PDA

View Full Version : New Hires, Transitions, Upgrades & FOQ: Eagle Gouge

Mr.Lucky
11-18-2012, 11:22 AM
This is gouge for American Eagle. When a new gouge is added, the thread will not show as updated, so be sure to check back. Also, please PM me to submit a new gouge, it is very appreciated.

You must be a registered user here in order to download these files.

Mr.Lucky
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
More from the old site:

Cujo665
11-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Newest study guide is here:

EDIT - 09-28-2013

http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=9527&viewfull=1#post9527

EDIT - 05-12-2014

Revision 14P
http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=20754&viewfull=1#post20754

EDIT - 06-11-2014

Revision 15p
http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=21539&viewfull=1#post21539

EDIT - 08-09-2015

Revision 16p
http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=33170&viewfull=1#post33170

Maximus
11-28-2012, 11:15 PM
Study guide is amazing, Cujo! Thank you

JWBOS
12-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Sorry to see the site went down and all the study material is gone. I'm re-doing my study guide, there are some corrections and updates that need to be made. I'll post it when it's done.

Stickshaker
12-12-2012, 10:18 PM
Bump for Cujos amazing study guide.

Simon Binet
12-12-2012, 11:50 PM
I know Mr.Lucky is busy so I thought I would post the gouges from the old site but am unable to add attachments like the first post here. Help? (It's on an IPad so when I attempt to, it only brings up photos to add).

Also, I would like to give Cujo another thumbs up on the EMB study guide. I wish I had the tenacity to put a lot of info in one comprehensive document.

Swan145
01-09-2013, 02:53 PM
Hey I have AT oral and JS for my type can anyone help please?

Mrhox55
01-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Had AT for my initial 2 years back don't remember any details besides it was a positive experience a really good guy

v1rotate
01-09-2013, 04:14 PM
I also had AT for my intial two years ago. Very cool guy, great experience.

husky16
01-10-2013, 08:24 AM
JH for oral and ride. Any info?

husky16
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
4 outta 9 failures on the EMB oral yesterday. One couldn't do the oral due to computer issues. 10 in class, 5 Sats, 4 Unsats and one no start.

hdpilot50
01-19-2013, 09:18 PM
JH for oral and ride. Any info?

Just had an FOQ with JH. There is no gouge for him, let alone any of them. The best advice I can give is be prepared for ANYTHING at anytime. Don't think that because your buddy got JFK means you'll get it. I got something completely different than what my buddy got who did his ATP checkride right before me. Just come prepare for anything and you'll be fine. BTW JH is a great guy.

Flugschlafen
01-20-2013, 06:47 AM
I hope nobody here is using gouge as the only means of studying, that's almost guaranteeing a bust. It's good to have it all the same, it makes you look at things you might have forgotten about.

Any trends in what is causing the busts?

marvinjh
01-29-2013, 03:13 PM
I have AW for CA checkride - Feedback anyone?

JWBOS
01-29-2013, 05:44 PM
A name that rhymes with hoodie? I had him for a FO PC. I would describe him as very thorough to the point of being tough with almost no forgiveness. The CA busted the oral. There were things that might have been debriefable, but the sim stopped instead. He hit all the standard items along with duty time limits, comp rest, alternate mins, requirements and exemptions. I wish I could remember more, but make sure you don't do flaps 22 on the non-precision 2 engine approach if you get JFK. No way to get down in time, he stopped the sim on my go-around. I had him for a Loft as well, my sim partner said it was the toughest loft he ever had. That said, he was fair. He was within his rights to do what he did. Not a warm-fuzzies laid back guy.

I also have FOQ at the end of the month, no instructor listed. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Also, the updated study guide is almost done with all new, mind-numbing quantities of questions. As always, I am looking for questions contributed to add to the list to help everyone out.

embraer
01-30-2013, 07:27 PM
I had BJ for my oral and MS for my type ride. This was a couple of months ago. The oral went on forever and it was the most stressful part of the entire FOQ thing, no joke. BJ isn't the type to put you at ease and makes you second guess everything. Even when my answers were 100% correct he would look at me with a "WTF?" look. It was a very looong 3 hours of that.

With that said, he was fair. He asked me something about the shed buses about 2 hours in, and by that point my head was scrambled. I asked him if we could come back to that and he did. He also asked me about the weight when the cargo net is needed. It came out of left field and I just couldn't come up with the exact number. He let it go. Other than that it I was able to answer everything perfectly which I think helped my cause with BJ. I was asked all the Captain's preflight checks and flows along with a FULL performance problem. By full I mean he even had me calculate what our limiting weight was and the exact number.

The checkride was the standard JFK one. The second segment engine failure came after the second approach. It was by far the manuever I was most concerned with and when it came I lost maybe 1 degree on the heading. During the debreif MS even mentioned he was shocked at how smooth and quickly I recovered. The best advice I can give is DON'T bother looking at the ball in the sim. It does not behave like the real one and lags a bit. Look at your heading and take quick glances over to the engine instruments on the EICAS to quickly determine which engine failed. Then just add smooth rudder and aileron inputs to recover. Don't forget a little aileron is need to correct any roll.

Also, I hear many people are busting for becoming unstabilized on the non-precision approaches. Whatever you do, DO NOT descend faster than 1000 fpm. Even if it looks like you are high. Peg that vsi at 1000 fpm and leave it there. Remember that you don't need to hit the 1000ft markers. As long as you land within the landing zone you pass. It doesn't need to be a pretty landing either so just plant it in.

Zero flap landings. Only thing there is to remember to put the gear down. I know it sounds stupid, but since you are not going through the normal checklist flow it is easy to forget until you belly up on the runway. People have been doing this I hear. My advice is to call for gear down as soon as you are cleared to land. Even if you are still miles out. You will come in hot so once again just plant it in.

That is all I can think of now.

JWBOS
02-12-2013, 06:29 PM
Newest study guide I've been working on. This one is huge, 91 pages. 782 questions. Totally mind-numbing. I went a bit broader with this version and covered a lot of FM-1 stuff, it is current to the latest revision. Unfortunately rev 35 is coming up and I don't have the time to do an update until well after it comes out, so be warned that if you use this guide after the beginning of next month parts of the AOM section will be no good. The guide is FREE, BUT... I do ask for additional questions, corrections, and anything you think should be added. This represents a lot of work during my free time, so any help to improve it for everyone's benefit would be appreciated.108

Flugschlafen
02-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Thanks, I have an event in March. It looks useful.

Jerkyboy
02-15-2013, 09:37 AM
Thank you very much for your time in creating and sharing the study guide.

