Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). We all follow the FARs religiously in the daily performance of our duties, but sometimes the CBA gets short shrift. And sometimes the company gives little heed to the CBA, purposefully or not.

Should you encounter a situation where you believe the Contract is not being followed, I urge you to contact an Association representative in real time for possible remedy of the situation. If unable to do so, please document the facts to the fullest extent possible and retain hard evidence in printed or electronic form for review by this committee.

You are our eyes and ears on the ground! There are thousands of operations each day and your Association can’t possibly know about the difficulties engendered by non-compliance with the contract unless you bring that information forward.

Unlike using the company’s Pipeline reports – wherein it typically takes multiple occurrences of a specific nature to produce results – filing only one contract compliance form (“grievance”) gets our attention and can bring appropriate response from the Association.

One of my immediate goals is to begin moving from the concept of being a “Grievance Chairman” to being “Contract Compliance Chairman” with the difference being that a grievance is about something that happened incorrectly in the past and contract compliance is about preventing the incorrect action from occurring in the first place.

To that end, we need additional sharp minds on this committee to help spread the increased workload and mental horsepower that providing such timeliness would incur. If you have an above average knowledge of the contract, a good rapport with the Chief Pilot’s Office, and are willing to volunteer your time and mental space, we’d like to hear from you.

I’d also like to “deepen the bench” to ensure that fully qualified individuals are serving on each domicile’s LEC Contract Compliance Committee and are available to work in concert with the MEC office. There’s likely to be turnover at the LEC and MEC levels and I’d like to ensure we don’t suffer a brain drain going forward.

Thanks again to the MEC for their vote of confidence in me, and thanks to all of you who defend the hard won provisions of our CBA.

Best Regards,
-sam-
Sam Pool
MEC Contract Compliance Chairman

fridayy68
04-11-2014, 10:08 PM
I say don't fly anything that looks illegal!!! In the end grievance or not... They will say u were the final authority ... No one forced u into doing it ...I know obvious.. But u know how things can get interpolated...confused.. Ect all due to last minute pressures...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilot
04-17-2014, 06:10 PM
if sam's got it all under control, why does he keep calling team toni people for help?

Deferred
04-17-2014, 08:20 PM
if sam's got it all under control, why does he keep calling team toni people for help?
Ummm they were in power for the last 10 years? They know where the bodies are buried? Having something under control doesn't prevent utilizing all available resources. Should not Obama call Bush or Clinton for intel?

pilot
04-20-2014, 10:49 PM
Ummm they were in power for the last 10 years? They know where the bodies are buried? Having something under control doesn't prevent utilizing all available resources. Should not Obama call Bush or Clinton for intel?

sorry my mistake.... all we've done for over a year is hear how brilliant cujo and his pals are compared to the last group. now they cry and whimper when they can't figure it out? too funny.

Divine Wind
04-22-2014, 06:30 AM
sorry my mistake.... all we've done for over a year is hear how brilliant cujo and his pals are compared to the last group. now they cry and whimper when they can't figure it out? too funny.

Team Tony fans feeling butt hurt?

ardvark
04-22-2014, 07:08 AM
biggest problem for a pilot is to have tunnel vision and unable to think outside the box. these pilots are fun to fly with. just ask them. they are also gullible by people who have stronger will.

Cujo665
04-22-2014, 07:10 AM

Only been in office 6 months... and the "pals" vary. Some were in office years, some one month before me, two just took office last month, and two more good guys just took office yesterday.
Your characterization of us the past year is as wrong as everything else you guys have done.

pilot
04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
Only been in office 6 months... and the "pals" vary. Some were in office years, some one month before me, two just took office last month, and two more good guys just took office yesterday.
Your characterization of us the past year is as wrong as everything else you guys have done.

hi sweetie! i thought you blocked me?

who is "you guys"? i've got a buddy who you berated as team toni once because his opinion was different than yours...and he, like me, is the last person do anything with that regime. you keep labeling people with opinions contrary to you and you'll find yourself on the wrong side of popular opinion.

pilot
04-22-2014, 03:44 PM
Team Tony fans feeling butt hurt?

nope. just an independent thinker. please explain why you and fpl-loving john gardner are best buds? when did you two kiss and make up?

Cujo665
04-22-2014, 03:56 PM

who is "you guys"? i've got a buddy who you berated as team toni once because his opinion was different than yours...and he, like me, is the last person do anything with that regime. you keep labeling people with opinions contrary to you and you'll find yourself on the wrong side of popular opinion.

Doesn't change anything. You throw stones about for "the past year" and I've barely been there 6 months. Your opinions are as wrong as your facts.

Slim pickens
04-22-2014, 06:26 PM

Pilot,
The more you talk, the more you come across as a 14 year old, antagonistic prick. You may have a few valid arguments, but the way you speak really makes anything you say irrelivant. Quit talking like a little pnssy. You're like that little nerd who got picked on all his life, was befriended by team tony and co., and has lost all power and inside scoop by way of affiliation. Now you're just a minion with nothing to do but run your mouth. Do/say something constructive or move on.