Delta764
02-19-2013, 06:55 PM
Any info on DR for ATP ride?

douchebag
02-21-2013, 05:29 PM
Any info on DR for ATP ride?

yeah, he busted me.. PM if you want details..

thunderbuddy
02-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Guide is great... Anyone have a oral guide for D.R?

thunderbuddy
02-26-2013, 10:31 AM
Looking for a type ride guide for S.R

Leroy
02-27-2013, 11:14 PM
Well I have DR for mine too so any advice on a oral is appreciated

JWBOS
03-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I have my type/ATP tomorrow, but I hope this will help folks who have no idea what happens down here in DFW. I was clueless as to what to expect.

This is FOQ:
3 Days standard recurrent ground school
1 Day ?FOG?, FO Ground.
Usually a day off here
3 days of sim
Checkride
LOFT
What happens:
Recurrent - Don?t expect ANY training prep in ground school to prep you for the oral. Recurrent ground is nothing more than that, recurrent ground. Ops test day one, all the usual videos and trainers, multi-part test on day 3.
FOG ? There are different stories about what people get here. Some get a Q&A systems review based on oral questions, some just get review. Ours was all over the place, we covered sim stuff, some oral questions and performance all mixed together. Key note regarding FOG: If you aren?t ready for your oral by today, IT?S TOO LATE.
Oral - There?s enough gouge out there to study. Use the study guides from the Union website, those are good. There are a few more floating around, use those. Make sure the information is current and correct on whatever you are studying. There are stories of people busting oral test because their guide is 6 years out of date or worse yet, from another airline. Know your blue book basics, FTDT, alternate mins and requirements (I got asked a lot about this stuff, 3585, etc.), AML/MEL procedures (from docs, first flight, etc.), required docs, etc?
Day off ? You might be tempted to slack off. Don?t. Get into the profiles.
Sim 1 ? A review of everything you normally do on a checkride plus probably some re-runs of important things like V1 cuts and the like.
Sim 2 ? Beat up the student day. You get everything thrown at you plus some things you?ve never seen. My partner got a TR deployed in flight. Zero flap landings. Multiple approaches with different system failures. If you don?t feel like you don?t know s**t after today, your instructor was too nice. Take a break after the sim for a few hours if you can, then review all the traps and things to watch for.
Sim 3 ? Pre-checkride phase check. Do your best. It?s laid out just like a checkride. You might see a few more odd things here if the instructor wants to show you some things. At the end of it, you or your instructor can say No Good, need more training, or your instructor can say good to go.
Checkride and LOFT.
This is what I?ve learned:
You?ll feel like you?re prepping for ten different things when you head down to FOQ. I felt overwhelmed. 2 ground school tests, an oral, and the sim. Even if you don?t think you?re getting FOQ for a couple of months, start digging in to it NOW. It?s a PITA, especially seeing as the ground school really isn?t going to help you for anything regarding FOQ but you have to spend time getting studying for it anyway. It sucks, but how difficult your oral and checkride are can be dependent on who you get. It shouldn?t be that way, but it is what it is. Also, the way we train doesn?t always translate to the line, and what happens on the line doesn?t work in the schoolhouse. The sim is the sim, by far the most frustrating part is the lack of depth perception and seat feel that would normally be used to make judgements about speed and position relative to the runway. Add to that all the ?Sim-isms? and ?instructor-isms? that have no place in reality and you can get confused and messed up. Then, you have an un-helpful PM that isn?t going to remind you or ask you about things that you might need to do. We don?t fly like that, but the schoolhouse does. Know your profiles cold, that way you can take the events as they come and not worry about whether or not you need to set speed V2 for the event they just hit you with.
Despite that, the rules are:
#1 ? Above all else, FLY THE PLANE! Make sure your plane has lateral and vertical guidance, stay on track, don?t get lost or crash. Do not bust a limitation.
#2 ? So important it could be #1, FOLLOW PROCEDURE! Never stop requesting the required checklists, emergency procedures, and all the other communications like letting the FA know what is happening and communicate with ATC and lastly dispatch if you have time. Always declare the emergency and have the trucks waiting for you.
#3 ? Your PM WILL miss things. Do NOT trust him/her. They call this FOQ. BS. Treat it like a captain ride from the right seat. You are not pilot in command, but you are in charge and responsible for making sure things get done completely and done right.
#4 ? Don?t quit until the sim stops and you?re told the ride is done, for any reason. You might think the ride is done, but you?ll get a BAGG SMOKE at the gate. Follow the right procedure.
That?s it. Study like crazy and good luck.

jjthedane
03-02-2013, 07:57 PM
looking for FOQ oral with Huseby if its not the same as the regular oral. also looking for FOQ sim type with shuster.

Shemp
03-02-2013, 10:18 PM
JWBOS: great post!

Love2av8
03-03-2013, 11:48 AM
And the one that gets a lot of people is when they get a failure that doesn't quite fit the profile.
For example - going missed off a non-precision approach, you are just reaching acceleration altitude and you get some type of engine failure. You need to know those profiles cold and how to adapt them to the situation.
Getting a thrust producing engine fire while immediately executing a go around, no loss of performance noted yet but a hell of a lot of noise in your ear. Fly the plane. Get the gear up, flaps up, get flying.
Don't forget to brief every approach and transfer the controls whenever you need to divert attention to anything other than flying. Your PM can enter that hold or intercept a course while you are briefing something, just tell them what you need them to do.
Most PM's are good, but don't depend on them to remind you of things.
Also don't forget if you get an abort on the runway that requires a memory item to run the memory item after you have stopped and the parking brake.

v1rotate
03-07-2013, 11:46 PM
hey everyone. looking for an oral gouge for Huseby for FOQ. If anyone could help out with that i would appreciate it :)

dfwmia
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
hey everyone. looking for an oral gouge for Huseby for FOQ. If anyone could help out with that i would appreciate it :)

PM me your e-mail and I'll send it to you. Couldn't get it to upload here. I had him back in DEC for FOQ. Gouge is a couple of years old but still pretty much what he goes by.

dfwmia
03-08-2013, 04:44 PM
Oooops. Guess it did attach. All, feel free to use.

Eagle ERJ
03-08-2013, 06:20 PM
If anyone has a gouge for an FOQ/ATP oral with CM I'd greatly appreciate it!!

fltlevel410
03-12-2013, 03:07 PM
Any oral guides for Palmateer, and guides or info on Harreld sim ride? Thanks folks

Stinky
03-13-2013, 10:33 PM
Palmateer was straight foward for my oral-- even very patient when my oral was delayed due to IACRA screw ups.

Turboprop
03-13-2013, 10:58 PM
Any oral guides for Palmateer, and guides or info on Harreld sim ride? Thanks folks

A sim ride with Harreld is a home run! By far the best ride I ever had. He is fair and straight forward. Jay will do nothing to trip you up. It happens and you did it to yourself!

v1rotate
03-15-2013, 03:09 PM
I have BJ for FOQ ride tomorrow. anybody have a gouge? :)

Mr.Lucky
03-15-2013, 04:08 PM
There is a recent BJ FOQ gouge in the first post, and my older BJ type oral in the second post.

v1rotate
03-15-2013, 04:48 PM
There is a recent BJ FOQ gouge in the first post, and my older BJ type oral in the second post.

yea they are both oral gouges.. i was hoping for a sim gouge. but oh well. thanks!

Mr.Lucky
03-15-2013, 05:12 PM
yea they are both oral gouges.. i was hoping for a sim gouge. but oh well. thanks!

Oops, sorry.

Standby4life
03-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Here is one more MA ORAL date 3/13 to add to the list, no clue how to convert it but maybe one of the higher ups can put it in there.​https://www.dropbox.com/s/t38b7m5oft8joo0/MA%20FOQ%20ORAL.pdf

dbs
03-25-2013, 10:38 AM
Anyone have info on MB?

ThisGuy
04-02-2013, 11:07 PM
Anyone has info on FOQ oral with Chisholm. Thanks

mustang
04-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Anyone have Seeds for oral? Not sure exactly what check airman the one posted above JS is for since There is TWO (JS) names.

Flugschlafen
04-15-2013, 06:48 PM
Seeds. Don't miss his oral or checkride, you drew a good number. Straight up fair, zero games, you can't do much better. Know the stuff you're supposed to know and there will be no worries.

Cujo665
04-15-2013, 06:55 PM
Seeds. Don't miss his oral or checkride, you drew a good number. Straight up fair, zero games, you can't do much better. Know the stuff you're supposed to know and there will be no worries.

Agreed, he's a straight shooter.

mustang
04-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys..

angrydragon
04-17-2013, 09:22 PM
Had a SR Oral recently and it went pretty good. The previous gouge is pretty spot on. He does his oral's from an operational standpoint, as if we were doing a real flight. No tricks what so ever, very straight forward.

snippercr
05-07-2013, 11:34 AM
FOQ:
CP For the Oral:
Pulled out a EPC and asked me the memory items, one at at time "Cabin depressurization memory item? Roll/Trim runaway? etc"
Took my red book and flipped through asking both boxed and unboxed limitations.
Both memory items and limitations were very direct. I know some examiners were asking more scenario questions with limitations but she just asked what they were. Took about 45 seconds.
Had me list emergency equipment and then what emergency equipment Id check on a final cockpit scan. Had me go through the final cockpit scan with first flight of the day items. Then had me do a fire detection test. Asked me how long the emergency lights would stay on if we did NOT turn them off (as directed on the checklist) during an electrical emergency. I said 15 minutes but she said its 40 minutes since they are still being charged since they are in the "armed" position.
Pulled out a release, close out, TPS and flight prog from a flight she did the previous day. Had me read through a few parts. It had 2 alternates listed and asked if it really needed it. Winds were gusting to 30 at the destination but we looked into it and it was almost aligned with the runway so it really didnt need one and there was no reason for a second alternate since no 3585 or "marginal."
Asked me what "TP 21" on a closeout meant (temperature).
It was FCZ and asked if we needed to do anything (no, people were all sitting where they should be and it reflected properly on the close out).
Asked how we would dip the fuel tanks and I explained briefly but also said I would go to AOM Vol1, Systems tab, fuel to make sure I did it properly.
She had me "work backwards" - said we have X amount of total fuel in airplane, assume equal in both tanks, what stick should we go to and what would the value be. Supposedly this was a 'hard' question because she gave me 10 min to do it but I had the answer before she left the room - just divide the amount of fuel in half, find that number on the chart and it gives you the stick value.
Can you (ATP FO) sign the release? - NO, lol.
Gave me an AML and told me what I should look for in there as far as documents.
Showed me a write up and asked if it was okay - it wasn't, was not balanced properly (had NO balancing entry at all, very obvious).
Asked if a voided entry was voided out properly. I was pretty sure, but said I would double check in the FM1 where it tells us how to do it. She asked where else could it be, and I showed in the MEL/CDL book.
How far back do we have to check for an airworthiness release - current plus 4 cal days.
A few other completely no brainier questions and right when I was really getting into a groove, "sat complete." Apparently if you show you know your stuff, they can tell. About 10 minutes into the oral she even said "Well, this will be nice and quick. Thank you for being prepared."

Type ride with (F)CM
Preflight - asked usual questions but a few out of left field: Where is the emergency light on the main door (its on the large hinge that connects the door to the body, underneath). Who is the ground security coordinator? When do you have to do a security search? What is the name of the protective shield on the radom? What fluid could you expect under the wing (Fuel, Deice and Hydraulic). What color is hydraulic fluid (I said Purple but he said clear since it gets so hot, the dye goes away). Which way do the cowling doors swing open (had no idea, I dont have an A&P).
(JFK)Normal taxi out with a 4000RVR take off - no alt needed. Head to intercept a radial and hold. Briefed it after we intercepted the radial and flew it all green world. Once in the hold, had my PM do the laundry list of things. After that, heading and block altitude for air work. Did steep turns then had me set up for a stall - it was basically a take off config stall that after I recover from, continue climbing turn.
Vectors RNAV 22L. On vectors, E1 FIREDET FAIL. Ran the checklist, engine seemed to be fine. On the missed, engine failed. Call for the engine FIRE checklist, not fail since you have no way to tell if engine is on fire - shot both bottles, came back around for ILS 4R. Turn around, visibility dropped. Asked for a TO alt and checked all lights were working (most people expect this as first take off, he gave it to me middle of checkride). VOR/DME 22L, intercept inside of DPK. My instructor gave this approach to me previous day which is good - the transition is long and leads you into a false sense of security. Best to get fully configured a little ways out, flaps 45, because the step downs are a bit steep and short. You dont want to be slowing and configuring and trying to make the fixes. Landed, turn around. Compressor stall around 100 kts, aborted take off - do you call to ATC, pax and FA when you get a chance.
Turned around, V1 cut but was able to get restarted. Advised JFK is closed and vectors visual 22 into LGA. Slow to 160 (gee, what do you think is going to happen next). Flew the visual, slam land in the TDZ with max breaking and thrust reverse, you have more than enough room to stop. Ride complete.

Best advice is do that VOR/DME 22L. Not impossible or even difficult, just plan accordingly.

Eagle ERJ
05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Anyone have an updated FOQ oral for BJ?

Sloosky
05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Just passed my BJ oral recently. The gouge on him on this site that's dated February of this year is spot on. Don't think he asked anything that wasn't on that gouge. As long as you come prepared it's not a huge deal.

Jdflyer
05-12-2013, 02:37 PM
It just sounds funny when you say you passed your BJ oral

davie7ee
05-12-2013, 03:03 PM

Hahaha

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sloosky
05-12-2013, 03:11 PM

Haha...that one totally slipped by me. Maybe if I was still 13 it would've been more obvious.

angrydragon
05-22-2013, 06:26 PM
Does anyone have any info on Lesh for an oral?

Command 1987
05-23-2013, 04:27 AM
Does anyone have any info on Lesh for an oral?

No such person exists.

Mephesto
05-23-2013, 08:04 AM
No such person exists.That should be an easy oral, then!

Command 1987
05-23-2013, 05:43 PM
That should be an easy oral, then!

Agreed!

bryans219
05-25-2013, 07:10 PM
Anyone know where to find a BJ gouge for the FOQ sim?

Bubba Turbo
05-30-2013, 06:34 PM
Does anyone have any information on D.R. for the oral?
Any help would be much appreciated.

B.T.

N4185Q
05-30-2013, 07:36 PM
Does anyone have any info on JA for an oral? Thanks in advance.

Clark Griswold
05-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Fair..straight up..no trick questions

Dust
06-12-2013, 05:38 PM
hey guys, any gouges shuster for the oral.. Thanks

JWBOS
06-21-2013, 04:34 PM
Link to the latest study guide. Corrections and updates to the latest bulletins and revisions.

Enjoy!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8944629/2013-2%20RG_PC%20Questions.pdf

Cujo665
06-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Back by popular demand...

http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=8107&viewfull=1#post8107

Mr.Lucky
06-30-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks Cujo. I like the new first page.

Leroy
07-01-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks Cujo, I just took a brief look at this and noticed that the autopilot limitation might be incorrect. If I am not mistaken we have that new limit on a visual approach to disengage at 1500ft afl. Didn't look at it very closely but just thought i would give a heads up. Very nice study guide non the less.

Cujo665
07-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Thanks Cujo, I just took a brief look at this and noticed that the autopilot limitation might be incorrect. If I am not mistaken we have that new limit on a visual approach to disengage at 1500ft afl. Didn't look at it very closely but just thought i would give a heads up. Very nice study guide non the less.

You are correct, the visual approach autopilot limitation will be in the next revision, 11.... already in progress.

Jules
07-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Has anyone had Rado for a type ride?

Thanks in advance!

Leroy
07-02-2013, 08:32 PM
I had him back in feb or march and he was very straight forward and fair.

Ouairman
07-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Anyone have an oral gouge on CM?

bretthullrampage
07-09-2013, 01:38 PM
Anyone have an oral gouge on CM?

I second this.

larry lester
07-13-2013, 01:16 AM
Anyone have any info on a person with the last name Kelly? I haven't taken the time to look up the first name.

Shemp
07-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Nick? I had a training events only with him a few years back. Great guy.

pedropacas
07-13-2013, 12:13 PM
+1 on Kelly, great guy.

larry lester
07-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the replies. I think I might know who it is now.

flyinsol0
07-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Ackermen was straight forward and fair. Nice guy, reasonable, makes you feel at ease. No real gouge needed. Be prepared and you will be fine.

Woopig
07-14-2013, 12:34 PM
Any tips on DR?

Turboprop
07-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Any tips on DR?

Yes call in sick! Don't think a gouge will help cause he changes his oral around on a consistent basis. His treatment of pilots and derogatory remarks when you answer something wrong has led to a group of pilots working to get him removed from the schoolhouse.

Toliptihs
07-14-2013, 02:59 PM
Any tips on DR?
Talk about how sweet his pens are. I'm actually not joking. He makes pens at home and likes to talk about how he makes them. One thing I remember him being big on was contaminated runways and automated performance analysis in the red book. I got along with him just fine. I saw his sheet on pass/fails when I was in there and 10 out of 12 were passes. Just show up prepared and you will be fine.

suveck
07-14-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes call in sick! Don't think a gouge will help cause he changes his oral around on a consistent basis. His treatment of pilots and derogatory remarks when you answer something wrong has led to a group of pilots working to get him removed from the schoolhouse.

We need a petition from people that have had to work with DR that have felt harrassed! I know I'm not the only one.

Woopig
07-15-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks guys. If anyone can think of any other helpful tidbits feel free to PM me.

V2rotate
07-17-2013, 01:47 PM
Any one have JC for FOQ oral?

saabpilot
07-26-2013, 09:36 AM
Any Oral gouge's on Chisholm?

Thanks in advance.

Flugschlafen
07-26-2013, 04:25 PM
Had him last year. You have a fair, good oral ahead of you. Know your flow (all tests, CA and FO), duty time regs and alt mins. The usual limitations and memory items. If you know all that stuff plus the systems, you're golden. Absolutely no tricks.

No Tuna In Cockpit
07-26-2013, 04:43 PM
Anyone have a sim gouge for JH?

Sb340
08-02-2013, 11:53 AM
Hi guys, any info for Shuster in atp ride.
thanks

Walte1fr
08-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Hey guys anyone have any requal oral gouges for CM? Looks like all the gouges are fairly old. If not ill send one in when I'm done.

Walte1fr
08-05-2013, 11:00 AM
And to reply to the post at the top. I've had DR for my first upgrade oral, and a few events through the years. Never felt unfair or mistreated. He is looking for straight answers and confidence. Like all check airman you need to find a topic to talk to them about before the event so you are more comfortable. Never been tricked or lead down a road. Just go in knowing your stuff and their is nothing they can do about it.

Cujo665
08-11-2013, 07:55 AM
Version 12P has been completed and is here for download. As always, any suggestions or ideas for improvements are appreciated.

Revision Updates
Autopilot Limitation - new limitation and reformated
Contaminated Runway - reformated for more clarity
Ignition On requirments changed
APU Bleed for Starting Shutdown changed (reversed)
Typo's
Xbleed off for takeoff changed to xfeed off
CAT II profiles added
Panel C detail page modified with new Ignition changes
Simulator Tips updated to comply with new OEI profile
Numerous asthetic changes

EDIT 09-28-2013

version 13p is now available here:

http://www.talkairline.com/showthread.php?100-New-Hires-Transitions-Upgrades-amp-FOQ-Eagle-Gouge&p=9527&viewfull=1#post9527

Turboprop
08-11-2013, 08:20 AM
Great job. Seems the format on the autopilot limitation page is off. I'm using good reader and the text and boxes don't match and you can not see all of the autopilot limitation.

Cujo665
08-11-2013, 09:13 AM
Great job. Seems the format on the autopilot limitation page is off. I'm using good reader and the text and boxes don't match and you can not see all of the autopilot limitation.

It has been fixed. Download it again. Thanks for the feedback.

ORDinary
08-13-2013, 07:31 AM
MA gouge for upgrade oral:
Limitations: Asked for almost every boxed item (including Icing Definitions, Contaminated RunwayDefinition) but for some, he didn't seem to expect it word-for-word. For the glideslope AD, he just asked ?what should you do when crossing the OM...? and ?what would you do differently if your FO has no glideslope.? He did not ask about the long caution notes in the Icing Definitions. For Thrust Reversers, after I spit out the word-for-word definition, he asked which runway length would you check to determine thrust reverser use?he had me pull out LGA airport diagram to show him, and asked about when I would use max reverse in real life.
After limitations he went through the preflight sequence, from Exterior Safety Inspection through Final Cockpit Scan, including making me perform the Final Cockpit Scan. He told me I didn't need to know the exact wording (for example ?dark and guarded? is okay) but he did want to see things in the right order, and that I didn't miss anything. After the preflight he asked some systems questions. Nothing that unusual, elec ess transfer fail and some general electrical system, difference between hydraulic systems. He moved on quickly when I knew the answers.
After systems, FM-1. He asked every possible question about alternates, 3585- just asked for the basic definition (also know you need a 2nd alternate), restricted captain questions. For performance I didn't have to do a whole problem, but he asked me how would I get our max. landing weight (least of max structural, runway, climb) and then takeoff weight (structural, runway, climb, landing+enroute burn). He made me spin the wheel a few times, and asked me to get runway length from the flip cards when the thrust reversers were inop and braking was fair. Also asked me how to calculate landing speed when I have a malfunction (new Vref = Vref45+ malfunction, etc.) Two hours from start to finish.

Cujo665
08-13-2013, 10:10 AM
MA gouge for upgrade oral:
Limitations: Asked for almost every boxed item (including Icing Definitions, Contaminated RunwayDefinition) but for some, he didn't seem to expect it word-for-word. For the glideslope AD, he just asked “what should you do when crossing the OM...” and “what would you do differently if your FO has no glideslope.” He did not ask about the long caution notes in the Icing Definitions. For Thrust Reversers, after I spit out the word-for-word definition, he asked which runway length would you check to determine thrust reverser use—he had me pull out LGA airport diagram to show him, and asked about when I would use max reverse in real life.
After limitations he went through the preflight sequence, from Exterior Safety Inspection through Final Cockpit Scan, including making me perform the Final Cockpit Scan. He told me I didn't need to know the exact wording (for example “dark and guarded” is okay) but he did want to see things in the right order, and that I didn't miss anything. After the preflight he asked some systems questions. Nothing that unusual, elec ess transfer fail and some general electrical system, difference between hydraulic systems. He moved on quickly when I knew the answers.
After systems, FM-1. He asked every possible question about alternates, 3585- just asked for the basic definition (also know you need a 2nd alternate), restricted captain questions. For performance I didn't have to do a whole problem, but he asked me how would I get our max. landing weight (least of max structural, runway, climb) and then takeoff weight (structural, runway, climb, landing+enroute burn). He made me spin the wheel a few times, and asked me to get runway length from the flip cards when the thrust reversers were inop and braking was fair. Also asked me how to calculate landing speed when I have a malfunction (new Vref = Vref45+ malfunction, etc.) Two hours from start to finish.

Pretty straightforward when you've studied and are prepared. Thanks for the gouge.
Good job.

JWBOS
08-14-2013, 03:52 PM
Per Request:

QUG

Here's what you get for EMB QUG, this assumes upgrading in same aircraft, already have type rating because you've done FOQ.

Day 1: D&R

You're the captain. You are responsible. Let us point out where it says you are responsible, what you are responsible for, what you are signing these documents for and why you are responsible for that, too. Repeat throughout the day. There are some helpful subjects and summaries that are handed out in the class, but really not much new is introduced unless you've been living under a rock as an FO.

The next several days are essentially an expanded recurrent ground with the same recurrent test at the end (no ops test on day 1). We had 2 days off (weekend) during class. You'll be pulling your hair out, you've seen all of it before. Depending on which ground instructor you get you may get better insight into the oral and systems, it just depends. Mixed in are 2 half-day ground classes that have CSI after lunch. CSI is all about the flows, we had a bunch of oral questions mixed in while going through the panels.

We had 3 days off at this point. I elected to stay and study. There are a lot fewer distractions in the hotel than at home for me.

Oral exam. It's a PC/initial Captain. I had an ABCD guy, the oral was completely fair. No surprises. If you've done well on your systems portion of your FO oral before, you'll have little trouble here. There are quite a lot of FM1 questions. In addition to the alternate mins and duty time regs, look at things like when the CA has to do all takeoffs and landings, high mins CA regs and the like. You can look things like that up if you don't know them offhand, but I was told that it's much better to look it up and get it right than guess and not have all the right info. Also, you'll probably get a few situational questions. One I remember was, "As a CA, how would you fly the aircraft in an electrical emergency?" Who flies, how are the RMU's set up, etc...

Overall I thought I had a positive oral experience. Areas a was fuzzy on (I had the right answer, but maybe lacked the big picture) the check airman took the time to clarify the issue and explain why it was important and how it would affect me on the line. If this is the "new" leveled playing field as far as oral exams go, two thumbs up.

Straight into the sim the next day. All the usual sim work. Profiles, engine failures at V1 and second segment. All the usual stuff. We did JFK, LGA, MEM, EYW (flaps 22), ABQ, and DFW. The new stalls are WAY easier because the recovery is all you need to remember. 4 days sim includes one "specialty" day that has terrain, windshear, etc. I was paired with a QUG classmate. Last day of sim is a phase check, pass that and you go to the checkride.

Day off.

Checkride is a PC. No tricks. Exactly like every PC you've had before except it's in the left seat. Your sim instructor will likely be your PM. My ride was not first flight of the day, there's a lot to get done so we didn't waste time getting off the gate. The only thing I got in trouble for was doing some of the PM's job when he was getting behind doing the checklists (I set some of the step-down altitudes myself). I was instructed not to do that, my job is to fly the plane.

Day off here.

LOFT on the last day. Have to do a DCA qual here, so my same sim partner and I did a DCA turn out of LGA. Minor systems issues in flight necessitating use of the AOM 1, but nothing major.

Go home, wait for IOE.

IOE for me is DFW even though I'm JFK based. I get a 4 day trip that is turned into 6 days, 27+ hours of flying. I didn't like it, but in the end it got me out of my comfort zone in JFK and was a better way to do it. I had everything, multiple MEL's, CDL's, NEF's, weather, uncontrolled fields, delays, etc. Just another day at the office. If you're used to NY flying it's an adjustment to fly out of DFW. The more you prepare as an FO to look at all these things the better off you'll be. I was expected to pull up the paperwork and do everything as a CA, though I could not sign the release or put my name on an AML entry. I did the writeup, the IOE instructor signed everything. You'll do most of the flying, though time operating as PM is required. Your landings will suck, steering is twitchy, and taxiing while figuring out where you are on the ground are all fun new experiences. At some point during IOE you'll get your Fed Ride and a line check. Fed ride is not pass/fail, but the line check is. Make sure you brief the Fed about the emergency equipment and give him the JS briefing card, even if they say they are familiar. Don't even ask, just do it.

Congratulations, you're done. Now get to work!

saabpilot
08-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Here is one more MA ORAL date 3/13 to add to the list, no clue how to convert it but maybe one of the higher ups can put it in there.​https://www.dropbox.com/s/t38b7m5oft8joo0/MA%20FOQ%20ORAL.pdf
The link seems to be dead. Do you have a PDF file you can email?

Bexflyer
08-19-2013, 01:33 PM
Any updated gouge on W.O.O.D.Y. ?

Command 1987
08-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Any updated gouge on W.O.O.D.Y. ?

Al isn't an APD, so are you talking about a PC? He's a good guy, very straight forward.

Bexflyer
08-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Yes PC
Any special areas he likes to hit on?

eglflyguy
08-20-2013, 01:40 PM
PC coming up with MB... haven't read anything on here about her. I had another sim instructor tell me to study hard...lol

Any advise might help me get motivated to start cramming. Thanks

simpcalo
09-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey guys! I'm a CFI looking to apply to Eagle in a few months. Any advice on hiring and stuff? Preferred qualifications, Interview, QOL, basing, a/c etc.

davie7ee
09-11-2013, 11:24 PM
Hey guys! I'm a CFI looking to apply to Eagle in a few months. Any advice on hiring and stuff? Preferred qualifications, Interview, QOL, basing, a/c etc.

Very uncertain future. Been in bankruptcy for a while; concessionary contract as a result. Company want more concessions we said no they gave aircraft to other regionals. If your in a position to be get on with anyone choose carefully remember your the one in demand right now. The regionals can't meet the recruitment goals. Until AE has a more clear future mapped out I'd go somewhere else. The lack of knowing the future drives moral down. But there are some good points haha. It's easy, if we vote down PBS our qol will remain relatively high. $5000 sign on. Travel on AA. Our bases aren't as rock sold as you'd hope. Lax closed. Ord pilots shipped to ny. Joint base in my between JFK and lga. Live in base it's a lot less stressful especially on rsv.

gerbil
09-26-2013, 10:17 AM
Could have just told him to apply to republic. :$

sully7777
09-27-2013, 07:30 PM
Hey with at least 22 CRJ CAs going to AA in OCT ... anyone hear of another CA bid coming soon??? Gonna need some more CRJ CAs real soon, shawack!!!! Take that you understaffed dudes. :-) I see more 150% days coming :-)

Setthrust
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
IDK about CRJ but we are now VERY fat on EMB Ca's in DFW........I have been taking the MTX pilots to ABI.....they have been steadily test flying ACFT then handing them over to "contract" pilots to be flown to the desert and elsewhere.

So I would NOT expect ANY upgrades on this end.........

Just FYI

Command 1987
09-28-2013, 05:12 AM
IDK about CRJ but we are now VERY fat on EMB Ca's in DFW........

There are 14 of us doing a line rotation for the month of October. I would guess the majority of us picked DFW, so you may not be as fat as you think.

Cujo665
09-28-2013, 06:56 AM
There are 14 of us doing a line rotation for the month of October. I would guess the majority of us picked DFW, so you may not be as fat as you think.

I'm certainly not going to complain about the pay raise; but I would have loved to have swung gear for you at least once.

Cujo665
09-28-2013, 10:13 AM
Version 13p is now available.

buddy
10-02-2013, 12:29 PM
Are BJ questions here for FOQ also good for Captain PC?

flyinsol0
10-02-2013, 03:10 PM

Thank you, this is always appreciated

buddy
10-03-2013, 04:46 AM

Thanks for the study guide:-)

dbs
10-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Has anyone done LOFT lately? Anything new?

Setthrust
10-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Loft is a joke just show up.......one leg out and back one abnormal BIG tailwind.

No worries

downwind
10-08-2013, 12:30 PM
Depends on who you get. Last one i had included a diversion. That was in aug.

Cujo665
10-21-2013, 07:55 AM
Fellow eagle pilots... Does anyone have a copy of the INDOC manual that I can look at? Thanks

Don't kill yourself trying to study before you're even on property. They will give you everything you need and will spend an entire week going over the blue book Indoc stuff. Without their guidance on important points in the book, you'd not know what to study. You won't even know which plane you're going on until you're in class. Just study hard, take it seriously, and you should be fine.

v1rotate
10-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Don't kill yourself trying to study before you're even on property. They will give you everything you need and will spend an entire week going over the blue book Indoc stuff. Without their guidance on important points in the book, you'd not know what to study. You won't even know which plane you're going on until you're in class. Just study hard, take it seriously, and you should be fine.

bonus points if you manage not to nod off during indoc.

Cujo665
10-23-2013, 09:09 PM
alright thanks for the advice. would be nice to get a little head start though.. From what I understand the INDOC info is not type specific, but general.

On what? You don't know which plane you're getting, and reading the blue book is three inches thick of really small type.... They'll tell you what parts are most important in class. It's not the type of book you'd study. It's more of a handy company policy manual. They'll teach you the stuff they want you to remember, and want you to be able to use the book to find stuff on your own.

Saying you want a head start studying the blue book is like saying you want a head start reading the dictionary. Lots of stuff you'll know, the rest you look up.

Cujo665
10-24-2013, 07:04 AM
I think it's great that you're excited about your new job. I just think you're going about prepping completely wrong. They will tell you what you need to study.

Developing good study habits is more important that trying to get a peek into the next chapter of the book.

Flugschlafen
10-24-2013, 09:35 AM
I know you've requested the FM1, but we cannot give you a copy for security reasons. Sorry, you'll just have to wait until class to see it.

swaayze
10-24-2013, 02:03 PM
Something like that. Get completely caught up on any honey-dos at home. Spend time with friends and family. De-stress and get all your ducks in a row so that you have no outside distractions and you can be immersed for a couple of months once you come on property. Nothing wrong with pre-prepping but don't overthink it. There will be plenty of time and coverage of material for you to get the FM-1 stuff down once you get here. If you knew the aircraft type your time would be best spent on memory items and limitations, but since there's no way for you to know (even if they tell you one thing, be aware that it can easily change until you're assigned something on day 1) that's not really applicable. If you really want a head start I'd say just familiarize yourself with basic 121 regs as the vast majority of what we do and how it's done is at most a derivative thereof.

swaayze
10-24-2013, 10:15 PM
Yeah, FM-1 is the indoc info - general operations, rules and policies, and such. You could look over that a time or two for familiarization, but Cujo's right in that you will have plenty of guidance and time during indoc to digest it. Just take any study guide with a grain of salt since things change and people make mistakes.

Cujo665
10-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Cherokee 2

buzz757
10-25-2013, 03:02 AM
.?

downwind
10-25-2013, 10:26 AM
Fox 3.

Setthrust
10-27-2013, 10:01 PM
FYI the gouge on SR is spot on for a PC..........great guy no problems good ride.

davie7ee
10-28-2013, 05:27 AM
Please don't study for an open book test.

Cujo665
10-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Please don't study for an open book test.

You can lead a horse to water.....

Can't wait to see how he interacts with his CA's.
He already doesn't listen. LOL

Flugschlafen
10-28-2013, 01:15 PM
I don't agree with Cuj on a lot of things, but in this case you've got him entirely wrong. The only one here with a "stick up their ass" is you, you're not willing to listen to what people are telling you.

Command 1987
10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
and being told, "don't worry" - "they tell you what to study" - "and get your personal orders in line before training" is supposed to be helpful? Lol. Come on now...Oh well, not everyone will always agree on everything, no big deal, yall take care now.

p.s. cujo, thanks for the study guide.

The advice that you have been given is spot on, you are just to stubborn to listen. You will be out here in DFW for at least 4 weeks, and I strongly advise you to not try and go home on the days off, hence the advise about getting your affairs in order. Indoc will seem pretty easy, but the following week the firehose will open and leave your head spinning. So that first weekend before you start drinking from the firehose you should be getting all your memory items and limitations down cold. If you are lucky there will be a Captain upgrade or two in your class that can help you start learning your flows, because you will not make it through Sim unless you have them down cold. At the end of ground training you will take your Type Oral and then two weeks of SIM followed by a type ride and LOFT. After that you will get IOE in the aircraft, hopefully at the base you are assigned.

Even if we gave you what you ask for, which is illegal as it contains SSI you wouldn't know where to start and if you misunderstand what you are reading it will be much harder to unlearn it, than to learn it right the first time.

By the way Cujo isn't an instructor, He's a line guy who really puts a lot of effort into helping people. Now me, well if you get the EMB you just might run into me for your type oral or ride.

360DD
10-28-2013, 05:16 PM
Now me, well if you get the EMB you just might run into me for your type oral or ride.

You're licking your chops aren't you?

Command 1987
10-28-2013, 05:29 PM
you're licking your chops aren't you?

roflmao....

SkyeMiles
10-30-2013, 08:42 AM
Hey, there are a lot of great gouges on the EMB. Does anyone have any CRJ gouges they are willing to share?

rampken
11-14-2013, 02:35 PM
When is the Next EMB class, Big classes or Small.. thks ken

rampken
11-14-2013, 02:43 PM
Thks Cujjo For the EMB info Guide, been studying on and off waiting to come back!!! Ken

RJ13
11-24-2013, 02:35 PM
Greetings, can anyone shed some light on the training schedule breakdown? For newhires , How many weeks cover what material, I understand it's a Mon-Fri work for the initial ground training, and there is a CBT portion , how long is it for ? , I would appreciate it very much. Happy Thanksgiving .

Command 1987
11-24-2013, 06:00 PM
Greetings, can anyone shed some light on the training schedule breakdown? For newhires , How many weeks cover what material, I understand it's a Mon-Fri work for the initial ground training, and there is a CBT portion , how long is it for ? , I would appreciate it very much. Happy Thanksgiving .

About a hundred years, definitely about a hundred years.

dfwmia
11-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Show up day one, a Monday, for 1 week Indoc. Sent home that Friday for 2 weeks to do CBT. Return and 3 weeks ground school. Oral exam follows and then roughly 2 weeks sim. Altogether, about 8 weeks, including your two at home doing CBT. Schedule for ground school is generally M-F 7-4, 8-5, 9-6, etc. Sim schedule has been running over the weekend. Thurs-Mon with Tue/Wed off. You'll do 8 practice sims, 1 phase check and a type ride sim. After you are done, you'll go home for a period as brief as a few days to a few weeks when you'll be called back for IOE.

Unless anything has changed, which Command or others will definitely be in the loop on, this is about what you can expect.

RJ13
11-24-2013, 08:03 PM
Dfwmia... Thank you so much for the reply and the info, happy Thanksgiving.

RJ13
11-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Greetings, hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving, would anyone based in JFK/LGA would know how many years or how long it would be before holding a FO line? Thank you in advance.one more question ,if you had a choice and knowing what you know and experienced,and considering everything today, would you choose or CRJ or EMB ...I'm looking for advice in case I have a choice in equipment when I start.

Phantom017
12-25-2013, 05:09 PM
Show up day one, a Monday, for 1 week Indoc. Sent home that Friday for 2 weeks to do CBT. Return and 3 weeks ground school. Oral exam follows and then roughly 2 weeks sim. Altogether, about 8 weeks, including your two at home doing CBT. Schedule for ground school is generally M-F 7-4, 8-5, 9-6, etc. Sim schedule has been running over the weekend. Thurs-Mon with Tue/Wed off. You'll do 8 practice sims, 1 phase check and a type ride sim. After you are done, you'll go home for a period as brief as a few days to a few weeks when you'll be called back for IOE.

Unless anything has changed, which Command or others will definitely be in the loop on, this is about what you can expect.

They send you home for 2 weeks now? When I went thru it was only 1 week... I WISH it had been 2... that CBT is a mess.

Tiger
12-27-2013, 01:11 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I am a new hire, just finished IOE two days ago, and I need to find a crash pad in NY. Never been thru this experience before and any advice is welcomed. This is short notice but I "expected" some time at JFK/LGA during IOE...should have known better.

Tiger

rampken
12-28-2013, 06:00 PM
Anyone had MB for ATP oral.. any info thks

EXE
01-08-2014, 09:27 PM
HI

Anybody has some infos on KELLY for a PC,
Going soon,
thanks.

EXE
01-09-2014, 04:52 PM
NobodY?

saabpilot
01-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Kelly is easy going. Couldn't have been stuck with a better check airman!

saabpilot
01-31-2014, 04:22 PM
Anyone have information on J Harreld? or M Banta?

Iceflash
02-03-2014, 09:36 AM
What do we know about a CRJ type oral with Hofstetler? Thanks guys

ThisGuy
04-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Looking for info on AQP loft scenario from BOS-LGA. Thanks

Line4guy
04-11-2014, 12:57 PM
PM'd you

Garyjoe
04-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Last PC I asked what approaches I should have handy and AH said the FAA doesn't like that to be given. I replied we are supposed to treat the sim like the real airplane and I don't take off in an airplane without knowing what my flight plan or profile is. He said not to worry about it...

Anyone else get this response lately? I guess I don't mind a surprise change due to weather or such (which is realistic), but the attitude was not welcome.

Garyjoe
04-28-2014, 09:46 AM
What's with the thumbs down on guys asking about various check airman? Give it a break and if someone wants a little advice and maybe a tad more at ease then who cares. If they hang their hat and only study what is given as feedback then I agree they aren't the brightest lightbulb out there. I am pretty confident most guys study what is recommended by the training department and prepare, but like to have an idea of how some questions are asked or phrased.

Sadly I think some check airman take delight in asking the most basic question in the most complicated way, or a few look for that odd loophole situation to getchya. Too bad instead of educating the pilot group on such situations or areas by circulating information officially clarifying some problem areas they use it to instill fear in the pilot group.

And yes, I know it's not the majority of the check airman.

Cujo665
05-13-2014, 08:15 AM
Latest and greatest study guide.

Revision 14P

Please forward errors, changes and suggestions to the email address on the disclaimer page.

sully7777
05-13-2014, 11:53 AM
Need to remove the Refs for 135's when you get the chance :-)

Cujo665
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Latest and Greatest EMB Study Guide

Version 15p

fish1260
06-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Well, perhaps I skipped over it, but does anybody have any info or insight on the AQP "oral" for CRJ?

ClimbMode
06-26-2014, 05:00 PM
Well, perhaps I skipped over it, but does anybody have any info or insight on the AQP "oral" for CRJ?

Extremely easy. Word for word on about one third of the limitations, very brief and basic discussion on some systems. Entire thing lasted about 35 mins.

AQP is great.

larry lester
06-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Can we start adding AQP loft scenarios? The two I have heard are....Acars message that a level 3 threat is happening on another flight followed by batt overtemp. Another scenario I have heard is a min fuel situation where they want to see you divert. Anyone else?

EnvoyGuy
07-02-2014, 04:17 PM
Hello all! New hire in the CRJ. Oral coming up with Hostetler, any info or study guides on him would be greatly appreciated.

topher1969
07-11-2014, 05:26 PM
Qual. Upgrade here planning to spend some discussion time soon with CM, if anyone has some thoughts on particular areas we might spend more time, please let me know.

thanks in advance

He was great, very straight forward, and insightful. normal stuff memory items, limitations, first flight of the day checks. Then the rest was all situational. very good at putting one at ease, dare I say it, a pleasant experience

wes910
08-01-2014, 09:52 AM
any word on how emj aqp is? I hear the new written test is hard?

Highflyer1980
08-01-2014, 10:34 AM
It is in a way. Mainly has to do with trick questions. That's what I hate about training. They have to play these word games with you. Just very carefully read the questions and take your time. You have to score an 80% or better, but that's like 15 questions you can miss out of 75 I think?

Flugschlafen
08-01-2014, 04:47 PM
RTFQ. Then RTFQ again. I missed very few and studied the same stuff I did for regular recurrent, but 2/3 questions I missed were all because I didn't read the question thoroughly.

Regarding the whole AQP thing - it's longer than regular recurrent/PC courses in one sitting, but shorter than those combined so in a year (esp as a captain) you spend less time at the Death Star.

AQP is great.

2 days ground, you're done each day when the material is covered. No minimum time required. Sims are training, maneuvers, specialty and loft. Absolutely no surprises, all checkrides are required to fit the scenarios, no creative junk thrown in by the instructors. Same with the oral, at least one question in each required area (per AQP handbook), plus the FM1 stuff in the handbook too. No shenanigans.

If you study you will have zero trouble. The sim was shockingly low-pressure compared to even a recurrent checkride.

You will like AQP.

The only caveat I would throw out there is to make sure you work as a crew on the LOFT. Check everything, make sure it is right, watch each other's backs like you would on the line. Make sure checklists are completely done, especially abnormals. Also, remember what flap setting you land with in an emergency.

Jojoro
08-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Anyone have the gouge on BOS LGA and DR? Can't find them.
Thanks

Command 1987
08-31-2014, 06:47 PM
Anyone have the gouge on BOS LGA and DR? Can't find them.
Thanks

Why yes, they are a city pair in the northeastern USA. Doug is a great guy and calibrated as are the rest of us, so who conducts should not matter.

Flugschlafen
08-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Hah. APD humor.

Ransdriver
10-22-2014, 01:52 PM
Anyone done the BOS-LGA AQP?

eaglepilot
10-22-2014, 02:32 PM

I did in September. You deice in BOS, 6/6/6 takeoff. Get contaminated runway numbers. Depart and head to LGA. Enroute you are low on fuel (based on flight prog) because they reroute you and have only 1 FMS. Pull power back to long range cruise and monitor. ILS in to LGA with missed and hold at JFK. Land in JFK and taxi to gate.

ceff71
10-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Anything on Nettels or Mace?

Thanks

davie7ee
10-29-2014, 10:20 AM
Mace is brilliant. Really good guy to have a ride with. Fair and you'll learn something. Just know your stuff

Cujo665
08-09-2015, 09:50 AM

Did it yesterday. If you're a NY pilot it's a non-event. You get to go missed/around, you get to do a hold, and you get to go to JFK.
Just another normal day.

Cujo665
08-09-2015, 09:53 AM
The Latest and Greatest EMB-145 Study Guide

Version 16p

Netflix and Chill
10-09-2015, 09:42 AM
Any recent gouge on Chisholm?

HotSauce
10-09-2015, 09:43 AM
Any recent gouge on Chisholm?

Great username

541JRE
10-09-2015, 10:41 AM
He is more than fair and one of the best instructors to work with. It is not a free pass, but he is not very tough. He usually has one tough question that you may or may not get right. Most questions asked on an oral are straight forward uncomplicated. One or two questions per panel. All memory items. I think performance was a flip card question or EWBS, no manual (ain't know body got time for that). He had one stumper for me that I learned from. Show that you are remotely prepared with a good attitude and you will have a good experience. "You know what I mean?"

Flugschlafen
10-09-2015, 05:38 PM
Nobody... Ain't nobody got time to spellcheck?

He's also into some Texas history. Good conversation material.

541JRE
10-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Whatever! Pounded it out on my iPhone. No, obviously I did not spell check. You sound like one of the 1% that get trip traded away

HotSauce
10-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Whatever! Pounded it out on my iPhone. No, obviously I did not spell check. You sound like one of the 1% that get trip traded away

He is sleeping in his profile picture. Who has time for that...

Netflix and Chill
10-11-2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the info.

HotSauce
10-27-2015, 08:07 PM
I'm looking for the CRJ AQP R-24 systems to focus on but i can't find them on the new website. Anyone have a copy of the pdf?

Thanks

HotSauce
10-29-2015, 09:13 AM
Anybody?

Shemp
10-29-2015, 11:07 AM
Anybody?

Home - Departments - Training - Flight Training - AQP

AQP Student Handbook, page 13

HotSauce
10-29-2015, 11:47 AM
Home - Departments - Training - Flight Training - AQP

AQP Student Handbook, page 13

Thanks. I definitely skipped right over it.